A DLC for the DLC

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:15 pm

What if there was a DLC for the DLC? Like an add on for the add on? Could that be a thing? The Vault Dweller could team up with The Mechanist to take on Dr Mobius who has come to the commonwealth as a giant Robobrain Roboscorpion monster.

adam holden

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:22 am

I think a lot of people would consider that a patch.
Kat Stewart

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:33 am

the world would explode.

no

Toby Green

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:51 pm

no because then if they charged more than $1 our forums would again be littered with whiners!
Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:50 am

Better cost less than $10.

dav

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:21 pm

This, they paid thousands of dollars for a gaming PC or hundreds for consoles but then don't have some chum change for the DLC?

Mike Plumley

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:44 pm

The counter to that argument would be that the publishers make millions to billions of dollars on games and franchises, but still feel the need to nickle and dime consumers for content that could have possibly been included in the base game...

I don't think that's the case for this game, but we all know that practice of cutting out pieces of the game and re-selling it as paid DLC exists.

Brιonα Renae

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:05 pm

There is a different between contents being created post launch vs content created pre launch but cut out like Easy Fatality from Mortal Kombat. If it's new content that created post launch then it's basically end up being like a "new game" for few dollars, whether you decide to buy that new game is up to you, but if no one buy those "new games" then it's the best way to combat developers' greed. It's supply and demand, if no one buys that particular product, they won't do that again.

NIloufar Emporio

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:16 am

A DLC for a DLC.. wouldn`t be such a good idea because it`s just too limiting for both game and audiences.

I don`t think Bethesda will ever work on things mentioned in the original post... because it`s work for them and they would like to work on better things.

...However, we do deserve some free DLC for a dlc... which is called patch, update and customer support. lol

Ross Thomas

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:21 am

More templates and parts for the automotrons available later would be fun.

Matt Terry

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:50 am

Well you're not really thinking too hard about things are you... or do you really think that because someone has a computer that can play games they should be able to spend $30 on random stuff every month? I've seen some of your posts and thought you were pretty logical but this is far from it. Idk if you're just joking with the other guy but that comment is a joke even if it wasn't intended to be one. A couple reasons as to why that statement is a joke is that some people got pcs as gifts and some people share high end pcs. There are plenty more reasons but I'm not going give every reason especially when I feel I've just found another troll.

Also to people who ask for more dlcs I ask why even have dlcs and not just a slightly longer wait for just one game with more content?

Danel

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:09 pm

Yo, I heard you like dlc, so I put some dlc, in your dlc!
Vivien

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:22 pm

dl dat c. It's a patch what you're talking about, really. Although I can see the distinction you're trying to make, a patch fixes borked features hence "patch".

Bones47

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:51 am

My sentiments exactly... The Mass Effect 3 fiasco about DLC being included on disc, but locked away unless you purchased... EA got blasted for that, rightfully so... And games like Asura's Wrath, where you were forced to buy the ending through DLC? That shows you the greed of some of these corporations... I don't mind buying DLC that they actually put hard work into, but I'm not buying DLC to fill in gaps that were left intentionally for the purpose of selling it to you for extra profit.

But back on topic... I don't think it would be a good idea from a business standpoint to sell a DLC for a DLC. That's a bad business practice... basically what Destiny did with the Taken King expansion. As a developer, you'd have to either bundle the prerequisite DLC with it or give it away at a discount or for free to people with the prerequisite DLC... or risk losing a large chunk of the fanbase.

Destiny wanted to build on their first two expansions with the 3rd expansion(Taken King), but you had to purchase the Taken King as a bundle with the first 2 expansions included, which was awesome for people who didn't own the first two expansion, but was taken as almost a slap in the face to people who purchased the first two expansions since they were basically giving them away for free with the new DLC.

Sunnii Bebiieh

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:01 pm

MORE! Idc haha I got the season pass early so bring on them dlc/patches beth :D

Roanne Bardsley

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:09 pm

I'd honestly buy it, if it's for automatron.

I would also like if each new DLC unlocks stuff for past DLC. For example Wasteland Workshop unlocks some aditional content for those who bought Automatron, and those of us who liked Automatron will feel rewarded for buying Wasteland Worshop.

I am only saying this because I like Automatron a lot, I feel a bit sad knowing I have to wait for the GECK if I want to expand it more.

Etta Hargrave

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Before I begin, take note that my tone is completely neutral.

Okay, so one thing you said bothered me a bit and I just want to address it.

"those of us who liked Automatron will feel rewarded for buying Wasteland Workshop".

Why should be we be "rewarded" for purchasing something? We didn't win anything, we didn't accomplish anything. You buy a product and your "reward" is the product. You see what I am saying? Consumers expect to be rewarded simply for making a purchase these days, and I feel this line of thinking is misguided.

