How does Blindness work?

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:48 am

Has anyone worked with that spell effect?

I'm trying to make an AoE effect that causes actors to be blind as falmer so its easy to sneak through, but I'm not sure how the effect works and I think I'm doing it wrong.
ILy- Forver

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Is this linked to the "Detection post" you made, Ducey?

If it is, I also looked at making NPC blind ... couldn't get it to help me out (still detected stuff).

Best of luck - please post if you get anywhere with this

(and if this is nothing to do with detection ... sorry!)
Racheal Robertson

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:56 pm

The problem is that blindness only makes the sight worse by applying a imagespacemodifier to the actor similar to how the elder scroll does if you read it.

Since NPC's don't really SEE, or rather since they don't notice imagespacemodifiers that does nothing to a NPC. You would have to set the awareness down.
kasia

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:50 am

There is a blindness spell archetype. I experimented with it for my Ball Lightning spell and it does seem to have an effect on NPCs, albeit a subtle one. It's difficult to quantify the effect, but it seems like it lowers their ability to detect you. After applying a Blind spell to an NPC, I could stand right in front of them in broad daylight without being detected. If I bumped into them or made some other sound they would come after me, but quickly lost target and went into "Searching" mode (saying "Where are you?" and wandering around, again, in broad daylight).

It didn't seem very reliable, though. I suspect it's buggy.
Misty lt

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:29 pm

So far as I know, blindness cuts line of sight and light level out of the detection equation meaning that only sound or direct contact can get you detected. Blind actor and muffle on yourself makes you basically undetectable.
James Hate

Return to V - Skyrim