Microstutter is caused by gamebryo

Post » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:19 am

The microstutter that people have had trouble with since oblivion, and every game since is caused by the gamebryo game engine. I read several articles on google and after trying it I can confirm this is the case. The problem lies in that the game engine bases all graphics and physics at 64hz. Most monitor refresh rates are around 60hz. After setting my monitor refresh rate to 64 hz, the microstutter was gone! However I did this briefly as my monitor does not normally support 64hz, only 60hz. I don't recommend setting your refresh rate to 64hz as it could damage your monitor if it isn't supported.

It appears that this is something Bethesda could fix, in a patch or hotfix for pc users. Since ifpsclamp only causes problems I won't recommend it. Here is a link that is more informative: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525127

(By the way don't bother with the "fixes" on the page they don't work :(
David John Hunter

Post » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:17 am

The microstutter that people have had trouble with since oblivion, and every game since is caused by the gamebryo game engine. I read several articles on google and after trying it I can confirm this is the case. The problem lies in that the game engine bases all graphics and physics at 64hz. Most monitor refresh rates are around 60hz. After setting my monitor refresh rate to 64 hz, the microstutter was gone! However I did this briefly as my monitor does not normally support 64hz, only 60hz. I don't recommend setting your refresh rate to 64hz as it could damage your monitor if it isn't supported.

It appears that this is something Bethesda could fix, in a patch or hotfix for pc users. Since ifpsclamp only causes problems I won't recommend it. Here is a link that is more informative: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525127

(By the way don't bother with the "fixes" on the page they don't work :(

My game stutter has vanished somehow. I had it after the patch, then suddenly last night it was gone. Beats me. BTW, I never had it at all F03 GOTY edition.
Ashley Clifft

Post » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:49 pm

My game stutter has vanished somehow. I had it after the patch, then suddenly last night it was gone. Beats me. BTW, I never had it at all F03 GOTY edition.

Stutter can be caused by a number of things. What worked for me was setting my monitor at 64hz :(
Emily Shackleton

Post » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:10 pm

The mods can lock this topic, I posted this issue in the new bug thread.
Rachel Cafferty

Post » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:33 am

The microstutter that people have had trouble with since oblivion, and every game since is caused by the gamebryo game engine.

Only in the Gamebryo games from Bethesda have I ever experienced "microstutter". Not in other Gamebryo games like Sid Meier's Pirates!, Civilization IV, Freedom Force and so on. So it's not really a Gamebryo issue, but rather a Bethesda issue.

The mods can lock this topic, I posted this issue in the new bug thread.

Okay.
victoria johnstone

Return to Fallout: New Vegas