I demand a refund

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 7:26 pm

I have always bought your game's, despite them never being a example of a tripple A professional quality game,
bug ridden the fun and immersion is what always kept me playing through. How ever this game is not fit for purpose
you have sold us a untested game which is damaging my ps3, It has now frozen my ps3 over 15 time's since your
latest "fix" and i have also just spent the past 15 minuets waiting for a load screen to end which never happened so i
once again have had to shut down the ps3. Your game has already caused some thing on my hard drive of the ps3 to
become corrupt which i have never in my entire time as a ps3 owner had happen not once.

You have sold us a game which is fundamentally broken you have deceived the customer base into buying a product
which you lead us to believe was in working condition by not sending out ps3 review copys and instead only allow
the xbox version to be reviewed. As a company i find your ethics disgusting and i find the way you treat these issues
to be slow and non responsive to the customer.

I have spent 55 euro on your product which does not work,Due to the game breaking issues performance issues
and hardware issues your game is causing you should offer full refunds as this game was a day one purchase for myself
and other's and as we have patiently waited for you to fix your broken game, stores are no longer giving out refunds.
No longer am i able to get any enjoyment form you game as all of the above issues have ruined any experience I might
have, Bethesda i demand a full refund.
Cedric Pearson

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 11:38 pm

You did not buy your game from Bethesda, demand a refund from the shop you purchased it from, that is what they exist for.
The stores have no choice about refunds of a defective product, they can protest just like you can, you have to out protest them or use the law.
Hearts

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 3:59 pm

I have always bought your game's, despite them never being a example of a tripple A professional quality game,
bug ridden the fun and immersion is what always kept me playing through. How ever this game is not fit for purpose
you have sold us a untested game which is damaging my ps3, It has now frozen my ps3 over 15 time's since your
latest "fix" and i have also just spent the past 15 minuets waiting for a load screen to end which never happened so i
once again have had to shut down the ps3. Your game has already cause some thing on my hard drive of the ps3 to
become corrupt which i have never in my entire time as a ps3 owner had happen not once.

You have sold us a game which is fundamentally broken you have deceived the customer base into buying a product
which you lead us to believe was in working condition by not sending out ps3 review copys and instead only allow
the xbox version to be reviewed. As a company i find your ethics disgusting and i find the way you treat these issues
to be slow and non responsive to the customer.

I have spent 55 euro on your product which does not work,Due to the game breaking issues performance issues
and hardware issues your game is causing you should offer full refunds as this game was a day one purchase for myself
and other's and as we have patiently waited for you to fix your broken game, stores are no longer giving out refunds.
No longer am i able to get any enjoyment form you game as all of the above issues have ruined any experience I might
have, Bethesda i demand a full refund.
Just so it is clear that your not the only one feeling this way I second that
meg knight

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Mine technically works, but all pleasure has been stripped away due to constant freezing and lock-ups. Furthermore, the only way to deal with it is a hard reset of the system, which is not good. As a longtime fan of the series and other Bethesda products, I'm hoping that the company can patch this soon, because I'm about to start frothing at the mouth demanding refunds, or at least the ability to mail my PS3 copy back and get a 360 or PC copy in exchange.

And I don't think returning my disc to the shop where I purchased the game is a solution. The disc is fine - its the program on the disc that is faulty.
Taylor Tifany

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 2:03 pm

You and a million other consumers, buddy. Beyond a couple hundred Bethesda f*a*n*b*o*y*s ™ who got the game paid by their parents and who act as defenders for Bethesda out of sheer technical smugness and overall geekiness - most people who actually PAID for it would like to see a refund. It is going to happen sooner or later. All we have to do is keep spreading the word and holding Bethesda accountable. By the way: all game magazines who gave the game 90% plus while claiming to have thoroughly tested it, shoud not be spared our criticism. Apparently the game-reviewers haven't done their job either. They may have been to busy schmoozing with Bethesda, who most likely paid for all of their drinks, hotel rooms and other fun stuff... Cheers!
Riky Carrasco

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Mine technically works, but all pleasure has been stripped away due to constant freezing and lock-ups. Furthermore, the only way to deal with it is a hard reset of the system, which is not good. As a longtime fan of the series and other Bethesda products, I'm hoping that the company can patch this soon, because I'm about to start frothing at the mouth demanding refunds, or at least the ability to mail my PS3 copy back and get a 360 or PC copy in exchange.

