[REL] Arisu's Skyrim.ini Reference: all 1483 settings and th

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 2:46 am

Many of you guys here on the Skyrim forums seem to be seeking the perfect settings for their Skyrim.ini, so here's a reference to help you with your research:
  • http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=hk27X7u8 — Save this with .html as file extension or rename it accordingly after downloading it, then open it in any Internet browser.
  • http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=hk27X7u8 — The work is licensed under the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTFPL, so you can reuse this and the data contained within in whatever way you want to.
Additional notes:
  • The settings toggled with the "Show unused settings" checkbox are actually being read from the .ini file but are not used anywhere in the game, so they are guaranteed to have no effect whatsoever.
  • Some floating point values will look odd because they're just slightly off their rounded values. This is because all data has been gathered directly from the game executable and floating point values can't exactly represent all numbers; it's the exact raw data you're looking at.
  • Put the settings you plan to add into the Skyrim.ini file. A few dozen settings have a property causing them to be written back into SkyrimPrefs.ini when exiting the game and the value there will prioritized. However, most of the settings don't behave like that and won't have any effect at all when you put them into SkyrimPrefs.ini.
  • The setting uExterior Cell Buffer in the category General is a special one. Its default value is calculated from the current value of the uGridsToLoad setting (default is 5) with the formula x² + 2x + 1. As long as you didn't specify your own value for uGridsToLoad, the default value for uExterior Cell Buffer will be 5² + 2*5 + 1 = 36. which is the value listed in the reference.
  • Obviously, messing around with the settings, especially the normally unlisted ones, can cause the game to behave strangely. Make backups of your saves and use common sense.
Happy tuning :smile:
– Arisu
Victor Oropeza

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 4:02 am

Thanks for this, Arisu. You've done so much for the community with TESV AL already (Which is incorporated into the latest patch now). This should be useful.
Lauren Graves

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 7:27 pm

This is great, thanks man. I especially love that you've created a list that can cull out all the unused settings :)
Steve Fallon

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 6:39 pm

the INI i have been using all along... :smile: Now to see if i have tweaked any setting that did nothing..

Thanks for this nice Job..
Mrs Pooh

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 8:39 pm

I really like the public license. Also, great worK!
Luis Longoria

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Brilliant, thanks for this.
I put it up on my website if anyone is too lazy to download and rename it.
http://www.sundergaming.com/arisuskyriminireference/
OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Could we get some compare screenshots of it to see the difference to normal ini's maybe?
jessica sonny

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Could we get some compare screenshots of it to see the difference to normal ini's maybe?
Isn't this the normal, default INI? Wait, I'm confused...
Shelby McDonald

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 7:38 pm

It says "default values" in the topic title and my description. If you pretend you've deleted your .ini, these are the exact values that Skyrim would use to create a new one. There are also a ton of normally invisible settings listed, so that might be useful to people eager to experiment. For example, click on the Pathfinding link in the directory at the top to get a list of all settings and their default values related to the game's pathfinding algorithm.
~Amy~

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 10:35 pm

This is totally neat, I'm always a bit afraid of messing with all those values because I don't know what most mean. Thanks!
Jake Easom

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am

Isn't this the normal, default INI? Wait, I'm confused...
NO this is the massive 1400+ line INI file you get if you "saveini" in the console. Been using this INI since week one. When you try this, and have the red logo(i guarentee) or cant find the file , check the 2 links that are in my SIG....lol
GabiiE Liiziiouz

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 3:30 am

It says "default values" in the topic title and my description. If you pretend you've deleted your .ini, these are the exact values that Skyrim would use to create a new one. There are also a ton of normally invisible settings listed, so that might be useful to people eager to experiment. For example, click on the Pathfinding link in the directory at the top to get a list of all settings and their default values related to the game's pathfinding algorithm.
NO this is the massive 1400+ line INI file you get if you "saveini" in the console. Been using this INI since week one. When you try this, and have the red logo(i guarentee) or cant find the file , check the 2 links that are in my SIG....lol
Ok, thanks for clearing it up.
Julie Ann

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:20 am

@ Arisu....this would be the Same INI you get "SAVEINI " right?

Any way they (bethesda) gave us 2 new settings with the "Beta" 1.4.15.0.4 and they are...

fDecapInitialSpeed=250.0000
bEnableLipLookup=1

Any Idea here.....I like the top one....lol These 2 lines were the only changes from 1.3 to 1.4 . I always "saveINI" for every patch and compare....lol
Kelsey Hall

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Yeah, it should be mostly the same. It's just meant as a reference that contains the system-independent defaults and which settings are dead because they aren't referenced in the game, so they don't need to be bothered with. I've generated that list a few weeks ago but thought it might be useful to others, so I've wrapped it into a HTML document and here it is :)
Sakura Haruno

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Some that you list as unused are not unused at all.

fLookGraphX1
fLookGraphX2
fLookGraphX3
fLookGraphX4
fLookGraphY1
fLookGraphY2
fLookGraphY3
fLookGraphY4
fMoveGraphX1
fMoveGraphX2
fMoveGraphX3
fMoveGraphY1
fMoveGraphY2
fMoveGraphY3

These are the ramps for 360 compatible gamepad joysticks. One for movement and one for look.
X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 4:23 am

Damn, none that seem to give a good control over how the UI on a whole is displayed on screen :( See with triple screen the UI is super-stretched horizontally without any concern for vertical over-flow, end result is it looks like ass on a triple screen without HayDen's fix (and unplayably like ass, since alot of menus' contents over-run above and below the view), which unfortunately hasn't been updated to work with the Beta build.
Cameron Garrod

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Some that you list as unused are not unused at all.

The reference counts were collected by statical anolysis of the places where these values are stored in memory. I guess they're stored in a table and only that has the reference, but I don't have a 360 controller, so that'd be hard to find out here. Sorry about that inaccuracy, it's just a best-effort result I guess.

Damn, none that seem to give a good control over how the UI on a whole is displayed on screen :( See with triple screen the UI is super-stretched horizontally without any concern for vertical over-flow, end result is it looks like ass on a triple screen without HayDen's fix (and unplayably like ass, since alot of menus' contents over-run above and below the view), which unfortunately hasn't been updated to work with the Beta build.

There are actually a lot more settings than the .ini allows to set (about 5000 in total), but unfortunately, there seems to be no way to alter them except by patching the memory and none of them seem to be useful to help with the multiple screen problems either. Next time I have some time for productivity, I'll see if I can port HayDen's solution to the new patch and maybe make it more resilient to future updates by SnD patching or call graph matching if it hasn't updated by then.
Dustin Brown

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:32 am

There are actually a lot more settings than the .ini allows to set (about 5000 in total), but unfortunately, there seems to be no way to alter them except by patching the memory and none of them seem to be useful to help with the multiple screen problems either. Next time I have some time for productivity, I'll see if I can port HayDen's solution to the new patch and maybe make it more resilient to future updates by SnD patching or call graph matching if it hasn't updated by then.

Me love you loooong time if you manage to pull that off :)
Kitana Lucas

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 3:34 am

Yes, very interested in this.
Elisabete Gaspar

Return to V - Skyrim