Warhead won't UNINSTALL?

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:09 am

okay, so any time I go to play Warhead, and I load a new level, the bar gets to 100% then the game crashes, so I decided to uninstall the game.

unfortunately every time I go to uninstall either Warhead or Wars, I get the error message

"Invalid drive: F"

I dont have an F hard drive on my computer, I dont even have any ipod or thumb drive hooked up. even if I run anything as an administrator it wont work.

so obviously Im asking for help here.
Justin Hankins

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:32 am

ummm, I think the reason your game crashes is that you've applied a custom TOD and you are using your old TOD saves.
use EasyCleaner if that doesn't work it should let you uninstall it.

BTW, are you using torrent version? That could also be the problem
Céline Rémy

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:40 pm

Make sure you get the latest patches with the EA download-thing. Also make sure your meeting the minimum system requirements, and scan your PC for virus'
Campbell

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:27 am

I did not torrent the game, and yes I meet the requirements, but yes I am using a TOD, so Ill get rid of that first
Sheeva

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:45 am

[quote]ummm, I think the reason your game crashes is that you've applied a custom TOD and you are using your old TOD saves.
use EasyCleaner if that doesn't work it should let you uninstall it.

BTW, are you using torrent version? That could also be the problem[/quote]

Lol implosion wouldn't torrent the game. :D

Remove any and all mods you have first, and see if that works.
Taylor Bakos

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:49 am

Hey, I had the same problem, all you have to do is remap your drive in device manager to Drive F and put the Crysis disk in :) Also, try loading another save file, usually that works.
If you need help with the remapping, just post back here and I'll help you out, or check this out http://www.itechtalk.com/thread3400.html Two things that you must NOT do is remap drive with program assoications to it. Since its only your CD rom drive and you have no preexisting drive F, you shouldn't run into that problem though :)
Neliel Kudoh

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:13 pm

it pops up with a warning saying that some programs that rely on drive letters might not run correctly, should I just go ahead and change it?
Rodney C

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:30 am

[quote]it pops up with a warning saying that some programs that rely on drive letters might not run correctly, should I just go ahead and change it?[/quote]

If Crysis Warhead is the only program running on imaginary drive letters, then I don't see any new problems being brought up by actually moving it to an F drive. I am not 100% certain about this though. If you have an external HDD, you could backup your files first before you go ahead with the re-map, just to be on the safe side.
Lovingly

Return to Crysis