Crysis games

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:18 am

Dont know about you guys but I really hate to see game to game engine ratio being 1:1. That means for each engine crytec puts out there is one game published (in this case also expansion(Warhead)). I would like to see something happening. It is great that Crysis 2 will have new engine and that Crytec works on better graphics but i think it is a bit at the expense of doing less games. Crysis (the first) was great game but i feel like after publishing the game not much happened. Warhead was success (at least i think it was great) and i really hoped there would be more of these 'expansions' coming. For example as we had 'psycho' expansion it would be very neat to have also 'prophet 'expansion. Just several missions and few hours of gameplay with the same graphics and stuff so it would be low budged and fast to do. Personally i would welcome at least 2 more - maybe some even more secret team of soldiers in nanosuits on the other side of the island gathering tech intel on aliens, maybe secretely interfering with the old team. The possibilities are endless. Crytec could have created far more deep crysis universe by combining the stories of all these expansions together showing the same event from more than one (or two since we have warhead) sides.It would be so great to see how did the mothership appeared in the mountains and how aliens came to Earth Then another game serie would come out including Crysis 2 with new plentiful low budged expansions going over the story of New York.
But I am sad as this is not happening and after Warhead Crytec just cut off all this. New story, new enviroment, no (or little) connection to previous titles. Which means jungle is gone and we will never see it again. Also im really curious if new aliens will be the same as the old ones. So the second thing i dont like is the 'reboot' of the serie. Crysis 2 (at least as far as i know) will not be entirely following story of its predecessor but rather will start over. I know there will be some things that happened in the first game explained and i hope there will be enough conenction between crysis and crysis2.
I hope there will be more Crysis games on cryengine 3 this time and not another 3 year gap.
I personally would loved to see some crysis title (at least one minor) with story going over things in crysis1 - but i think it never happens just because it "would be stereotype". Crysis(or crysis 1 serie if i can say) was incredible game and my MOST FAVORITE one but it didnt fulfill some of my expectation. I hoped Crysis 2 would continue on the story on the island and maybe the third title would go bigger and world wide. So i really feel like the original crysis is gone forever and i would really like to know your opinions

Thanks Crytec for the great game , your eagerly crysis2 awaiting fan
djimi

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:36 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph
stevie trent

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:36 am

if you want to create something like this then crytek gave you the editor

you can design something like like :)

Flamers
Emmie Cate

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:06 am

CryMod.com
Marie

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:35 am

Crytek is probably working on at least 2 more games which i think will be CE3 based. and theyre licensing the engine. so more then enough games will come;)

oh and dont expect CE4 in the next 3years. there wont be new consoles for at least 4 years

unless CE4 will be PC only ofc:D
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:52 am

sorry about paragraphs
every idea went to a new line but i think the page deleted the spaces or something because i didnt write it in one block
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:06 pm

well i look forward to the development :)

also CE2 had Crysis 1, Warhead and Wars, by my count thats 3...

Flamers
Michael Korkia

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:06 am

It costs a lot of money to develop games - and the only time you get any money back is when you release it.

CryEngine1 got a reputation as requiring something akin to a supercomputer to run it at a decent FPS rate, and sales for it weren't as high as it could have been. Bear in mind, for the Unreal3 engine, Epic Games created only 4 of their own games - Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Unreal Tournament 3 and Shadow Complex - but it always requires a lot of money to do so.

Fact is? Crysis was more meant to be showcasing the engine. Crytek's main asset is their engines that generally prove to be the most technologically advanced when they're released and CryEngine3 is no exception.

TL;DR - Crysis 1 didn't sell as well as it coulda done, development costs aren't cheap, and their main asset is their engine, which i've a feeling licenses for are going to be selling like mad after E3.
Jessie Butterfield

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:21 am

[quote]sorry about paragraphs
every idea went to a new line but i think the page deleted the spaces or something because i didnt write it in one block[/quote]
Oh, I'm sorry for being a dike about it then :P
Luis Longoria

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:18 am

Idea of crysis being JUST for showing off the capabilities of the engine havent really crossed my mind - but i think Crytec aims for making their own engine AND being game developing studio so their titles wouldn be just showing off the engines
expenses for creating game must be horrible but i think titles as warhead pays off - little game based on what's been created for the main game
simply said i really want some expansions or DLC and im willing to pay for it
Judy Lynch

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:46 am

[quote]Idea of crysis being JUST for showing off the capabilities of the engine havent really crossed my mind - but i think Crytec aims for making their own engine AND being game developing studio so their titles wouldn be just showing off the engines
expenses for creating game must be horrible but i think titles as warhead pays off - little game based on what's been created for the main game
simply said i really want some expansions or DLC and im willing to pay for it[/quote]
Don't forget that they also sell their engines for other game companies to use :)
Danii Brown

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:16 am

Well there are more games that use CryEngine 2 and not just games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryEngine2#Games_using_CryEngine2
Also some that use the CryEngine3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryEngine_3#Games_using_the_CryEngine3
Not sure about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.2 but I would sure love to see it with the masterpiece that is the CE3.
Neil

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:54 pm

[quote][quote]sorry about paragraphs

every idea went to a new line but i think the page deleted the spaces or something because i didnt write it in one block[/quote]

[/quote]

i didnt take it personally, there are lots of trolls, spammers, people making mess from forums and there is no way you can tell who is who

with every post im trying to be efficient, concrete and i post as little as needed (so no posts telling people to stop spamming cause they wont stop and in the end it just adds more silly posts to the forum

but i would seriously wanted to know if there are more people thinking crysis 1 story deserves not to die so easily
neil slattery

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:51 pm

[quote][quote]

[quote]sorry about paragraphs

every idea went to a new line but i think the page deleted the spaces or something because i didnt write it in one block[/quote][/quote]

i didnt take it personally, there are lots of trolls, spammers, people making mess from forums and there is no way you can tell who is who

with every post im trying to be efficient, concrete and i post as little as needed (so no posts telling people to stop spamming cause they wont stop and in the end it just adds more silly posts to the forum

but i would seriously wanted to know if there are more people thinking crysis 1 story deserves not to die so easily[/quote]
TOTALLY!

I mean Prophet just Leeroy Jenkins'd back to the island, I really want to know what happened to him!

My working theory is that Prohpet is, in fact, an alien. If you think about it, it makes sense.
Kaley X

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:15 pm

or maybe Prophet is just a cool guy, but yeh would be nice if more games were brought out for each engine :P but atleast CE3 has console capabilties so i can finally play crysis wit my friends :D
IsAiah AkA figgy

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:14 pm

[quote]or maybe Prophet is just a cool guy, but yeh would be nice if more games were brought out for each engine :P but atleast CE3 has console capabilties so i can finally play crysis wit my friends :D[/quote]
He was a cool guy in the ice level, that's for sure!
lolly13

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:37 am

yeah crysis surely suffers from hardware requirements and if you are able to play split screen on xbox and maxed out it must be very good experience

another thing: test drive unlimited 2 heared rumours that it runs on cryengine anyone?
Daniel Holgate

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:54 am

i have no idea on that, but test drive got realy boring realy fast.

and as i remember cryengine 2 was used to make crysis 1 + warhead. cryengine 1 was used for farcry(first one)

i just hope my pc can keep up with this one, ive put lots of money into my pc this year
Alan Whiston

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:52 am

Soet read my last post above :P

the license from the engine is where crytek make there money :)

Flamers
Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:21 am

Lol awesome
Vera Maslar

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:49 am

o am not so sure crytec has their money from game engines - there is not so many games based on cryengine
Ernesto Salinas

Return to Crysis