I hope obsidian makes another fallout...again.

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:14 pm

3 was better than NV, new Vegas had nothing interesting to do, just a desert.

Laura Simmonds

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:31 am

This. I much preferred the Capital Wasteland over the Mojave, but the mechanics of FNV were better than FO3. And that is why I hope another Fallout will be made, with better mechanics - I feel that FO4 really suffers on a PC from being Made for Console ™.

jodie

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:47 pm

I liked the setting and story of 3 better than NV, but NV made improvements that you just can't take away IMHO. FO4 is like no other Fallout game in the franchise, and not in the good way.

Brooks Hardison

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:33 pm

That's because the area around Vegas is a desert lol.

Stephanie Valentine

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:55 am

People complaining about there not being RPG elements in the game are really really absurd..

Meghan Terry

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:37 am

FONV was not a game I ever got into and I never bothered to finish it, which surprised me given the hundreds of hours I put into FO3.

FO4 I have to say I am enjoying tremendously. Just having a great deal of fun exploring and sometimes just noodling around.

Also, on a moderate-y note, I fixed your title for you - I was sure you didn't want to come of rude and insulting to anyone, regardless of whether or not you like a product. :)

LOL... cars are your friend in that encounter. And boy howdy, wait until you really run into one later on. It was murder time, and I was not the victor.

Claire Vaux

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:00 am

The roleplaying aspects in this game, namely the dialogue system, is very shallow, there's no way around it.

Daramis McGee

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:38 am

Funny, Main thing i remember about Fallout New vegas's "Factions" was a faction that they tried really hard to make super grey and failed MISERABLY, so hard in fact that anyone who takes the legion seriously should be looked at.

yet when Bethesda SUCCESSFULLY does what Obsidian failed to do.....they get yelled at for not having a "pure evil faction"

HARDHEAD

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:00 am

I liked New Vegas a lot more than Fallout 3, and what I've played of Fallout 4, so I'd be all for another one from Obsidian.

Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:36 pm

What makes you think that Obsidian will revert all the changes that you don't like into their Fallout 4 spinoff? Obsidian has to follow what Bethesda says so if Todd Howard says no skills in Obsidian's next Fallout game, then there won't be skills in that game.

Fanny Rouyé

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:09 am

this

Louise Andrew

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 am

I wasn't even that much into Fallout. Played 3 and NV, but never got around to completing them. I more or less just played them to pass the time while I waited for other games.

Fallout 4, however, is amazing. I plan on completing it. It's the best one I've played so far.

People just don't like change.

Celestine Stardust

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:31 am

Fact is i hope Obsidian dont make another Fallout NV was ok, but not great as Fo3 or Fo4 so far.

Plus lets be real Obsidian didnt make nothing they just use everything that Bethesda make.

Emily Graham

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:53 am

I would love to see another New Vegas and this has nothing to do because I think FO4 is good or bad. Even though I know it's up to Beth to give them the green light, I wonder if Obsidian really wants to do it. I think it must be a pain in the ass for a developer to be given such limited time to finish a game like Obsidian had.
Logan Greenwood

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:20 am

Obsidian are renowned for picking up other devs sloppy seconds.

Elena Alina

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:11 am

This is true, of course. But a good artist can make anything interesting. A good writer can make a trip to the grocery store interesting. A good painter can make a bowl of apples interesting. A good songwriter can make the over-worked 12-bar blues form interesting. It is the artist's imagination that makes these things come alive in art, not the things themselves.

M!KkI

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:15 am

Begone filthy ghoul, go back to your cave filled with rotting molerat corpses and glowing mushrooms. You will not be allowed to walk away in one piece if Highest Council of Brotherhood of Steel will aquire knowledge of your presence in these parts again.

joking ^^

Charlie Ramsden

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:40 pm

I feel like the people who say NV is better than FO4, only played NV with mods because the vanilla game was absolute [censored] IMO of course. ;)

Jason Rice

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:26 pm

I really enjoyed Fallout 3 but New Vegas was dull, depressing & boring but did have a cool gun selection to be fair.

Nany Smith

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:02 am

I also liked fallout 3 more than NV in some ways, but I would be very glad if there was another fallout made by them because I can not imagine that they would let the gameplay mechanics in its current state. We'd have a game of number again at least, a game of math, a rpg.

matt oneil

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:10 pm

My friend and I are two of those people lol. I dont get why everyone liked nv so much.
Dan Stevens

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:47 am

Yeah I always thought roll playing meant you played the roll. So you imagine and roll play however you want your character to be. Bethesda just incorporates the option to be good at everything in the game. Best game I ever played. Already level 74. Not planning on slowing down
Marcia Renton

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:05 am

NV had more emphasis on adding new game-play features, like different ammo types, faction disguises, hardcoe mode, unfortunately It was a bit lacking on the story, and exploring hundreds of locations which were just a new variety of empty desert probably made it feel pretty bland. But boy did i enjoy the amount of effect stats had on how you approached things: like having enough explosive skill would provide you with free explosives in goodsprings or having high enough Intelligence would help you convince certain robots not to attack you...I kinda miss needing other stat boosting apparel and magazines(or drugs) to get alternative solutions...now i just kinda only bring the charisma increasing gear and nothing else matters in dialogue. I just did human error and my choices were: murder or murder, could I not have used my science perk to help convince them of an alternative? or used perception to REALLY help them with what they need to find?

or ya know Strength test...to remind them of what I'll do anyway and that all their efforts will be for nothing if they get in my way.

ezra

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:16 am

I hope that Obsidian don't make another Fallout. Cos then we'll get Black Isle [censored] bleating on forever more. This is Bethesda's IP, Bethesda's game, and I'm loving it.

(most of what was good about New Vegas got ripped from Marts Mutant Mod, RH Ironsights, Caliber etc anyway. I didn't really enjoy the story, and the setting was zzzzz)
{Richies Mommy}

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:46 pm

New Vegas, I think to a large extend, was great for older gamers like myself that played the original Fallout (or even Wasteland) titles back in the day, due to Obsidian being formed out of some of the same folk that worked on Fallout back then. NV had a lot more "familiar fallout" feel to it than F3... including Obsidian's dark sense of humor. I only liked NV slighty more than F3... both great games, and had their own strenghts and weaknesses.

I would love to see another Obsidian Fallout title.

RPG is about more than stats and skills and such, but I agree with those that feel F4 is a bit leight on the RPG elements. Especially considering the history here, Fallout is known for its rich and complex leveling system... and I do miss it.

I have only put in a few hours with Fallout 4 so far, but I am enjoying it... regardless of its flaws and shortcommings. The game engine hasn't evolved all that much, but the game is very atmospheric and has a bit of a "S.T.A.L.K.E.R" feel in part... rather looking forward to investing more time in to this game.

I would also rather like to see Obsidian take another go at Fallout, bugs and all... I rather enjoy their games as well as their darker approach to story telling and humor.

roxxii lenaghan

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion