Institute, Minutemen, and Railroad - any value beyond F4?

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:28 am

I'm curious if any of the factions we encounter in Fallout 4 would be worth encountering elsewhere.

What do you think?

liz barnes

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Well, this is the first time we're meeting any of these factions in full force. And I use,"full force" loosely.

We've only heard bits of railroad and institute in previous games. And since I'm milking this game and not yet through with the main quest, I don't have much else to go on
sam smith

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:35 am

Personally, I'd like to see the various groups have a bigger role outside the Commonwealth. I'm hoping for a canonical Minutemen ending but the Institute would also be good.

1. I'd like to see the Institute take on a Followers of the Apocalypse role on the East Coast, their evacuated scientists teaching the Wastelanders how to use science and engineering but also accompanied by Synths, Robots, and other material which would make them slightly sinister. You could do a lot of mad scientists plots with them.

2. I think the Minutemen as a group spreading to Outside the Commonwealth would be cool as you could have them serving the same function as the Wasteland Desert Rangers. They could form units in various lands and serve as a faction which hires the PCs as bounty-hunters.

3. I'd like to see the Post-Institute Railroad evolve into a generic anti-slavery organization.

Taylah Haines

Return to Fallout Series Discussion