Game of the Year votes

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Let's post all the links to public Game of the Year votes here, so that Fallout fans can vote for New Vegas more easily :)

Here's the official Wikia GotY vote:

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Top_10_list:Top_Games_of_2010

New Vegas is #1 already, the vote also includes add-ons, so you can vote for Dead Money already as well!

Add more links here.
K J S

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:06 pm

The VGA voted RDR as GoTY.
FNV got Best Free-Roaming GoTY.
Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:56 am

umm..no..this game doesnt deserve any accolades except most broken game of the year...or maybe game that was released way too early...to suggest this game is game of the year material in any category is an insult to any other game that was actually finished and playable when it shipped..like rdr..me2 just to mention a few..
Sammi Jones

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:49 pm

Voted. My vote is for content. Story and characters are everything I'd hoped they'd be and more. Technical comes up short. Many problems were not because of the engine. Logic is basic...they can do better. In spite of this, it's still my personal GOTY.

:fallout:
sally coker

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:41 pm

It definitely is the game of the year for me. And bugs can be fixed, while bad design stays forever. Also, Fallout 3 was just as buggy on release, some people just look at it now through rose-tinted glasses for some reason.
Amy Masters

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:52 pm

The bugs don't bother me so it is my GOTY. If red dead won though I wouldn't be mad, cod on the other hand.
Elea Rossi

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:40 am

The VGA voted RDR as GoTY.
FNV got Best Free-Roaming GoTY.

Yeah, but VGA is not the only GOTY award or vote out there. :)
Harry-James Payne

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:44 am

seriously just the suggestion that this game is game of the year material makes me psychically feel ill..really thats all bethesda/obsidian needs is reassurance that whats went on with this game and the way they have handled the whole situation is in any way acceptable much less award worthy...i mean really what kind of message are you sending that its ok to do business like this?
Matthew Barrows

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:03 pm

Then don't vote, it's your choice. But why are you ill at the thought that others disagree and for them it is the best game of the year?
Jesus Lopez

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:56 am

because your telling bethesda/obsidian that not only is it ok to release games in this condition but its award worthy?
Hayley O'Gara

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:01 pm

The Wii's Trauma Team cover made me throw up on myself :yuck:

bigcrazewolf
Schel[Anne]FTL

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:17 pm

because your telling bethesda/obsidian that not only is it ok to release games in this condition but its award worthy?

Fallout 3 was just as buggy on release, some people just choose to forget it for some reason, and got lots of GOTY awards. Anyway, the lat patch fixed a lot of the issues, and I'm sure other patches will follow. Some of the bugs are simply a matter of the engine, unfortunately. I definitely enjoyed it much more than any of the other games released this year. If you didn't, you can vote for other games. For me, it's good design that matters the most.
Nana Samboy

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:04 pm

wow..i bet if you were one of us that felt totally screwed over by bethesda/obsidian and one of the few who still cant play the game that you paid 85 bucks for youd be singing a completely different tune..ill never for the life of me understand the mentality that some of the posters have on this board that its ok what this company has done..and now glory be its award able..im done here..before i puke all over myself..

i actually have wondered to myself how many posters here are employees of bethesda/obsidian..
Amiee Kent

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:59 pm

wow..i bet if you were one of us that felt totally screwed over by bethesda/obsidian and one of the few who still cant play the game that you paid 85 bucks for youd be singing a completely different tune..ill never for the life of me understand the mentality that some of the posters have on this board that its ok what this company has done..and now glory be its award able..im done here..before i puke all over myself..

i actually have wondered to myself how many posters here are employees of bethesda/obsidian..

Wow, that's really sad how negative you are. It sounds like you might have some personal issues that you need to deal with so you can stop taking your anger out on other people.
carrie roche

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:21 pm

Keep your tin-foil hat on the aliens are coming.
clelia vega

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Keep your tin-foil hat on the aliens are coming.

speaking of paranoia..if i had said something like that i would have been "suspended for flaming"..im just curious what will happen to you..seeing how long youve been here i bet nothing..
Jarrett Willis

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:03 pm

If FO3 did, then why not NV. Im STILL wondering how FO3 did, the game was buggy at release, and fixed, but the plot of the game was just silly
NV is still buggy, but the story and handwriting is better

Thats not funny dude.
Stu Clarke

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:41 am

Personally I think that the story, background and intricacy of New Vegas merits it's inclusion as a potential GOTY, despite the bugs and glitches it has/had.

I didn't encounter any bugs or glitches which were game breaking at least for myself (Yes I did manage to complete it before the patch), and also that a game of the style that New Vegas is will have bugs and glitches due to how complex the game it overall. The more complex the game/program the greater the chance of bugs and glitches cropping up, also the engine is causing it's share of bugs and glitches due to how it works.

What I think we have to bear in mind is that for Obsidian (at least as far as I know) the engine they used for Fallout New Vegas was new to them, so I can quite understand why some of what they did with it may be problematic as they didn't have a reasonable chance to become fully familiar with it's quirks.
Beast Attire

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:21 am

Eh NV got free roam, didn't have chance in the beginning due to the clumsy launch.
Chica Cheve

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:41 pm

Vote for this game for the following reasons.

1.Its Awesome

2. It is much more Linear.

3. if Cod Whens Then i will do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dGdz5JrCcU&feature=related (thats not me in that video)
Chloe Botham

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:42 am

I voted for Ace Atorney :bolt:

New Vegas have enough votes and my loyalty :fallout: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Lawrence Armijo

Post » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:01 am

Flaming and accusing members of being planted employees get this thread locked. Not to mention that the topic is better suited for Community discussion anyway.
Stephanie Nieves

Return to Fallout: New Vegas