stealing bug glitch

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:45 am

so I giver Cas something like a NCR arrmor that she cant wear and she drops it on the ground right away

no problem other then when I go to pick it up it now says "steal" and is all in red - it also says I lost karma after I do this

WTF is happening here
Roberto Gaeta

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:09 pm

so I giver Cas something like a NCR arrmor that she cant wear and she drops it on the ground right away

no problem other then when I go to pick it up it now says "steal" and is all in red - it also says I lost karma after I do this

WTF is happening here

Sometimes if you've stolen an item and drop it on the ground the game'll think you haven't stolen it yet. We've had this bug since Fallout 3.
Betsy Humpledink

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:18 am

this is an item that isnt stolen and becomes something that has to be stolen after its dropped by the person I tried to give it to

something even stupider is that I dont want them to wear this armor I just want them to carry this 40 pound thing that I just found that I can sell for 1000's - even stupider then that is that ed-e who cant even wear any armor cant carry anything to do with a faction - this is lame as hell
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:56 pm

this is an item that isnt stolen and becomes something that has to be stolen after its dropped by the person I tried to give it to

something even stupider is that I dont want them to wear this armor I just want them to carry this 40 pound thing that I just found that I can sell for 1000's - even stupider then that is that ed-e who cant even wear any armor cant carry anything to do with a faction - this is lame as hell

You could give them 40 pounds worth of other stuff to make room in your inventory for the armor. Or, if you are on PC you can add a mod called "Phalanx", it allows multiple followers if you choose that option, but one handy thing this mod adds is that ED-E and Rex can carry faction armor. I use this mod and I have not experienced any issues with it. However it does not solve the 'stealing' issue.
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 pm

I just wish they would add an Animation where the Companion throws it down in disgust and then turns and gives a dirty look to you when you do this.
Mashystar

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:35 pm

I paid for the collectors edition for the 360 but I just downloaded a copy from questionable sources for free for the PC because not only are the graphics better there are way better ways to fix problems like being able to just call into existence any item at will if needed

there was no way I was going to buy 2 copies of this game but I probably wont play the 360 version again but I wont sell it
Amanda Leis

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:23 am

Er, I suggest reading the forum rules then editing your post accordingly to avoid a ban.
Lyd

Return to Fallout: New Vegas