And I don't think returning my disc to the shop where I purchased the game is a solution. The disc is fine - its the program on the disc that is faulty.

You didn't purchase a disc from the shop, other wise it would have cost a few pence. You purchased a piece of software, even if you purchased a digital download in no physical form you should still claim a full refund from the retailer.

sigh....
Euan

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 1:01 pm

You did not buy your game from Bethesda, demand a refund from the shop you purchased it from, that is what they exist for.
The stores have no choice about refunds of a defective product, they can protest just like you can, you have to out protest them or use the law.

Tried to get a refund from GameStop a couple times. Both times they refused. In order to get my $63 back, I'd have to hire a lawyer. That = more than $63 :l
Julie Serebrekoff

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Tried to get a refund from GameStop a couple times. Both times they refused. In order to get my $63 back, I'd have to hire a lawyer. That = more than $63 :l
Why not file a complaint to the Better Business Bureau?
Auguste Bartholdi

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Surely not.
In the UK i believe it costs £30 to go to small claims court. And you would claim that back from the retailer.
You don't need any legal aid. (as it happens that can also be free in UK)
All you need is a statement of your experiences. Some online evidence would just be a bonus.

Anyway, it wouldn't go to court. A serious complaint to the retail management and written notice of intent to begin legal action would get you the refund at no cost to you at all if you used email, or otherwise just the cost of a stamp, a sheet of paper/envelope and some pen ink....

Just do something to get your money back.
Jake Easom

Post » Fri May 18, 2012 1:46 am

I tried to get a refund as well. They wouldn't do anything for me either. I at least would like another version that actually works, like PC.
Spencey!

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 7:24 pm

They won't give me a refund since I got the collector's edition and it was opened. :/
Alex Vincent

Post » Thu May 17, 2012 6:35 pm

Just a heads up, I Went to EB Games today, And demanded a refund. As per usual, They refused. I then continued my rant, "You promoted the game, and informed me it was in working order. Your job as a company is to ensure the products you sell are not faulty, As a result of your companies failure to do this I demand a refund!" after about a 30 min rant going in circles around this base argument, they finally buckled and gave me an "In store credit" of the $69.98 CAN that I spent on the game. Admitadly that is not the cash outcome I was hoping for, but it is just as good for me, as I plan to continue to shop there in the future.
Crystal Birch

Post » Fri May 18, 2012 12:47 am

I tried to get a refund as well. They wouldn't do anything for me either. I at least would like another version that actually works, like PC.
Apart from the advice I gave above, if you don't mind the attention make a fuss in the store and ask to speak to the person in charge. Explain the situation as you have been sold a defective product.
If you paid by card call your bank and say the payment was a criminal charge of sorts ie fraud, and say there is a dispute over the payment, they may have polices to recover the money for you.
Make the retailer aware that you believe they are committing fraud by selling a defective product if they are insisting there is nothing wrong with it.
It's a bit dramatic but I would expect a proper formal complaint to work in the first place.
Tom

Post » Fri May 18, 2012 2:00 am

Why not file a complaint to the Better Business Bureau?

Sadly, Bugthesda doesn't care about BBB ratings, which is why they have and F rating, with, last time I checked, 30+ claims filed against them since the late 90's, and have responded to BBB ZERO times.
X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Fri May 18, 2012 12:19 am

Refunds are not given on the forum. I suggest you contact your retailer. Your refund comes from the retailer and their refund comes from Bethesda. That's how it works. Sorry.
Colton Idonthavealastna

Return to V - Skyrim