Application has been denied access to graphics hardware

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:32 am

So this problem just randomly started occuring yesterday. I've been playing Oblivion on my laptop (Intel Core i5 4200u with the integrated chip, 4GB RAM and Windows 10 64 bit) and for the most part it has run really well - I had to use Oblivion Reloaded to get the game to recognize the shader model 3 capabilities of the integrated graphics chip so I could have shadows and HDR though. This was the first of many issues I've had, as even though the game performs excellently when it works, no matter what I do I can't play for more than 5 minutes now without a crash with the above error message in my notification bar. I've reinstalled, updated drivers, disabled UAC, Installed out of program files, changed Firewall settings, changed compatibility mode settings... Pretty much nothing works. The game will run even worse and OBSE won't work if I try and change it to run as administrator or use compatibility mode. This is the Steam version by the way.

Does anyone have any idea as to what could be my problem? It stumps me that this could happen so randomly! Thanks in advance!

I should also mention: This only happens in Oblivion. I have Morrowind installed as well and it runs flawlessly- up until yesterday so did Oblivion. I've also attempted general fixes to this error provided elsewhere but nothing has worked.

Elizabeth Falvey

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 am

I can only guess, but something tells me that Oblivion Reloaded (OR) might be incompatible with the Steam version since the original OBSE won't work. So I suggest that you remove OR just to see what happen.

There is also instructions on OBSE's homepage about how to get OBSE for the Steam version to work.

http://obse.silverlock.org/- read the last line

Enny Labinjo

Return to IV - Oblivion