i cant buy house solitude

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 8:32 pm

First off i know how to buy a house so don't say i'm doing it wrong, i have done all that you have to do to get a house, but when i talk to the guy I don't have the option to buy a house, please fix this i have 81k gold and i'm living like a BUM.
Farrah Barry

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 7:33 pm

If its any consolation I cant buy the houses in Markarth or Windhelm. It seems to make a difference if you have finished the Civil war quest. Jarls change then, however it seems that I cannot buy the house in Windhelm as a result of that, not sure if its a bug or not.
Baby K(:

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 1:58 pm

First off i know how to buy a house so don't say i'm doing it wrong, i have done all that you have to do to get a house, but when i talk to the guy I don't have the option to buy a house, please fix this i have 81k gold and i'm living like a BUM.
You're doing it wrong.
Davorah Katz

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Sorry I just couldn't resist.
SUck MYdIck

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 12:59 pm

If its any consolation I cant buy the houses in Markarth or Windhelm. It seems to make a difference if you have finished the Civil war quest. Jarls change then, however it seems that I cannot buy the house in Windhelm as a result of that, not sure if its a bug or not.
For the record in Windhelm you need to side with Ulfric in the war and take Whiterun and Falkreath in the civil war quests before he lets you have the house there. That or you need to take Windhelm for the Empire.
JaNnatul Naimah

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 9:46 am

For the record in Windhelm you need to side with Ulfric in the war and take Whiterun and Falkreath in the civil war quests before he lets you have the house there. That or you need to take Windhelm for the Empire.

You seem to have half grasped what I'm saying. I have completed the Civil War quest. Hence I know the Jarls have changed, So an imperialist Jarl is on the throne. however the house remains unavailable. I assumed that it was because I sided with the empire that the option was locked off, however I have heard anecdotal evidence that you can buy it regardless. So I have to conclude it is a bug.

As for Markarth... I cant go near the Jarl without having to put everyone down due to the bug following on from the Foresworn quest... which I is hard to believe is still not fixed.
Kristina Campbell

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 4:36 am

Not sure on this one, I have only seen the issue with the Windhelm House and siding with the empire, I was unable to get Blood on the Ice to start once I completed the Leigon Quest Line. The guy just keeps saying the house in not available. I had no issue buying the Solitude house.
Danny Warner

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 4:50 am

What level are you? I recall I couldnt access the option to buy the house in solitude for some time, then I was able after completing all the local quests and levelling up. It may just be an issue of you reaching a certain level and the option unlocking.

Not sure on this one, I have only seen the issue with the Windhelm House and siding with the empire, I was unable to get Blood on the Ice to start once I completed the Leigon Quest Line. The guy just keeps saying the house in not available. I had no issue buying the Solitude house.

That's exactly whats going on with me, Ive been running around doing the hold bounty quests for windhelm in the hope it unlocks but apparently "there was some unpleasantness there".
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Return to V - Skyrim