Elder Scrolls V: The Movie

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:59 pm

This would be one looooong movie..

Average game = 8 hours.
Average movie = 1.5 hours.
Average expected time for playing Skyrim game = 350 hours (going by most popular vote on that thread).
Expected movie length = 65.625 hours! Or roughly 65 hours and 40 minutes.
Campbell

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:45 am

I can't think of too many successful movies made from games

Yes and many terrible ones too hehe. I don't think it should be a movie but I voted for Christian Bale and Max Von Sydow (I mean seriously, Max Von Sydow is already into the part and Esbern is old)
Georgia Fullalove

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 am

Hayden Christiansen (Anakin Skywalker) is a pretty good actor, and I think he could fit the part.

For Esbern, John Malkovich.
Roisan Sweeney

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Skyrim should not be a movie, but if it was to be a movie I'd want Viggo Mortensen to be Dragonborn, and Max Van Sydow to be Esbern.
Jamie Lee

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:33 am

If this would happen I'd be more concerned about who is the director, not the actors. I think the director should be necessarily an old Tes fan. If this condition is checked, the next one would be to be a damn good director. If this is checked too, he/she will know what to do to make the game justice, casting included. I don't see this happening, though.
Dean Brown

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:42 pm

a movie to and elder scrolls game is a horrible idea
Johanna Van Drunick

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:28 am

I'd love to see a movie based on this. It's been done before and can be done again(see Lord of the Rings and similar book/other to movie translations).

Though it would have to be done right
Laura Mclean

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:30 pm

If this would happen I'd be more concerned about who is the director, not the actors.

Good point. A good director with a big budget can do what Jackson did to Lotr, while an uninspired director with any kind of budget can do...well, what I've seen in pretty much all the movies made from games.
Grace Francis

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:07 am

Nuuuuuu! Dont tie it in with any hollywood rubbish or plastic people. This is an original gem, unlike Hollywoods regurgitated trash~!
In this day and age that is a precious precious commodity.
To do so would be to devalue it forever. Keep it precious! Keep it untainted! Keep it erm,,, real... LMFAO!
I'm tellin ya -> Hollywood doesnt have the gonads to have ANYTHING to do with :tes:
FITTAS

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:38 am

Viggo Mortensen as the PC. I think he was in a little known fantasy film called "The Lord Of The Rings" or something like that... :P
Steve Smith

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:21 pm

None from that list is a good leading actor. The leading actor must be a woman.
sw1ss

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Elder scrolls as a movie... an interesting idea/concept but honestly they won't do this tbh its not a good idea at all its just interesting

A. a game that is made into a movie the movie always is terrible

B. the game play is set to be have more hours then any movie ever could hold as said by dragonborn i believe

Grant it the idea is interesting and it would be entertaining to see how it works but this is never a good idea to make a game a move

the thing is the TES game series is just too epic to put on the big screen. plus the lore would most likly be difficult to handle for the director
Charity Hughes

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:19 am

Dova- Arnold Swartzanaegger (I probably spelled that wrong) Hes like a nord and good at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aLR-8c11ms. also he was Conan.
Esbern- Snydow

Alduin - Christopher Walken
krystal sowten

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:12 am

I can see a little bit of Gladiator in Dova, so I wouldn't disappointed if Russell Crowe played the character.

But in general, I wouldn't mind a TES movie. Anyone who doesn't, don't go see it then :) Problem solved.

I'm well aware that games-to-movies don't exactly have the best track record. Seriously, though, look at the list of movies derived from games. Street Fighter? Mortal Kombat? Super Mario Bros.? Not exactly the best of choices, unless they were trying to exploit name recognition to make a quick buck. Still, the reason they fail is the same as why any movie fails; Poor writing, weak plot, bad acting, low budget? The problem, in my opinion, is that the studios base the movie on the plot of the game. What was the plot of Mortal Kombat again? The plots of most of the games made into movies are shallow at best, and can be fully summarized in a few lines on page 1 of the manual. That leaves quite a bit of artistic license to B-list producers, directors, writers, and/or actors to flesh it out into an actual compelling story. Any wonder why they fail? They were Doomed to fail, pardon the pun.

TES could be a good movie because it already has pre-existing depth. Not just with the stories of the MQ's, but also with the lore that we've only read about. There's a deep resource pool to dip in to. Naturally, it would need some A-listers involved to make it a great movie, but it certainly has potential from the start.

At any rate, there are more on the way, and some of them might finally break through the horrendous stereotype and rival the comic book adaptations, which have seen much success. World of Warcraft will be coming to theaters, allegedly directed by Sam Raimi. Spider Man did halfway decent at the box office, didn't it? That has a shot to break the trend. Another in the works goes by the name of Mass Effect, rumored to be produced by the same people behind Spider Man and The Dark Knight. So that's another that could be big. Halo is also, maybe eventually, going to hit the big screen. Bioshock and Uncharted as well.

I think that there could be some successes in there, mainly because there's allegedly some proven people involved, and those games have depth in story. TES has the ingredients too, so why not?
Sammi Jones

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:33 am

I think there will be fan made story videos about their characters in Skyrim and their adventures. That's as close to a movie as it will get. :)
louise hamilton

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:39 am

A Skyrim Movie would be pretty terrible. The only way an ES Movie would work is if it was cut up into like three parts, focusing on more internal stories in the world, not grand ones. Or, they just did Morrowind. Although I still like the three story idea better. One about a thief, a mage and a warrior. You could even base the plots on in game books. Purloined Shadows for the thief etc. Also the poll is full of terrible 'actors' if thats even what you want to call them.
Robert Jr

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:30 am

Though I doubt Skyrim will be made into a videogame.

:lmao:
Kelsey Anna Farley

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:46 am

George Lucas should write the script, since the actors on this list are terrible or aren't real actors...
Valerie Marie

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:43 am

It would only work if it wasn't Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind or any of the TES games. It'd need to be a story from the lore, from the 1st era or something. Maybe the creation of the Tribunal? I'm sure there are better stories, I'm not a lore-master

and it should be directed by someone of equal or greater talent than Peter Jackson. Or Peter Jackson himself.
Nany Smith

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:02 am

Russell Crowe or Gerard Butler would be a good substitue and Max Von Sydow. Nuff said.
Esther Fernandez

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:00 am

I was just thinking about this the other day. As others have said, it would only work if it wasn't based on any of the games. It's such a rich universe that you could create hundreds of 90 minute movies out of it without even touching the lore or the storylines from the games.

You wouldn't even have to mention in the trailers that it's based on a game.
Olga Xx

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Books->movies always turns out better than games->movies, so if they made an ES movie use the story from the Infernal City.
Marine Arrègle

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:32 am

Robert Pattinson as Dovakhin and Taylor Lautner as Esbern, best seller

(J/k) please dont hurt me
dell

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:43 am

I think it'd be great to have some sort of tie-ins for parts of the story we don't see like the political turmoil after Martin Septim's demise, but as to and actual movie regarding Skyrim it's a dumb idea through and through.
Cccurly

Post » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:29 am

are you that inept at choosing actors for a movie, excluding viggo moretensen and christian bale they all [censored] svck.

Vin Diesel or Nicolas Cage... are you [censored] serious?
Nathan Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim