Just bought a PS3

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:54 am

So I decided to buy a PS3 after I saw a deal on ebay. I'm getting a 160gb Slim. I'm assuming this is not capable of playing PS2 games which is fine by me. Here's the question, what are the best PS3 exclusives? Are there any games that are an absolute must buy for PS3? I'm thinking of getting Uncharted and Heavy Rain so far. I mainly bought this as a blu-ray player but I couldn't see spending so much on a stand alone blu-ray player when I can play games and watch blu-rays on the PS3.
Pumpkin

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Uncharted

God of War

Heavy Rain

LittleBigPlanet (I know, but it's fun)
Rachel Hall

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:55 am

So I decided to buy a PS3 after I saw a deal on ebay. I'm getting a 160gb Slim. I'm assuming this is not capable of playing PS2 games which is fine by me. Here's the question, what are the best PS3 exclusives? Are there any games that are an absolute must buy for PS3? I'm thinking of getting Uncharted and Heavy Rain so far. I mainly bought this as a blu-ray player but I couldn't see spending so much on a stand alone blu-ray player when I can play games and watch blu-rays on the PS3.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is a must. And just for the hell of it go buy a PS2 and get the rest of them.

Heavy Rain was supposed to be good. Downloaded the demo but never got around to installing it do to my horrible internet connection. Same with Uncharted, never played it but I hear a lot of good reviews. Same thing for Infamous as well.

Demon's Souls was supposed to be good.

God of War was pretty awesome.

Gran Turismo 5 is AWESOME.

Killzone 3 was pretty good. I only played the multiplayer beta though. Like all the others the Demo is just sitting there waiting to be downloaded completely.

Littlebigplanet is pretty fun for a laid back game.

The Resistance games are pretty good as well. Only played the first one though.
Tracy Byworth

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:30 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyria_Chronicles is my favorite.

Demon's Souls, Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4 are good too.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is a must. And just for the hell of it go buy a PS2 and get the rest of them.

That would be a huge waste of money, seeing MGS2 & MGS3 are soon to be released for the PS3. And personally I feel MGS4 was a rather huge disappointment, MGS1 is much better :P
sam westover

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:53 am

Killzone 2 and 3. Trust me, they're worth it.
Lew.p

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:48 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyria_Chronicles is my favorite.

Demon's Souls, Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 4 are good too.

I can't comment of the Yakuza games -- haven't played them -- but Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls are excellent games.
Lyndsey Bird

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Uncharted 2

Demons Souls

MGS4 (Only if you've played the others)

Little Big Planet

Killzone 2

Heavy Rain
Lauren Graves

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Flower from the PS Store
Uncharted 1 & 2
Demon's Souls
Stephanie I

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:16 am

Uncharted 2
MGS4(especially)
SOCOM 4
Infamous
Killzone 3
Little Big Planet
Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:33 pm

PS3 owner from the beginning and can tell you what exclusives are worth it:

-LittleBigPlanet 2: Awesome game, but don't bother with the original as the sequel is better in every way.

-Killzone 3: Great shooter and fun multiplayer. Maybe Killzone 2 too if you care for the story.

-Uncharted series: Get both games as the best thing about the game is the story due to the superb voice acting.

-Demons souls': Great game, but aquires a certain taste, like the taste of being killed dozens and dozens of times. Really good combat and makes you feel brillant when you finally kill the bosses.

-Motorstorm Series: While the first motorstorm may be dated, it was a really good game when I first got my PS3 and you should check it out as it is probably really cheap at the moment. I'd skip the second but play the third.

-Infamous series: Both are really fun superhero games.

-God of War 3: Fun enough game, but has some mature scenes.

-MAG: Haven't tried it, but features huge multiplayer battles.

-Ratchet & Clank: Fun and funny games, definately worth a play.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.
Natalie Harvey

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:37 am

That would be a huge waste of money, seeing MGS2 & MGS3 are soon to be released for the PS3. And personally I feel MGS4 was a rather huge disappointment, MGS1 is much better :P

I had no idea they were making them on the PS3! Yes!!! :D

And I don't know why I'm so excited about this since my PS3 is already backwards compatible :blink:

I've only played 3 and 4 sadly :( I really want to get the other two though. One question, whats the difference in the Substance/Subsistence versions?
Genevieve

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:24 am

Uncharted 1 and 2

God of War III

Infamous 1 and 2

Heavy Rain
glot

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:05 am

I had no idea they were making them on the PS3! Yes!!! :D

And I don't know why I'm so excited about this since my PS3 is already backwards compatible :blink:

I've only played 3 and 4 sadly :( I really want to get the other two though. One question, whats the difference in the Substance/Subsistence versions?

