[RELz] Mart's Mutant Mod 1.0 RC 1

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:42 pm

I have an odd situation to report. Ok maybe two. First off, I had a crash to desktop immediately after setting eyes on the chinese ghoul between tenpenny tower and the powerstation ( not sure exactly where, but I had just discovered the chinese radio frequency) restarted and have not experienced it again.

Now for the weirder ones:

I've only encountered wanamingos twice, and each time it had a yoai guai as it's "trusty-sidekick". Does this have something to do with the mingos being wired to a yaui goai skeleton ? I like the wanamingos, but I don't like being double-teamed by to of the nastiest creatures in the game.

And dogmeat has been appearing seemingly at random. I've never found him, he just appears, and I can open his inventory, but not give any commands.

Any thoughts?

the only mod that I have installed that might possibly conflict is the wastland bosses mod.

It might be another mod screwing with you. I have encoutnered wanamingos many times and never had a yao gui in sight.
Stacy Hope

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Yes, I can look at that. Either have them retaliate, or slow their speed down once crippled and fleeing. Which would you prefer?

Haha, I actually didn't think that far.

They are very dangerous at low low to low mid levels, especially in packs.

I'd say maybe up their speed when cripple by a tad. Almost seems like they are walking in slow motion.

If they flee it would be cool if you attack them again that they would defend themselves and even turn aggressive, BUT still hampered by the crippled leg.

Thought this might make them a bit more interesting as they are kinda terrifying and a great addition to the game.
Trent Theriot

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:14 pm

I've noticed something odd and I'm not quite sure if this is the right thread to post in.

Using MMM+FWE+FOOK, I've noticed on several occasions that cells seem to respawn after quicksaving/quickloading. I've just experienced this while walking to the "Hallowed Moore Cemetary" (the destroyed church to the north of Big Town). It was empty when I got there with only a Wasteland captive I then released. I did a quicksave and reloaded it a minute later, only to find the church being filled with several Super Mutants and a floater now - me being right in the middle :-/

Dunno what to make out of this. I did a proper cell respawn hours before when upgrading to RC 1.11, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Here's my load order in case it's of any assistance.

Fallout3.esmFakePatch_v1.4.0.6.ESMAnchorage.esmThePitt.esmCALIBR.esmFOOK.ESMFWE_FO3_Wanderers_Edition.esmMart's Mutant Mod.esmUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.espDarNifiedUIF3.espDUIF3Extras.espdD-Less Blood Time.espMrSlackPants-DecentPipBoyLight.espFleshBurningPlasma.espBurnification.espD.C. Confidential with Glow.espWasteland Weather Overhaul .9 (no interiors).espWater Bottles 3000.espFook.espFOOK - Anchorage.espFOOK - The Pitt.espFOOK - Owned!.espFWE_00_QUEST.espFWE_01_COMBAT.espFWE_02_COMBAT_II.espFWE_03_CHARACTER.espFWE_04_CHARACTER_II.espFWE_05_ITEMLOOT.espFWE_05_ITEMLOOT_II.espFWE_05_ITEMLOOT_III.espFWE_06_SPAWNS.espFWE_07_IMMERSION.espFWE_08_FEATURES.espFWE Compatibility - FOOK.espMart's Mutant Mod.espMart's Mutant Mod - Feral Ghoul Rampage.espMart's Mutant Mod - Feral Ghoul Spree.espMart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.espMart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.espMart's Mutant Mod - No Corpse Flies.espMart's Mutant Mod - FOOK + FWE.espScenic_Loading_Background.espSniperZooming.espTotal active plugins: 45Total plugins: 46

Adam Porter

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:25 am

This may be a dumb question but... Since there is a new 1.5 patch, what about mods? MMM, FOOK etc. Can we in general play with this new patch or users have to wait for updated versions of each mod?

Cheers.
Eliza Potter

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:17 pm

This may be a dumb question but... Since there is a new 1.5 patch, what about mods? MMM, FOOK etc. Can we in general play with this new patch or users have to wait for updated versions of each mod?

Cheers.

