Crash after intro cutscene

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:40 am

Soooooooooo I know this is probably a very well known problem, and there are fixes for it, but none of the methods I have tried works.

Here is my problem,

After installing the game Via disk and steam, I start a new game, and after watching the cutscene at the beginning, the loading screen with the roulette table appears, and then it crashes, to be specific, the game 'stops working' and I am forced to close it.

My PC specs:

Windows 7 OS

2 Processor intel Core i7

4492 MB of memory 1600MHz DDR3

NVIDEA GeFORCE GT 650M 1024MB

and more than enough storage

Solutions that I have tried:

1. Bought the game on steam, the ultimate edition, still doesn't work.

2. Checked for data integrity on steam, still doesn't work.

3. Tried the game on Windows XP, doesn't work.

4. Downloaded and installed d3d9.dll, doesn't work

5. Disabled all DLC, doesn't work.

6. Used the FNVEdit to check for any missing files, nothing is missing, still doesn't work.

7. Reinstalled/repared DirectX, still doesn't work.

So basically I bought a game twice for no reason, both of which always crash after intro cutscene and I'm pretty annoyed....

Would be appreciated if you guys know any other fixes for this problem that can help, thanks!!!!

Olga Xx

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:56 am

The cutscenes are 2D, where the game is 3D. The problem is, your CPU based graphics are starting the game, which can handle 2D, but is not switching to the 3D card for the actual game itself.

Now, you have to figure out how to tell your system to use the 3D card for this game. You can do this in the Nvidia Control Panel to force the game to the 3D. You may also have to go into power options for the laptop and tell that under no circumstances is it to use the 2D card when say, plugged into an outlet. Sometimes it helps to incant some voodoo chants while doing this. The thing to check will not be marked "check this box for happiness" It will probably say something entirely different than what you are thinking you need. Anyway, it is probably a combo of things that you have to set to tell the game to ignore the CPU graphics.

Ria dell

Return to Fallout: New Vegas