To Fallout Staff Regarding Critic Scores

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:21 am

Hi Bethesda Staff / Gamers,

I would think after upon all the bugs / glitches are fixed numerous websites should take a look again and give it a more suitable score. I was reading on *Gamespot* and they totally down played the game for what its worth. I honestly love the game and have not occurred 1 glitch yet on my ps3 version. :vaultboy:

What do y'all think?
Kathryn Medows

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:11 am

Whats done is done. They released the game to soon without enough bug testing, and the game suffered because of it. Hopefully they learned from it, and won't release a game in the state this game was, again. That said I never ran into anything terrible from bugs, but after the patches I have a lot of things screwed up lol, go figure
~Amy~

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:07 pm

Whats done is done. They released the game to soon without enough bug testing, and the game suffered because of it. Hopefully they learned from it, and won't release a game in the state this game was, again. That said I never ran into anything terrible from bugs, but after the patches I have a lot of things screwed up lol, go figure

I agree but it seems that they are downplaying the game without overlooking the bugs, I haven't seen anything at all wrong with the world yet. I'm only about 5 hours in though. Yea that happens sometimes with random patches being released. why i sold COD BO
ILy- Forver

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:31 pm

I could really care less about any "professional" review of any game. The only opinion about a game you're playing that matters is yours.
Fanny Rouyé

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:39 am

I could really care less about any "professional" review of any game. The only opinion about a game you're playing that matters is yours.

Thumbs up; good point. I usually stick on that statements only with Horror / Syfy Movies; Games for myself personally are usually 80/20 over the reviewer scores if in fact I check them out.
Guinevere Wood

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:11 am

True that.

I mean , how many of us have played and enjoyed a game the critics didn't like?

How many of us has a favorite film that the critics hated?

If you're going to base everything on reviews -which themselves are only personal opinions of the person doing the reviewing- then you may as well just have someone tell you directly which games to buy.

By all means, read the reviews to avoid actually buying a crap game, but go with your own judgement beyond that.
Sheila Reyes

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:45 am

i think it got a lot higher scores than it deserved..i wish every single reviewer got the unplayable versions that some of us WHO PAID FULL PRICE FOR THE GAME got..i wonder what scores it would have gotten then..
Mark

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:01 pm

I don't need any stinking :flamethrower: critics....I will make my own conclusions as to what I like or don't, and I can say I love my :fallout: NV

damn we need a NV icon

bigcrazewolf
MatthewJontully

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:36 pm

damn we need a NV icon
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/Gizmojunk/Vegas.gif
Stace

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:10 am

After the Sonic Unleashed fiasco of review by IGN, i never bothered to to watch reviews anymore
Jamie Moysey

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:39 am

Don't take "professional" reviewers seriously. I honestly think some of them get bribed to skew their reviews. In fact, don't take reviewers seriously at all. If you want to know if a game is good or bad play the game yourself.
kirsty williams

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:06 am

IGN gave FONV a 8.5 for your PS3 version, which is way above average (9.0 for PC!). I don't see what you're complaining about. They fairly acknowledged the bugs, but seemed to love the game overall. Do you normally only buy perfect 10s or something?
Catherine N

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:29 am

IGN gave FONV a 8.5 for your PS3 version, which is way above average (9.0 for PC!). I don't see what you're complaining about. They fairly acknowledged the bugs, but seemed to love the game overall. Do you normally only buy perfect 10s or something?

No, I just don't give in to hype. I made that mistake with F3. Besides, you only mentioned IGN. There are others like Gameinformer.
Erin S

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:25 pm

I could really care less about any "professional" review of any game.

So you do care at least a little bit about "professional" reviews. I see.
Jesus Lopez

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:34 am

I don't care as much about "professional" reviews as I used to. Instead I just use them as a guide when I'm contemplating whether or not I'm going to buy a game. IGN is one of the worst offenders when it comes to giving bad (by that I mean inaccurate) reviews on games.

I bought Fallout: New Vegas before I looked at any reviews. I didn't have major problems with it (my game froze once during an autosave and it corrupted my only save) so when I finally caved in and read the Gamespot review my reaction was essentially: "Are they playing the same game?"
Siobhan Wallis-McRobert

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:13 am

i made a error on my original post; damn ADD kicking in too much while I'm multitasking at work. ARRRGGH. I meant to say Gamespot....

also forgot to state that i usually buy any RPG/mmo type games such as Borderlands and Diablo. Fingers crossed for ps3 version.
Chantel Hopkin

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:02 am

Problem is you have to buy the game to judge it. Demos help some with that, but they are quite rare nowadays. Of course these ridiculous Steam sales help with games i'm not too sure about :D
Nick Pryce

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:01 pm

I had to force myself to skip many sections of reviews because they give away spoilers.... I know that is probably what they are paid to talk about so people will get interested, but at least they separated the technical comments from the spoilers in most articles. I use reviews as a guide by seeing how they comment on gameplay and if I think it is my style of preference I will buy the game even if the review is negative. I think the reviews I read for Fallout 2 were like 7.0 or at least not as good as Fallout 1 and once I played it I could not have disagreed more.
Saul C

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:07 am

i made a error on my original post; damn ADD kicking in too much while I'm multitasking at work. ARRRGGH. I meant to say Gamespot....

also forgot to state that i usually buy any RPG/mmo type games such as Borderlands and Diablo. Fingers crossed for ps3 version.

Gamespot gave it a 7.5, which is still a good score. The review is also fair. I don't understand all the hate for these review sites...

Game reviews are not like grades in school. 7.5 is not a C.
Rude_Bitch_420

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:38 am

Don't worry about it. Places like Gamespot gave MW2 a 9.0 which is quite laughable after IW's poor support and care for their multiplayer.
Rhiannon Jones

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:54 pm

The credibility of game review sites/publications went down the toilet many years ago. Now to be fair most of these entities do review only release-day state products for the most part. New Vegas was in a late beta stage on game release.

The really sad part is this whole affair will be forgotten about by 11/11/11 and we get to go through it all over again.
Camden Unglesbee

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:56 am

Honestly

The first impression is usually a lasting one.

That's especially true with games.

As much as I like F:NV it was definately released too soon. I enjoy the game like 5x more after the patch. They made a business decision to release it when they did, it should've been pushed back.
Francesca

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:19 pm

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/Gizmojunk/Vegas.gif

Oh wow awesome Gizmo good job :thumbsup: now we need to petition Bethesda to add it to the emoticons.

bigcrazewolf
Sweets Sweets

Return to Fallout: New Vegas