Dose the Latest Patch Fix the LVL. 4 MerchantsVendors

Post » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Title says it all. The only LVL 4 Merchants/Vendors I can get to work properly are the Vault Tech Rep. & Anne Hargraves from the Radio Station. Larry & The Scribe & Raylee seem to glitch on me no matter what I do.

sarah simon-rogaume

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:13 am

I haven't had any trouble getting any of them to work for me, but the methodology seems to be so poorly explained, I can see that it is a major problem.

From what I've gotten from reading the many threads on this issue that makes it work for me is that:

1) You must have a highest level store already set up for them to assign to

2) You must not be at maximum settler limit

3) You must have at least two other level 3 vendors already active (I don't think it matters if you already have them assigned to regular settlers)

4) I find that it works more smoothly if one of your other level 3's already in place is a Clinic or a Restaurant.

Currently I have all of them except Larry and they seem to be working fine and there were no issues getting them there.

I hope they make it an easier process or at least explain how it should be done.

Scotties Hottie

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:00 am

The Scribe doesn't show up properly. VT and AH ok. I have the latest official patch. No mods.

Cheers,

-Klevs

lacy lake

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:30 am

No, these issues unfortunately haven't been addressed by the latest patch. The only ones I can get to stay at my settlements are the Vault-Tec Rep, Anne Hargraves, and Trader Rylee. The rest of them will either show up and disappear shortly after being assigned, or they'll just never even show up in the first place.

Trader Rylee is still bugged too. I still get the option to ask her to come work for me, even though she's standing at a vending stand in one of my settlements and has been for a very long time. The Vault-Tec Rep gets stuck in this weird dialog loop. I always have to go through the whole recruiting dialog with him before I can barter. Anne Hargraves seems to have some bugged dialog as well. I was really hoping to see all of these issues fixed with this patch, but hopefully it'll make it into the next one.

kyle pinchen

Post » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:49 pm

that is such a BUMMER!!!

I really wanted these merchants at my Settlement but, [censored] happens I guess.

Crystal Birch

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:10 am

I couldn't agree more. Fixing the buggy level 4 vendors was literally my number 1 hope for fixes in this patch. Admittedly this is much more minor than some of the bugs that they did fix, but I've been lucky enough to not really encounter any of these bigger bugs anyway.

I'm really hoping this gets addressed with the next patch though. I hope they fix some of the broken dialog in Vault 81 too. Holt Combes is supposed to be recruitable as a level 4 trading post vendor, but the dialog with his wife is broken, so you don't get an option to recruit him.

Stacyia

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:38 am

I haven't tried Larry at all, but the Scribe is currently at Covenant for me. Hasn't gone anywhere. I mean, literally. Been standing behind the booth like, forever!

Matthew Warren

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:36 am

ad 1) Clear, but hard to do when you have no idea if or when you will meet one of them (except the Vault-Rep). And - do you know: Should the store be empty (i.e. you build a store, but never assign somebody until you meet one of them) or can a Settler be assigned to the store (he will be reassigned or fired for the level 4 merchant)?

ad 2) Clear, you add a settler after all.

ad 3) Where did you hear this? Who said it? If you have it from a wiki, where did this information originate?

ad 4) Why? What does 'more smoothly' mean? Either it works and the NPC shows up, or he is missing, after you hired him/her. I already managed to assign the Vault-Rep, but he has no special requirements according to the wiki.

And - you forgot to mention, that many of the level 4 merchants have requirements regarding the number of people in the settlement, including connected - via provisioner caravans - settlements. They are quite high, up to 30 settlers, which needs at least two settlements connected.

The problem with all this is, that nothing is documented well. So there are a lot of unfounded rumors and legends and all kinds of bullsh*t, which does not help.

One problem is, that you never can tell if and when you will meet them, and it may be that you *never* see them in game during 100 levels. I met the Scribe - just as I arrived in DC the first time, at level 10 or 11. I have never seen him again, not where I met him and not elsewhere. And none of the other NPCs. Maybe it is so by design, or maybe Beth trust too much in their encounter system. Encounters seem to dry up in a way, after you had around 10-15 different encounters in a place, no new encounters happen there. The Vault-Rep is the only one I know how and where to meet.

The major complaint one can read here and elsewhere is, that the NPCs, after they are met/found in the game can be hired, they agree, and never show up in the settlement. And this is not a problem with your requirements, I think. This is just Beth, who are known for systems and things which do not really work dependable. If a script tells a NPC to go from A to B, it is not sure the NPC will ever arrive at B. Even if B is only 10 meters from A, and there are no obstacles. Just take the time and watch. They do not walk a direct path - often they take detours, and sometimes straight into a wall...

I sometimes wonder how the Beth devs can live and be creative and make enjoyable games with such undependable subsystems. But that may just be me as an engineer...

Phoenix Draven

Post » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Some people have managed to successfully recruit all of them. I've encountered every possible legendary vendor in the game and 'successfully' recruited all of them. They'd say that they were going to the settlement, the settler count would even increase...and they'd either never show up or they'd show up, get assigned, and disappear as soon as I left. The only ones that I can get to stay are Anne Hargraves, Trader Rylee, and the Vault-Tec Rep.

The Scribe showed up at Sanctuary, but disappeared shortly after. Doc Andersen, Smiling Larry, and Ron Staples just never showed up. I've even tried moving all of them to me manually through the console several times, and they just end up disappearing again. It's an annoying bug. I really like the concept of the level 4 vendors, and I really like having named settlers at my main settlements, so I'd love to be able to actually recruit them and have them show up.

Hazel Sian ogden

Return to Fallout 4