Followers killing each other

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:41 am

Pretty new to Skyrim (on my first play through) and something weird happened last night. Two of my followers started fighting each other and one ended up dead. I've seen them overreact before, usually when a mage accidentally sets one of them alight, but this started from nothing.

I was in Proudspire Manor messing about trying to put a grand soul gem on a shelf (it's bloody difficult on Xbox One) when I dropped it. Jenassa and the priestess of Azura whose name I forget started arguing about who was going to claim it. Before I could pick it up they were punching each other and then it got serious with swords and magic. Jenassa got the worst of it and died.

Is this normal? I've played 127hrs so far and not seen anything like this. Is it because they're both dark elves? Or do some followers just not get along?

I just reloaded a previous save and ordered Jenassa to stay upstairs (we're married with two kids and I quite like her attitude, so leaving her dead on a cellar floor seemed a bit rough) but do I have to be careful about this happening again? And,if the worst comes to the worst in the future, can I remarry?
lilmissparty

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:46 pm

It's normal behavior, if 2 followers want the same thing. I had Argis and Vorstag fight over a statue of Dibella I was trying to get on a table.

Either leave them at the local Inn or wait til they sleep to move things around and Always save beforehand.
Lucky Boy

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:24 am

It's a world interaction that can occur when you drop something. They're supposed to fight hand-to-hand until one of them is knocked out, but the quest ends too early after combat starts.

Otherwise, followers can't harm each other during combat, but if there's a stray blow after combat ends -- like a fireball or ice storm -- they'll start fighting and can kill each other.
Ashley Tamen

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:04 am

Whoa! This is a surprise for me, really! It neve happened to me in spite of more than a thousand hours of gameplay! Truth is I never tried to drop items in front of 2 followers of mine. Funny.
Brandon Wilson

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:55 am

As many followers as I've had, I'm surprised I haven't seen 2 of them fight over a dropped item yet. I've seen them scrap over hitting each other in combat, and also had random NPCs comment on items that I've dropped on the ground in town. I tend to be careful about dropping items though because in vanilla, dropping an item to the ground can reset some things on certain items and is the only way to remove a soul from a soulgem.

Edit - it's no surprise that Aranea won that fight.. she will 9 out of 10 times. She's one of only two default followers in the whole game that are pure mages, that use at least 4 magic schools on a regular basis, and they pack a lot of versatility and firepower.

loste juliana

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:18 am

Getting my next role play started I had Calder and Argis fight.. http://i.imgur.com/bNYh5Db.jpg...

Princess Johnson

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:14 am

O.K., dumb question here (my specialty in case no one has noticed! :wink_smile: ) how do you get two followers, with a mod? Every follower I've ever had, as soon as you got another, they left!

David Chambers

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:34 pm

No stupid questions... just one's not asked...

In my case http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15524/?.. but even on 360 or ps3 you can get more than one follower, you just have to.. wiggle the right way. AFT allow's for more than 1 follower, I have had up to 6, though you can have more.. to unwieldy for me though.. 6 was too many, but I was moving everyone to a new home.

"Vanilla" you get a follower and then find a "quest-follower" ...Like Farkas will follow you from Dustman's Cairn anywhere ya want to go, so technically you can have him and another follower at the same time.. I prefer to use a "follower mod" though of course you can't 360 and ps3...

I'm still playing SLE, so I don't know all that is avalible SSE specially for consoles...

Penny Wills

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:13 pm

I use AFT and currently have nine followers. I only take two or three at a time on missions though. Tried taking six once to see what would happen and I couldn't get anything done for tripping over them.
Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Return to V - Skyrim