Mex food

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:30 pm

This whole topic is a half-joke, but I really want to know why there isn't any Mexican food in fallout.

California for gods sakes should have some tacos. Or did the 50's not approve of tacos. I mean really, what the hell. I don't know why, but the lack of a virtual burrito or taco in a game really bothers me.

And I only did this because I am Mexican/Spanish. Why not Paella. Can Ausir magically answer my lore-bending questions?
Alexxxxxx

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:54 pm

I don't think Mexican food was as popular in the US in the 1950s as it is now.
My blood

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:22 am

I think that America maintained a healthy dislike of pretty much every culture except their own (even moreso than these days, har har) and thus only "american" cuisine was widespread enough to require use of radioactive preservation measures that facilitated the transition into TV dinners. That questionable preservation is the reason that "Dandy Boy Apples", "Cram", and "Super-Duper Mart Salisbury Steak" exist, but not, say, a cheeseburger. The same applies to Nuka-Cola, only moreso.

Also, first post. Squee.
Conor Byrne

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:46 pm

This whole topic is a half-joke, but I really want to know why there isn't any Mexican food in fallout.

California for gods sakes should have some tacos. Or did the 50's not approve of tacos. I mean really, what the hell. I don't know why, but the lack of a virtual burrito or taco in a game really bothers me.

And I only did this because I am Mexican/Spanish. Why not Paella. Can Ausir magically answer my lore-bending questions?

Most foods in the Fallout Series dont involve reality foods such as tacos and nachos. The foods that are found in the series are futuristic foods, while some are also post apacolyptic foods. If the case was tacos and nachos exitisting, then French Fries, cheeseburgers, and other "normal" american foods should exist as well, including Coca Cola.
Paula Rose

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:01 am

Most foods in the Fallout Series dont involve reality foods such as tacos and nachos. The foods that are found in the series are futuristic foods, while some are also post apacolyptic foods. If the case was tacos and nachos exitisting, then French Fries, cheeseburgers, and other "normal" american foods should exist as well, including Coca Cola.

including Coca Cola.

Coca Cola.

Don't give them ideas. Do you remember what happened with Bawls?

DO YOU REMEMBER?
john page

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:01 pm

The US quarantined itself at one point in the fallout universe to avoid some plague, and as a result there would not be as large of a mexican influence.
Monique Cameron

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:19 pm

What really is a mystery is why there are so few Mexicans in Fallout 1.
And additionally I just thought that it would be interesting to include lush mutated rainforest environments in Fallout 4 or some addon, where there are Super Mutant monkeys and where all the nudity mods would actually make sense.
jennie xhx

Return to Fallout Series Discussion