[WIPz] Bounty Quest mod

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Yes, I'm working on a mod! My very first, completely original, mod, and I need you help.

I'm making a series of quests - 20 in each city - where you get bounties to hunt down NPCs and monsters or find items for a reward. The NPC part is easy, but I need some ideas for unique monsters and items (especially items). Anything goes, as long as a) it's lore-friendly; and B) I have the models to do it (meaning: modders' resources are fair game, as is SI). Don't worry about backstory or where they're placed - I can handle that. Oh, and items can be part of a set - they don't have to be singular. Monsters can also be in a group - I plan to include a pack of wolves (speaking of, does anyone know where I can find a white wolf resource?).

Some examples of items I've already included: a signet ring, an Ayleid potion (resource), an old book (Lady N's paper goods), an ancient Akaviri katana, a set of Daedric statues (resource), a Nordic shield, some Ayleid dishes (Meo's clutter)

Some new creatures: I've borrowed the ones from the Loreless Creature Pack, along with a shark and a special imp.

Needless to say, if I use your idea, you'll get contributor credits.

FABIAN RUIZ

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:59 pm

High-tier armour and weapons needed? If so, you may use stuff from my bluish mods (recolored daedric and glass), but these may not be considered by some to be super lore friendly I guess.

Gemma Flanagan

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Awesome idea, I sure am glad to see someone making new quests for this game.

- creature companion/s( we can never get enough of those). Make it a choice, kill it or keep it. I'm thinking about that white wolf idea of yours. A farmer asks for help when his sheep start missing. You go on a hunt and find this mighty beast. Tame it and make it your pet, or kill it and get your money.

- magic backpack with 500 carry weight, but slows you down (drain speed effect)

- hunt for ancient treasure. Be it ayleid or something else. Place a chest full of septims (2 to 5k should suffice). You could also make it ayleid coins for diversity.

- kidnapped by bandits( goes without saying)

- cursed ring/amulet/piece of equipment of "insert what ever here" - find and destroy --> money reward

- mask/hood of anonymous -> remove bounty while wearing it. Good alternative to thieves guild

- ring of the giant - not sure if possible. Turns player into a giant. Side effects include lack of magicka, slow movement and intelligence drain, but ye also get big health/strength and hand to hand boost

- blade of unlucky khajiit. Very low chance to hit anything, but instant kill when it does

- also throw a horse in there as a reward for some quest. Nothing fancy, something similar to the Old Nag, for low levels.

- recover the full set of "insert name here" hero/ayleid king/etc. Done by completing multiple quests ( different towns)

- sword of the poor. Increased damage when you're low on septims.

- also items that are race specific would be nice. For example "shield of the nords" will add extra bonuses for nords only. Bosmer's Bow will have increased damage/effects when used by bosmers etc. ( not sure if possible )

- talking sword? - also not sure if possible, but would be fun :)))

Cheers and beers, plenty! ;)

jessica sonny

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:36 pm

Turing into a giant may be difficult, by npc to creature transformations can be done, see here

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/31821/?

There's also a good working example provided by this mod, which transforms the player into a zombie http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/33037

Joe Alvarado

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Race-specific items exist; they're in the Jaysus Blades mod, IIRC.

Louise Lowe

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:04 pm

Talking sword is possible: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/22226/?

Good and fun mod.

This idea sounds really good. I'd love to see quests like this. Can I make a suggestion? Please allow the player to accept the quests before they get added to your active quests. (This is to avoid too many active quests at one time).

Is it one NPC in each town who will grant the quests?

Will some of the quests be repeatable?

Some item ideas:

- Minstrel's lute or other instrument (preferably playable so you can become a real bard :D)

- All the items from this mod is free to use and would be much better as individual rewards rather than buying them all from one merchant: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36917/?

- Monster eggs for a special quest: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/38408/?

- Dice : http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/4357/?

- Celtic rings and sword free to use: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/25095/?

- Staff free to use (should probably change name due to lore) : http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/33934/?

NO suckers In Here

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Some kind of quest that gives the akatosh mount as a reward would be cool.

Leticia Hernandez

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:40 pm

There's a bounty notice in each city; you have to activate it to get the quest, and if it turns out to be too hard, you can decline it and get a new one. The quests are one-time only - you can't exactly kill the same person multiple times - but you can only get 15 out of 20 for each city - this was designed so you'd get a random selection each time.

These are cool. Thanks!

The rewards for these quests are just gold, but you'll be able to keep an item you're supposed to recover, insteasd of handing it in (they're not marked as quest items). But, no mounts, sorry.

lilmissparty

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:34 pm

What about multi-store quest, like getting different pages of a book in different cities or locations in order to complete a lost Grimoire?

Daniel Brown

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:44 pm

How about an "escape room" scenario, where you have a limited amount of time to solve a series of complex puzzles in a series of chambers. If you succeed you get a reward. If you fail - bad things happen.
Nicole M

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:23 pm

Good idea, but KDQ already did it.

Another good idea, but outside the scope of what I want to do, and I'm no good at designing puzzles anyway.

Mark

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:20 pm

I have KDQ in my next load order and you telling me that just made my day. I love that kind of quest.

Anyway if completing a book is already done, here are more examples of wandering multi-staged quests: Assembling the pieces of a legendary armor. You only get the special armor perk once all the pieces are recovered. Fragments of a treasure map or an ancient chronicle: you need all the pieces to find out the location of some lost ruin. And special ingredients from unique creatures. Once you've collected them all, you can brew a potion that grants you a permanent bonus.

Justin Bywater

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:08 am

True, that. Each bounty quest is keyed to a specific dungeon, but I do have some where you have to gather several items (or a set) in that dungeon. OOO does the armor set thing: there's a quest to gather up all the pieces a knight hid in various dungeons (but I'm considering using gep's blue glass, just 'cause). I like the potion idea, though.

Katy Hogben

Return to IV - Oblivion