I can't start Morrowind

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:08 pm

When I downloaded MGE, and tried to use it, I couldn't. Now Morrowind won't start. When I try to start it I get the message " This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I don't know if MGE when I unzipped it into my Morrowind folder and started it screwed something up. I also downloaded some files that required MGE.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in Advance,

Galadriel
Carys

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:33 am

Uninstall MGE

Reinstall, but this time. Go to 'My Computer' and Open the disk in a new window, right click the auto play and run as administrator.

Next step, patch both tribunal and bloodmoon. Now install MGE
A Lo RIkIton'ton

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:50 pm

When I downloaded MGE, and tried to use it, I couldn't. Now Morrowind won't start. When I try to start it I get the message " This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I don't know if MGE when I unzipped it into my Morrowind folder and started it screwed something up. I also downloaded some files that required MGE.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks in Advance,

Galadriel

Did you even read the readme file for MGE (and the website). This program requires an updated version of the DirectX 9.0c Runtime. Upgrade your DirectX 9.0c here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en
Pat RiMsey

Return to III - Morrowind