If AutoMatron is our ideal $10 DLC I'm nervous....

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:17 pm

Flogged to death even?

Customisable robots is the coolest. Short extra quest line but jeez it's not like I already don't have a hundred quests on the go and so many other projects too. Inbetween building settlements, collecting guns/armour to ugrade and give to settlers, getting a piece of damn PIE and real life Im struggling to find time to fit anything else in! $10 for what could be extra hours of building and customising robots, finding components to build them etc I'm personally pretty happy with what I got for $10 ??????
DeeD

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:37 pm

You have a lot of expectations for $10. Don't know if your 12 or something and it took 3/4 of your allowance to buy, but in the adualt world ten bucks isn't much, and certainly doesn't buy much. Especially entertainment wise.
Charlotte Lloyd-Jones

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Why is that anyone who associates/identifies with the Enclave hates Fallout 4?

I mean, the BoS are pretty much their replacements in FO4.

Andrew Perry

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:49 pm

I believe the good sir SuaveCrouton is the exception to that statement :)
m Gardner

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:31 pm

It's probably part of the recent trend of "I have to pay how much for something game related?! HOW HORRIBLE!" indies have been getting it a LOT over the years so I'm not surprised an actual dlc with actual content is getting it, especially if they felt the length of said item was too short for the price, christ it's getting real annoying.
Marine x

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:07 pm

What makes a crouton suave?

Does it wear a cravatte or something?

Louise Andrew

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:14 pm

I don't know, maybe we should ask him?
Marie Maillos

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:19 pm

That's a pretty immature statement.$10 used to buy a lot back then. If you'll old enough to realize we had many $10 DLC that offer double if not triple the content of this for $10.

Krystina Proietti

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:40 am

There is this lovely thing called inflation and hungry employees.
Caroline flitcroft

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:59 pm

Sorry, I don't fraternise with savoury food products. Especially not ones who masquerade as a gentleman!

Natalie J Webster

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:20 am

Yet Witcher 3 is throwing out quality content and a nice afford rate.

Hungry employees. I believe you mean hungry employers.

Kari Depp

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:48 am

Here we go comparing a post apocalyptic game with a fantasy game that just recently started getting good reviews.
Cedric Pearson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:16 pm

Yes, it's a bit shorter, story-wise, than the FO3 $10 DLC. Of course, those were 8 years ago. Comparing to Skyrim, it's more content than Hearthfire ($5) and less than the "big" DLC's ($20 each).

And yeah, there's the issue of not being interested in the provided content, not that this makes it "not content". If someone isn't interested in the customization/building features of FO4 (robots, weapons, settlements, etc), then I could see it being a bit disappointing. (Also, they should probably avoid the "more settlement building!" DLC)

Regardless, not sure what an "ideal" $10 DLC is. Likely, there isn't any such thing - each person has a different balance of things they care about, so it's hard for any DLC to be "ideal" for everyone. :shrug:

edit: heck, even the five FO3 DLC, even though they were each $10, had quite different amounts & types of "content". Which one of those would you label as "ideal"?

Albert Wesker

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:42 pm

Are you kidding? No mod can give the level and stability of Robot Customization that Automatron gave us.

No, it means that they sold apples while you wanted oranges.

They sold a robot customization DLC and the Robot Customization DLC is mighty fine, with some bonuses like new quests and such.

Automatron was not advertised as an orange, it was not meant to be an orange, it was not sold as an orange and you did not buy an orange. Yet somehow you thought you'd be buying an apple.

And no, it being an apple does not make it bad. It just makes it an orange, aka something that other people will like.

kat no x

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:05 am

Bethesda was totally upfront in their marketing that this was a robot crafting add on with a "short" quest that provided a backdrop for it. They delivered this, as well as added substantially more variety to the enemies list, which was greatly needed IMO.

Understand that many would like more meat in the sandwich, but that's just going to take a little more time in putting it all together. It's coming. In May. Patience counseled...