I have Subsistence. It lets you control the camera manually, and lets you play the original 2 Metal Gear MSX games. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_%28video_game%29 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_2)
Javier Borjas

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:13 am

-Ratchet & Clank: Fun and funny games, definately worth a play.

Going commando (the second one on PS2 :lmao:) is still the best, but a Crack in Time is pretty awesome.
Jinx Sykes

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:05 pm

Ya unfortunately only a few of the PS3s were B/C and those are super scarce atm as well as fetching premo prices. Another problem is i'm hearing Sony is "supposedly" getting rid of them if they break. A person sends theirs in for repairs paying $150 they just send them one of the new slim PS3s in exchange instead of repair it.

As for "Exclusive" games its hard to say, but God Of War, Kill Zone, and MGS4 come to mind, but i'm not sure about MGS4. I would highly recommend checking out the station store since it has some good games on it. Have to find the name of the game I remember playing however you might enjoy it. One unfortunate thing about the PS3 is sony hasn't yet enabled the ability to play your own music off the console during gaming sessions. This mostly being due to Microsoft holding a monopoly on that type of software, but it shouldn't be long before we start seeing it more often.

Bayonetta isn't an exclusive title however I would DEFINITELY check it out since it is fun and quite challenging.
Aliish Sheldonn

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:15 am

Bayonetta and Demons' Souls are the games i'm still missing.

Also if you played Shadow of the Colossus and/or ICO on PS2, the next game by that team, The Last Guardian is released later this year. If you haven't, they are released as HD versions for PS3 later this year too. There's some convincing arguments as to why games should be considered art ;)
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:28 am

Oh god you MUST try out Demon's Souls.
sunny lovett

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:47 am

The Last Guardian is released later this year.

Later next year :P
Killah Bee

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:25 am

Uncharted
Infamous
Killzone
Resistance
LittleBigPlanet
TwistedMetal
MotorStorm
GodofWar

are all good if you ask me. If there was 1; it has to be the Uncharted series.
Neliel Kudoh

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:16 pm

I cant think of any games I havent got so i'll just mention the decent ones i have and a few I'm looking forward to getting when they're out.

Both Uncharted games are essential, excellent graphics game play and story line while the second game also supports online play an the ability to record gameplay (simular to halo 3 )
Pixel Junk Shooter is fun and cheap from PSN.
Braid (PSN)
Back to the Future (PSN) Not very actionay but quite amusing if you like the movies
Little Big Planet 2, the player made content will keep this game active and lively for years.
Batman Arkham Asylum
God of War III
Metal Gear Solid 4 (though I'd stay away from online play as its infamous for lag switching)
Heavy Rain
Wipeout (PSN)
Deadnation (PSN) a zombie survival game, think Black Ops arcade only awesome.
Dead Space 2
killzone 3
inFamous 1
Dead Rising 2
Crysis 2, cos its pretty.

Oh and Duke Nukem if you like throwing turds at mirrors.
Steeeph

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:57 am

Later next year :P

Has it been delayed or have i been misinformed?
Matthew Warren

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Uncharted
Both Infamous games
LBP

Only PS exclusive things I can think of
Elizabeth Falvey

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Heavy Rain - Basically an interactive movie with a VERY good story.
Demon Souls - Hard as hell but very good RPG with classic RPG elements. WARNING: If you are prone to raging, this may cause you to smash your PS3.
LittleBigPlanet 1 and/or 2 - Wonderful and imaginative platformers and its user generated content really makes the game.
InFamous - Decent sandboxish game, keeping you engaged with the missions scattered through Empire City.
Killzone 3 - FPS with very good graphics and gameplay keeping you fixed on fighting the Helghast forces.
Uncharted 1 and 2 - Both astounding games with great story, gameplay and voice acting.
kat no x

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Well it looks like I'm going to buy a lot of games...

What are the top 3 games I should get?
Jason King

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:07 am

Well it looks like I'm going to buy a lot of games...

What are the top 3 games I should get?

I'd say demons souls(I you like that sort of thing), lbp2 and uncharted 2, if you don't like demons souls' style I'd say get killzone 3
Abi Emily

Next

Return to Othor Games