Read the release notes. Based upon what it fixes, do you think there would be a conflict?
Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:35 am

Read the release notes. Based upon what it fixes, do you think there would be a conflict?

You didn't have to be sarcastic. Reading the update notes, it seems there won't be any conflict.

But the reason, why I am asking this is because with a large number of moddable games, whenever a new patch is released most mods have to be updated to work with the new patch.

Cheers.
Hayley Bristow

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:41 am

I've noticed something odd and I'm not quite sure if this is the right thread to post in.

Using MMM+FWE+FOOK, I've noticed on several occasions that cells seem to respawn after quicksaving/quickloading. I've just experienced this while walking to the "Hallowed Moore Cemetary" (the destroyed church to the north of Big Town). It was empty when I got there with only a Wasteland captive I then released. I did a quicksave and reloaded it a minute later, only to find the church being filled with several Super Mutants and a floater now - me being right in the middle :-/

I've seen the same thing occur. I only use MMM plus various other mods (I don't have FWE, FOOK, or any other balancing/overhaul mod).

First reported it when Night Ghouls kept spawning inside the Regulator Headquarters. Now, on a second playthrough, NG's keep spawning directly outside the entrance of Paradise Falls. I originally encountered them at night, and Grouse and I (the Slaver's main guard) fought them. He died, which bolluxed the "Strictly Business" quest, so I reloaded. Ever since that time, whenever I fast travel to Paradise Falls, they spawn - during the day, also.

I also had a group of Super Mutants immediately spawn inside an abandoned cathedral on a quick load, right after I'd already cleared it of enemies.

Certainly not a horrendous game breaking bug, it makes things interesting . . . but it's an oddity.

-----------------------------
I'm unsure about the Warmingos. Every time I've encountered them it's been in a group of three, sometimes four, putting my character in instant peril (not necessarily a bad thing). I did diable them using the .esp and waiting four days to reset cells, but they still appeared. The reason I did so was, I also prefer large Raider spawns (they're my favorite foes), and the Warmingo's were killing them off. I encountered a large group of raiders west of Megaton, and spent a good deal of time putting down frag mines to create a killing field to lure them into. Once I did so, however, half-way to my position they were flanked by three Warmingo's, and the 7-8 Raiders were wiped out -_-
Matthew Warren

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:21 am

You didn't have to be sarcastic. Reading the update notes, it seems there won't be any conflict.

But the reason, why I am asking this is because with a large number of moddable games, whenever a new patch is released most mods have to be updated to work with the new patch.

Be careful to read too much into other people's posts, a short answer is not automatically sarcastic.

The patch shouldn't affect MMMF3, at least not until you get DLC Broken Steel. If you have other mods that use FOSE you will have to update FOSE, but most mods should be unaffected.
Chrissie Pillinger

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:56 pm

I also had a group of Super Mutants immediately spawn inside an abandoned cathedral on a quick load, right after I'd already cleared it of enemies.

I've noticed this a lot, too. Sometimes I'll go into an area I've been many times, and notice that there's far fewer Super Mutants than usual. If I save and reload, they'll appear. I've definitely seen this at the little church with the graveyard near junkyard, the fort setup South of Rivet City, and the truck near Paradise Falls. There have definitely been other times when I've backtracked and run into mutie spawns that weren't there before, but some of this could be scripted.

The first time it happened was pretty crazy, as I waltzed into the fort South of Rivet City expecting the usual fight, but it was a ghost town. I rescued the captive human from nobody, and looted all the containers, then had to reload for some reason (I think I had a crash). When I came back, I was standing face-to-face with the minigunner and was surrounded!

It's sort of fun though, if a bit bugged out. I prefer to imagine that I happened upon their camp while they were all using the bathroom.
Tiffany Carter

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:33 pm

It's sort of fun though, if a bit bugged out. I prefer to imagine that I happened upon their camp while they [insert creativity here].

LOL. A known feature. ;)
hannah sillery

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:33 am

Feral Ghoul Rampage is a blast. I'm playing a 100 explosives character and dropping a nade on one of their clusterf00ks is good for a few chuckles as limbs and bodies go flying. I like that they carry drugs.

