Horizon Zero Dawn Discussion

Post » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:11 pm

With the release of Guerrilla Games' new IP, Horizon Zero Dawn, yesterday for the PS4, I figured it would be a good idea to have a thread here to discuss it. I am sadly unable to think of any other forum sites I use where conversations on other games can occur (the new forums have no off-topic area).

I purchased it last night and played for roughly three hours before going to bed. So far, I am very impressed by it. The world is beautiful, the lore is intriguing, and the combat is as challenging as reviewers have claimed.

What are your thoughts so far? And let's try to keep this thread spoiler-free, or at least keep spoilers hidden out of respect of those of us who haven't had as many chances to play so far.

Here is IGN's review: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/20/horizon-zero-dawn-review

alicia hillier

Post » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:03 am

If it was on the Xbox One I might have looked into getting it since it does remind me of Farcry 4 and Farcry Primal.

Maybe one day I will look into getting a PS4/PS4 Pro since they are starting to get some RPG's and games that have my interests. I will still get the Bethesda's games on it to add to my collection.

Bigze Stacks

Post » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:46 am

I currently have both a PS4 and an Xbox One Slim, since I like games from both companies. I still have many RPGs from my Xbox 360 to beat, but other than that my PS4 has become my default RPG/open world console. I have The Witcher 3, FFX/X2 Remaster, Tomb Raider, MGSV, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection (birthday gift), and now Horizon Zero Dawn. Way too many time-sinks!

But, yes, I would highly encourage anyone with the funds to own both. PS4 has had some great exclusives lately.

Dale Johnson

Post » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:08 am

Well this game...

Starts off "Skyrim" meets "The Lion King" meets "The Witcher 3" meets "Far Cry Primal" meets "Recore".

There is really nothing new in this game... but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

After all by now there are no original stories anymore. It's how you tell the ones we already know.

After a bit of a lack luster start this game really takes off once you're in control of your fully developed character.

It is an entertaining game to play though not without it's glaring flaws (early stealth is like an invincibility mode) but I cant' see anyone who owns a PS4 and who got this game being let down overall.

Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:00 am

I'm really enjoying this game!

I was worried about the controls being clumsy, but once I started playing I was glad to see they are very solid. I really like Aloy's story, especially once you learn more about what's going on.

I wasn't expecting this much of a stealth aspect (which can be ignored if one wants to play more aggressive) but it allows you to plan your battles carefully.

The game has a lot going on, and so far it's getting everything right. (Except a few minor flaws, like clunky menus and poorly explained items.)

I think that's to help you ease into combat.

Things get more aggressive later when you're greatly outnumbered.

ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:26 am

I love the look and feel of everything I've seen about this game. But I'm not about to buy a PS4 just to play one game. So, no sale from me.

Sherry Speakman

Post » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:19 pm

I'm not much of a stealth player myself in video games (the extent I use it in Fallout 4 and Skyrim is so that I can get a good first shot on someone), but the fact that the Machines pose a good threat to you has made the act of sneaking in the grass feel natural. Even a lowly Watcher can kick your butt if you're not careful. I may not necessarily put many skill points into the "stealth" tree at the beginning, though. I'm trying to focus my points into combat and resource management for now.

Mason Nevitt

Post » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:29 am

The further you get the more you'll realise that this is probably the finest "Far Cry" re-skin you'll ever play.

Jennifer Munroe

Return to Othor Games