Game freezes when Jumping (GOTY / Win 7)

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:09 am

I recently found at a cheap price and decided to buy Morrowind GOTY for PC.
This is my first time I play this game, and so far it keeps me entertained every single minute I spend playing it.

My problem is: from time to time (like once every 15 minutes), game freezes for about 15 -20 seconds right after I press Jump (usually happens when I'm in the air). It was okayish at first, but it's getting me already.
Also, I would like to mention that I key-binded my Jump action on Alt key (no, I don't press Alt-Tab etc by mistake), because I got used to binding it to many games I've played so far.

I'm new to Morrowind, but not new to PC games, so I did a bit of search whether there are any mods that improve the game. So I installed the game: Morrowind - Tribunal - Bloodmoon.
Then I applied / used the following:

- Created distant land with Morrowind Graphics Extender,
- Applied Morrowind Visual pack,
- Applied Morrowind Unofficial Patch 1.6.3b.
- Applied Better Bodies / Better Heads mods.

In the first place I reinstalled the game without any mods, but after a while the freezing issue got back, so I guess it's not a mod problem.

The game runs as smooth as possibly on my PC: Win 7 Ultimate Edition 64bits, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (with latest drivers), 4 GB RAM.

Any help / hint would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, k.
ladyflames

Return to III - Morrowind