I just don't see why we would deserve a reward for purchasing additional DLC, I mean, you like it... you buy more. You get what you pay for, and that is that.

I understand what you are saying 100% I just disagree with the logic associated with such a thought.

I personally pre-ordered Fallout 4 with the SP, so I am set to get all the DLC at a great price! That is more than enough as a consumer to be happy with my purchase. I loved Automatron and eagerly await the upcoming content, and I agree it would be nice to add some meat to previous features in the new DLC.... but I don't view it in the sense of it being a reward.

Anyway, just my thoughts!

Nicola

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:07 am

Then what word would you use instead if not reward?

Melanie

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:59 pm

I wouldn't use any word, I would just not say anything about it other than "oh cool, they fleshed out X feature".

I don't see a need to label it, or make it feel like I am some how entitled to a reward simply for purchasing more DLC.

In the sense of a purchase, your enjoyment of the product IS the reward, or the product itself could be considered the reward as well.

That is how I view it at least.

Ezekiel Macallister

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:48 pm

I was waiting for someone to say this

Richus Dude

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:23 pm

Then you don't know what I mean. When you spend your money and you think that money was well invested, it makes you feel something. It is not relief, it is not pride; you don't feel lucky either because that's something many others will get as well. So all I can think about is that you feel rewarded because you get something additional that you will like and they didn't even need to give you.

Invasion's

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:33 pm

It was the first thing that came to mind :)
Kortniie Dumont

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:58 pm

No, I know exactly what you mean I just disagree. I disagree with the notion that they should reward you, or that there should be content added in future DLC to enhance past DLCs as a proverbial reward for those buying the new DLC. I based everything I have said thus far off of your exact words.

You suggested that they should spend time on the new DLCs adding to those previously released so you would feel rewarded for purchasing the new stuff, I don't see any reason why they should go back and work on finished content just to reward you. I disagree because it isn't merely you feeling rewarded, it is you actually being rewarded with actual content simply for owning more than one DLC, that is where I disagree with your thoughts.

An example of feeling rewarded without actually BEING rewarded would be fan service. Slipping in little references here and there, or Easter eggs, those are a great example of the player feeling rewarded without being given something extra simply for making a purchase.

The entire Automatron DLC contained a lot of fan service that those who played Fallout 3 can appreciate. I still don't see that as being "rewarded" though, as if you look at the definition of the word... it simply doesn't fit.

You don't deserve additional rewards simply because you own Automatron and then purchase Wasteland Workshop.

So, I know exactly what you mean and what you are saying, I just do not agree with the sentiment. It always boggles my mind when people say "well, you just don't know what I mean" simply because you disagree. I apologize if my initial reply offended you, but this IS a forum and not everyone will share your views.

But if you personally feel rewarded that is great! I just don't think they should add more content to past DLCs as they work on the new ones, (which I am sure you will be able to enter your robots in the arenas that Wasteland Workshop will add.. but that wouldn't take extra work to implement) because I don't feel anyone deserves it, or is entitled to it.

When you make a purchase you are not inherently entitled to perks and rewards, I know today's consumerist culture taught us to think that way... but a purchase is a purchase, strictly business. You get what you paid for and then you move on.

As far as simply feeling rewarded due to something, that is a completely different matter.

Just to clarify this is what you had said,

"I would also like if each new DLC unlocked stuff for past DLCs. For example, Wasteland Workshop unlocks some additional content for those who bought Automatron, and those of us who liked Automatron will feel rewarded for buying Wasteland Workshop."

So you stated that you feel we should be rewarded with exclusive content for purchasing Automatron. Not only that, but you suggest that it should be done with every DLC, which is quite frankly nonsense. That means by this logic you expect a special reward simply for purchasing every single DLC. Not just the "feeling" of being rewarded, but an actual reward.

If you liked Automatron, THAT is you feeling rewarded for purchasing it. Your rewarding feeling for purchasing Wasteland Workshop.. is enjoying it! (if you do) THAT is where the rewarding feeling comes in to play. You connect the feeling with a literal reward just for buying DLC, which once again I disagree with.

Now maybe you didn't word it the way you intended, but I only have what you typed out to go off of.

Tanika O'Connell

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:46 pm

That's a whole wall of text for nothing, friend. The dude said it would be cool if one DLC had content that would only be available if you were to purchase other DLC. He didn't seem overly entitled to anything imo, and semantically, his concept would literally be a reward from the developers for fan loyalty, and that is not a new concept at all. You go to any chain store and they have some sort of loyalty reward program. Even BGS puts stuff in its games and those games' DLC as fan service. This guy wasn't suggesting that he was entitled to anything, all he suggested was that he "would also like if..."

Trish

Return to Fallout 4