Can't find CD Key for Disc bought PC Skyrim Game

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 10:28 am

Hi guys,

I received a new Skyrim game for xmas and I signed up for steam and it started the install and when it asked for a "Product Code" (cd key) I couldn't find it anywhere in the sleeve or on the cd itself. the guys at play n trade told me its on the back of the instruction manual but I couldnt find it. My daughter took it back to the store and they couldnt find it either. Can someone confirm where the cd key is located and maybe put up a picture for a visual. blur ot the actual code if you post a pic.

Thanx

"Z"
Taylor Thompson

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:50 am

AFAIK these are the places it might be:

- On the disc itself
- Back of instruction manual
- Inside the instruction manual (1st page or last page)
- Separate card

I've heard a report of at least one other person who had a game with no key, so if you can't find AND the store can't find it, then the store should exchange it for you.

Edit: Here's the only mention I could find, from the Collector's Edition --
I bought Retail "Collector Edition" and the CD-Key is on a white sticker. The flip open holder for the 2 DVD's and the map, has the sticker on the left side near the bottom. the Side with the Map.
Source: http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1317079-where-is-my-product-key-located/page__p__19803216__fromsearch__1#entry19803216
Kat Lehmann

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 5:57 am

AFAIK these are the places it might be:

- On the disc itself
- Back of instruction manual
- Inside the instruction manual (1st page or last page)
- Separate card

I've heard a report of at least one other person who had a game with no key, so if you can't find AND the store can't find it, then the store should exchange it for you.

Edit: Here's the only mention I could find, from the Collector's Edition --

Source: http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1317079-where-is-my-product-key-located/page__p__19803216__fromsearch__1#entry19803216

The store has already given us back the money but I would like to get a new copy. Before I run out and buy a new copy of the game I would love to know where the key is located. I checked all the location you mentioned by the way :) thanx for your post.

If anyone has a picture of it or can describe where it is and what it looks like in detail, please post here.

"Z"
DeeD

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 10:17 pm

I can tell you where my game key is In my copy of Skyrim.

(After opening the plastic PC DVD case)

Below the DVD (on the right hand side) there is a white sticker stuck to the inside of the case.

The key is 17 characters long, including two dashes seperating 3 blocks of 5 characters each.

example

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

There is nothing else on the white sticker, just the key printed in black ink.

Hope that helps.
Karen anwyn Green

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:41 pm

I can tell you where my game key is In my copy of Skyrim.

(After opening the plastic PC DVD case)

Below the DVD (on the right hand side) there is a white sticker stuck to the inside of the case.

The key is 17 characters long, including two dashes seperating 3 blocks of 5 characters each.

example

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

There is nothing else on the white sticker, just the key printed in black ink.

Hope that helps.
It should say this:

STEAM KEY CODE:
#####-#####-#####
SKYRIM-PC
jeremey wisor

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 pm

I suggest you just buy it and download it from the Steam site. That is of course unless you can get it at a better price someplace else.
Meghan Terry

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Yeah, it was 33% on Steam yesterday and should be 33% or more off again.
Chantel Hopkin

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Awesome, thanx all. you have been a big help. took it back to the store and they couldnt find it either so they refunded us our money. I will try the steam site :)

Cheers,

"Z"
Jack Walker

Return to V - Skyrim