I think they drop too much loot, though. They drop anywhere between 0-18 caps (or something). (Can I edit this easily?) Plus, when they revive, they drop loot again, which I think should be eliminated. I think they carry too many bobby pins.
Isabel Ruiz

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Feral Ghoul Rampage is a blast. I'm playing a 100 explosives character and dropping a nade on one of their clusterf00ks is good for a few chuckles as limbs and bodies go flying. I like that they carry drugs.

I think they drop too much loot, though. They drop anywhere between 0-18 caps (or something). (Can I edit this easily?) Plus, when they revive, they drop loot again, which I think should be eliminated. I think they carry too many bobby pins.

Actually I wouldnt mind if there was something to remove the Ghoul Flesh. Going through dozens of identical bodies to find them relatively worthless is tedious.

Right. I might as well throw in some comments regarding the updated release. First of all, stability is greatly improved. I still ctd occasionally but its not reached dramatic levels, yet. I love some of the new animals. One question though, can the Wanamingo (dont know right spelling of the word) really be considered an animal? Looks as terrifying as a Deathclaw to me, heh. I love the Feral Ghoul rise. I was with 4 companions in some metro station and these things started just getting up around us. It was fantastic, so much so that I often end up blowing up their heads after my companions have put them down. It certainly adds a new element to these encounters. I really like the new Floaters and other creatures. They feel like they really belong (which they do, heh). The Deathclaw Matriarch is frickin tough, essh! I've yet to encounter a Gargantuan so Ill leave those comments for later. Perhaps my opinion of these annoying bastards will improve. I do think that it would be great to see some new Super Mutant variants which arnt 3 stories tall. I also have to check out the Capitol Building to see if it crashes.
Anne marie

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:20 am

Actually I wouldnt mind if there was something to remove the Ghoul Flesh. Going through dozens of identical bodies to find them relatively worthless is tedious.

that reminds me...

Would there be a way to script it so that a player standing over a pile of bodies could loot all of them at once?
JeSsy ArEllano

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:35 am

Martigen, I doubt that http://www.wegame.com/view/Fallout_3_Screenshot_by_NaboeN_20090430_15_28_09/sizes/large/ is how the gargantuan looks like
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:28 pm

Actually, that IS how they look like.
HARDHEAD

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:44 am

Complete with enormous right arm but shriveled left? Creepy, like a deformed infant or something.

Anyway, what's the word on broken steel compatibility? Will I have to unload MMM to play BS until you can roll out a patch, or will they play sorta-nice with each other, in the 'The game won't spazz out on me' way?
Jacob Phillips

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Hard to know about BS compatibility when BS isn't out yet.
Stephanie I

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:21 am

Hard to know about BS compatibility when BS isn't out yet.

Naturally. I was asking for a best guess from one of the most proficient modders around. :P
Life long Observer

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Ok.

I have done it.

I have created Feral Ghouls that raise in front of you realtime -- without the known bugs that have thus far prevented us from doing this sort of thing.

I'm pretty critical of my work, but even this has me smiling like a chesire cat :)

Some background: there's a command in called 'resurrect' which can be used in two forms: ressurect 0 and ressurect 1. As documented in the Wiki, 'ressurect 0' works to re-create a dead actor in the world, appearing as active (already standing in the case of a Feral Ghoul for eg). They kinda pop in out of nowhere, not the effect we're after for a Feral Ghoul picking himself up from the floor. The alternative method of 'ressurect 1' tells the engine to re-animate the actor -- so here they physically come back from the dead and pick themselves up off the floor.

And then fall right through it into a void.

For whatever reason, the lovely Fallout engine and one if its zillion bugs causes a resurrected actor to lose collision with the floor and disappear beneath it, making the command useless.

The other side of using the ressurection command is any 'gibbed' limbs remain, and move relative to the actor that resurrected (so think a blood splat and floating dismembered arm following the ghoul around). Well, this part of the problem I solved with the current raising system that create new limbless Feral Ghouls in place of the old one.

