Get back to Oblivion from Shivering Isles?

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 am

I have done the 'door' quest and ended up in Shivering Isles. However, I have not completed quests in original Oblivion yet and would like to do that. If I run back to where I got into Shivering Isles, can I get back into Oblivion and then back to Shivering Isles? Or do I have to get an earlier savegame and first complete my Oblivion quests before once again doing 'the door' quest? Is there a way of fast travelling between the two? I have a house and mount - do I lose all that once going to SI?

I played the original Oblivion many years ago, so when I now started it again (after getting GOTY) I had forgotten most of it but do remember a lot of the quests. But for advancement etc I would really like to re-play original Oblivion.
Eilidh Brian

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:45 am

You can go through the door at your leisure, Shivering Isles to Cyrodiil and Cyrodiil to Shivering Isles - you don't have to save. Nothing should be lost, effected, or requiring you to do anything like complete quests beforehand or get an earlier save file if I understand correctly.
Mandy Muir

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:50 am

As said above, you can freely travel between the two by going through that door. You cannot fast travel between SI and Cyrodiil. Your house and horse and anything you have safely stored in Cyrodiil will be fine while you are in the SI. Unfortunately, you cannot bring your horse with you to SI (without some PC or mod magic). You can bounce between SI and Cyrodiil doing quests as you like. :foodndrink:
Phillip Brunyee

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:24 am

As said above, you can freely travel between the two by going through that door. You cannot fast travel between SI and Cyrodiil. Your house and horse and anything you have safely stored in Cyrodiil will be fine while you are in the SI. Unfortunately, you cannot bring your horse with you to SI (without some PC or mod magic). You can bounce between SI and Cyrodiil doing quests as you like. :foodndrink:

D LOpez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:50 am

Thanks for helpful replies. I played Elder Scrolls a very very long time ago and am glad to notice that the Oblivion 'population' on the forum is still as nice as the Elder Scrolls people were then :)
CHangohh BOyy

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Why would someone want to leave the Shivering Isles?
That place is the most fun/weird/colorful/dark/scary/mad/cool in the world!
jasminĪµ

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 am

As someone once told me, the main quest only focuses on Dagon's plane of Oblivion (and that's not a spoiler. Jauffre tells you who Dagon is when you first meet him).

Sheo's gate isn't affected at all. You can do his quests whenever you dang well please, before or after you do the MQ.
Chrissie Pillinger

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:33 pm

Okay, maybe my memory is failing me, but isn't there a point during the SI main quest when you can't get back ...until you get past that particular point? :shrug:
Ross

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:53 pm

Okay, maybe my memory is failing me, but isn't there a point during the SI main quest when you can't get back ...until you get past that particular point? :shrug:

It's been a while for me as well, but I think the answer is that you are never actually prevented from returning to Cyrodiil. I'm basing that on my old recollections (my current character would never, ever help Sheogorath) and the following link (with spoilers): http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Retaking_The_Fringe#The_Fall_of_the_Fringe

:wavey:
GLOW...

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:51 am

It's been a while for me as well, but I think the answer is that you are never actually prevented from returning to Cyrodiil. I'm basing that on my old recollections (my current character would never, ever help Sheogorath) and the following link (with spoilers): http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Retaking_The_Fringe#The_Fall_of_the_Fringe

:wavey:

That is true. You are always able to freely travel between the two... always.
adam holden

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Because there are no skill trainers in the Shivering Isles, no spellmaking altars, no enchantment altars, and only one real spell merchant with a very limited number of spells. Bethesda made the SI a nice place to visit, but you really can't live there. Not without mods at least.
Trista Jim

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:32 am

Simply eat three Greenmote.
Gavin boyce

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:32 pm

Because there are no skill trainers in the Shivering Isles, no spellmaking altars, no enchantment altars, and only one real spell merchant with a very limited number of spells. Bethesda made the SI a nice place to visit, but you really can't live there. Not without mods at least.

All those things you said are for the weak xD
Veronica Flores

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Well, Demetris and Ren were bored with Cyrodiil so they decided to go there for a visit.
Demetris wore the amulet of madness thing (I don't remember the name) while Ren didn't.
Long story short, Demetris had to beat the **** out of Ren and drag him back to Cyrodiil to get "cured".
It didn't help that Demetris woke up to Ren laughing like a maniac in a full perfect madness armor set...

I think they're happy with Cyrodiil for now... :violin:
lilmissparty

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Simply eat three Greenmote.

Yeah, and we might as well slap Sheogorath upside the head too. :rolleyes:
(For anyone who doesn't catch the sarcasm here, I HIGHLY recommend not trying either of the above. If you're going to anyway. SAVE FIRST).
Dj Matty P

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:58 am

U can make some of the quests in Shivering Isles, and if u dont want, u can go back to cyrodiil anytime u want, u are free to make the quests when u want in both worlds.
Glu Glu

Return to IV - Oblivion