Brand new to FO3 and G.E.C.K.

Post » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:23 am

I just started playing FO3 a few days ago, so know nothing about the game yet. I recently discovered the G.E.C.K. wikia website, and am amazed/overjoyed that something like this exists :) .

Can anyone tell me of any major changes or patches/updates I should be aware of before I start downloading and using the G.E.C.K. software? I realize FO3 is an old game, and most of the stickied posts at the top of this G.E.C.K. section of the forums are dated over 4-5 years ago. I didn't want to start downloading/installing the G.E.C.K. and trying to use it, only to find out the hard way it no longer works and/or is not supported/updated any more...if that makes sense (I just woke up and am still getting the AM coffee in me).

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Rachael

Post » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:18 am

I moved ahead, and downloaded the basic G.E.C.K. software/program...and there is a separate download for Patch 1.5 for the G.E.C.K. program -- when I tried to download it my Antivirus Software (McAfee) went off and stopped it...is there a known issue with the current 1.5 Patch? I have the basic program downloaded, but not the 1.5 Patch, until I can find out if someone has corrupted it or not?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Beth Belcher

Post » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:09 am

As long as your getting the update from here http://geck.gamesas.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

You should be fine ... yes some anti-virus software gets a bit testy with Fallout related items ... especially from the Nexus. But I'm fairly certain you can trust all their content.

herrade

Return to Fallout 3