And now, I've got them raising in front of you as you approach, picking themselves up as you watch -- and without falling through the floor mesh :)

As an example of how damn cool this is -- I was just testing the code where I was focusing on just one ghoul raising, but had forgotten the four others surrounding my player from previous runs. As I approached they all picked themselves up in unison, like I had walked into a graveyard and each corpse was climbing out of the ground as I approched, and the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. I wasn't expecting them all to raise, and that surprise -- as it will be for you in game -- scared the crap out of me :)
RUby DIaz

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:12 am

Cool!
Alada Vaginah

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:39 pm

I have created Feral Ghouls that raise in front of you realtime -- without the known bugs that have thus far prevented us from doing this sort of thing.

I'm pretty critical of my work, but even this has me smiling like a chesire cat :)

Very cool! :D :D
Btw, you reminded me of my favorite http://wallpapers.dpiq.org/wallpapers/18/American_McGee%27s_Alice%2C_Cheshire_Cat.jpg from American McGee's Alice.
http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm375/mpyreof1/cheshirekitty.jpg.
As an example of how damn cool this is -- I was just testing the code where I was focusing on just one ghoul raising, but had forgotten the four others surrounding my player from previous runs. As I approached they all picked themselves up in unison, like I had walked into a graveyard and each corpse was climbing out of the ground as I approched, and the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. I wasn't expecting them all to raise, and that surprise -- as it will be for you in game -- scared the crap out of me :)

Sounds great. This is what I was hoping for.
But, I'm not going to ask the obvious question, as I'm sure it will get asked far too many times before your next release.

Major http://webpages.charter.net/moondookie/kudos.jpg... and a http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9171/golfclap18377709.gif (I forgot who on these forums I stole this from).
Jeff Tingler

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:51 pm

I know this feeling, sometimes you create something that manages to put a big dumb smile on your face. I can definately imagine this being one of those moments :)

Might I inquire as to how you managed it? Or is that information classified until I get to rip the .esp open myself? :P
Monique Cameron

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:50 am

Congrats, Mart!
Can't wait to see 'em raise! :cold:
kasia

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:24 pm

I ran into a metro location (forgot which one, but can hunt it down if you like) where Raiders spawned "almost" on top of the character when they load the new interior cell.
The spawn point is obviously right beside the door/exit and then having 10+ raiders spawn, split off from one another and attack with great lag... makes things difficult. ;)

Is this something you would like to know about? I decided not to report it as I saw it as a Beth spawn point issue, not an MMM issue.

Was that the first time you entered there?

Do corpse flies still show up on your radar?

I was looking at another mod http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5991 and he mentions a feature called setghost which prevents them from showing up on radar.

Yeah I can set them as ghost to prevent them showing up on the radar, but it means you also won't be able to kill them. Is this what you want?

I have an odd situation to report. Ok maybe two. First off, I had a crash to desktop immediately after setting eyes on the chinese ghoul between tenpenny tower and the powerstation ( not sure exactly where, but I had just discovered the chinese radio frequency) restarted and have not experienced it again.

Unlikely to do with MMM.

And dogmeat has been appearing seemingly at random. I've never found him, he just appears, and I can open his inventory, but not give any commands.

Any thoughts?

Nothing to do with MMM, Dogmeat isn't touched.

the only mod that I have installed that might possibly conflict is the wastland bosses mod.

Yeah... not too sure about that mod.

I also have another suggestion. Would it be possible to include more human (or humanoid such as ghouls and sm) encounters and less creature encounters?

Yes I'll look at this in the future.

Dunno what to make out of this. I did a proper cell respawn hours before when upgrading to RC 1.11, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Hmmm not sure what that could be about. I don't know if I can influence spawns appearing between a save/load. When a cell loads and creatures load, MMM does its thing, then all of its scripts unload except for abilities (like corpse flies, staggering etc). It doesn't change cells, doesn't alter respawn times etc. Zones Respawn of course allows some cells that didn't respawn to respawn, but again this happens only at the cell-respawn boundary in the game.

It's fine.

Actually revivied Ghouls are emptied of loot, except for the non-dismembered ones, which is fixed for the next update.
JLG

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:54 pm

RC 1.1 is out, and I think we should all move there, if that's okay with you Mart. :)
Amanda Furtado

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3