What do you think about new site "gamesas.com"?

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:18 pm

Post here your ideas!
Luis Longoria

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:34 pm

It is weird to be honest, and i am not sure that in a good way.
Besides the huge waiting/loading times between pages and several errors displayed sometimes after posting messages or simply loading pages, i think i can get used to it but it might take some time.
Offtopic forum page looks bad.
maria Dwyer

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:40 pm

Well... the new visual is good. But I'm nt sure if the platform they are using is good. This is a big community and I think the forum system they used before gave more flexibility to the site... But you have to wait to see the results as the site is not done yet.
Hella Beast

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:14 am

I like the visuals, but the front page seems a bit cluttered and its still too dependant on Flash.

The website is a bit weird, but its certainly something new and I can get used to the new layout. I like the old gamesas forum topic link though, instead of the new giant boxes. I think an anti spam is necessary for the topics. We also still need polls, editing, and more. :)

I'm thankful Crytek got the site working over the weekend and I expect more improvements to be made this week. :)
Svenja Hedrich

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:59 am

From the 'Site Performance issues' thread:
[quote]Hi everyone,

Thank you for checking out the new gamesas site, our official launch is tomorrow and we are currently in the process of transferring our site to a live environment so you may experience some performance issues during this time.[/quote]

So loading times should get better soon...

The new site is great, really fits in with the whole Crysis theme. There are a few little things that need work on, but I'm sure the gamesas team know about them.
P PoLlo

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:51 am

The site looks nice, needs some more polishing though. And they need to add user page thing like the old site.
Tessa Mullins

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:02 am

[quote]... I'm nt sure if the platform they are using is good. This is a big community and I think the forum system they used before gave more flexibility to the site... [/quote]

I believe (from a wrongly styled page I saw before) that they are using Drupal for the site which I have worked with before and is a very good platform.

More can be done with the forums, so we should wait and see... as Talon95 said, hopefully there will be more improvements to the site coming in the following weeks.
David John Hunter

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Trick question, I don't think.
Flutterby

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:39 pm

meh its OK Don't really like but don't hate it
J.P loves

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:52 pm

It's an interesting experience although I do have a couple questions/concerns about it.
The first being the loading times; is it because of my connection speed or is it something on their end.
The second being the layout of the forum threads. If this site explodes in popularity and a lot of people start posting I believe that it could become bothersome since the thread topics tend to take up quite a large amount of space which will quickly bump other threads off the first page.
Talitha Kukk

Return to Crysis