Donatus Uwasomba

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:34 pm

This is what makes me nervous about future DLC. Are we turning this game into a minecraft post apocalyptic game? I understand people love the building aspect of this game but can we go back to some story driven content during and after Far Harbor?

Abi Emily

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:43 am

Yes because Minecraft is the only game ever to have buildable towns, minecraft is the only game ever to have crafting systems, minecraft is the only game ever to require a player to get resources to build stuff. But oh wait it's actually not, Minecraft didn't even invent those systems or make them revolutionary. This is a bullcrap arguing point, it's not being turned into "minecraft" and automatron isn't any indication of this. Seriously, if you can't come up with a good arguing point to push your already bad points then simply say "well I guess we have different tastes" again, Automatron added in a LOT of good content, it added in interesting ideas that yes! can in fact be used for future games, stop making faux arguing points that anyone can see are wrong in an instant.
Maria Garcia

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:56 pm

The problem with this argument is that Bethesda clearly advertised what Automatron would be, meaning that those without the season pass (and thus those who paid $10 for it directly) should really have known what they were buying and whether it would improve their experience of FO4 or not. And that's the crux of it really - for those who like customisation, building and robots this DLC is definitely worth $10, but for those who prefer questing only it obviously isn't worth the money.

Me personally, I bought the season pass for £23 two months ago. Automatron has therefore cost me roughly £5, which I'm more than happy with. I suppose I'm wondering why more people didn't take the opportunity to buy the season pass for cheap, and are now complaining that DLCs are too expensive?

Channing

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:02 pm

I'm asuming Far Harbor and other larger DLCs will be the story driven games, but you shouldn't really expect a great deal of lore style content from a customisable robot DLC or Wasteland Workshop or whatever. Just read the reviews and decide which DLC you think is worth it. If you got the season pass then I've no sympathy whatsoever, you're paying for something you know nothing about and Bethesda and any other games company will laugh all the way to the bank at anyone who's foolish enough to buy a pass and then complain it's not what they wanted.

Jack Moves

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:27 pm

The DLC has plenty of content, but not all of it takes you by the nose and leads you from A to B, doing all the work for you. I'm sure those who are creative and adept at making their own stories are thrilled with their new toys. Others, who prefer to be as passive as possible while their machines do all the heavy lifting to entertain them are probably disappointed.

JD FROM HELL

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:55 am

Considering that Bethesda hasn't announced any features for Far Harbor and it is supposed to be the biggest landmass Bethesda ever made, multiple factions quests, and other things that are common with previous Fallout DLC, then Far Harbor will contain the most story driven content of any Fallout DLC so far. As to what will be contained in the next DLC wave is something that we will have to wait for. There will be at least another story driven DLC, but whether there are more feature DLC remains to be seen. A Subnautica-style (underwater settlements) DLC or flying settlements could be a possibility, but there are not many ideas for future feature DLC.

Jonathan Windmon

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:28 am

More like head-scratching. Season Passes, for all games, are for fans who decided that they want to buy everything rather than just stuff that is to their tastes. Also, nothing stopped people for waiting for the DLC to be announced before buying the pass.

Lyd

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:13 pm

Minecraft wasn't the first to make it but the first to make it as mainstream as it is today. All these settlements took away chances of having more interesting real settlements.

Automatron added good parts only if your into the Customization part of this game. It has no real substance outside of that. The majority of people going to enjoy this are those that will use these as settlement defenses and those who like using companions.

Michelle Chau

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:27 am

Nothing stop them? How about a price increase?

Eileen Collinson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:21 pm

I agree, I feel cheated by Bethesda. It's so unfair that they promised me the ability to build my own robots for ten dollars. I decide to get the season pass and what do they give me!? How dare they give me an extra story, more companions, new weapons, and new armor. Spending $10 on that was the worst decision of my life. I'm going to go write an angry, weirdly worded thread right now.

claire ley

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4