Should Crysis Developer play COD, or BC2??

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:18 am

Hi,

i dont want to start a disskussion abbout this games. crysis is a very good game but what we know:
1. crysis has an good singleplayer ( linke this two other games )
but
2. multiplayer is a little bit of crap for me
i want you tell why
- the serverbrowser is not the best
- in multiplayer there are on most servers no teams or squads ( like you playing deathmatch everywhere )
- only 2 gamemodes ( the two other games can do this better... )
- helicopters cant be stopt with rocket launcher ( no log in or something ), and how they fly... i dont need to tell
- and what svcks is that somewhere on the hills, about feeled 100miles away, a sniper shots you in your head and your dead o_O

whats the conclusion for me, i would buy the game for singelplayer, but for multiplayer ( if its the same like in crysis or wars ) i wouldnt buy it.
its only a thing that bothers me... but i dont think im the only one who think this

kind regars loc
Kortniie Dumont

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:31 pm

I think that they should not play none of them and do it differently than it is done in COD or in BC2
Kevan Olson

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:13 pm

Frankly I find that hard to understand you saying Crysis has bad multiplayer. It's my favorite, game mode is perfect matches are long, has vehicles, in-game ranking, you need to be good to do good not a game where they make it easy like cod, or bc2. It's very nice addition not half assed done like mw2 but I guess everyone is different.
Tracey Duncan

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:04 am

Only thing i do want in Crysis 2 that there is in BC2 is destroy buildings, and they probably will get it anyway so nah.
Vickey Martinez

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 pm

[quote]Only thing i do want in Crysis 2 that there is in BC2 is destroy buildings, and they probably will get it anyway so nah.[/quote]
The destructible environment would be nice, but also look at the maps in Crysis Wars there isn't a lot of small buildings to destroy.
KRistina Karlsson

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:19 pm

I loved the single player too but barely played online at all. It got very frustrating when you've saved up to buy a decent weapon, nades and everything only to get killed in an instant by someone camping in the bushes on the other side of the map. I've played MW2, BC2 and CS:S, and found CS:S was the best to get into a game (especially with the steam server list, you don't even have to be ingame to choose your server, then with all the filters and such you can find your perfect server). BC2 has the best multi-player gameplay out of all of them with pretty much instant action (almost no waiting around to get into a match, and you spawn a couple of seconds after you die).
Also in BC2 you get a fixed set of weapons every life, (unlike CS:S which can be frustrating), which improve the more you play.

In my opinion Crysis multiplayer would have to have BC2 dynamics in order to be as successful as those other multiplayer games.
Chelsea Head

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:19 pm

I hated the SP but loved the MP - Does that make me mad?
Stacyia

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:43 am

[quote]Does that make me mad?[/quote]
Yes, Yes it does.
ILy- Forver

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:55 am

[quote]Only thing i do want in Crysis 2 that there is in BC2 is destroy buildings, and they probably will get it anyway so nah.[/quote]

Same thing i want!! ?n crysis 2 destructible environment is available but not %100 like destroying whole bulding.....imo they must put it in crysis 2......
Karl harris

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:39 pm

I believe that developers, should play all sort's of game's, after all they are fan's of video-games. And yeah, fully destructible environment's are awesome!
Vicky Keeler

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:09 pm

[quote]I believe that developers, should play all sort's of game's, after all they are fan's of video-games. And yeah, fully destructible environment's are awesome![/quote] Couldn't agree more.
MarilĂș

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:47 pm

yes sure, but the number of players playing crysis online isnt realy high at all. in comperisation of the other games ( ok its older ) it seams that many ppl only play it for a short period, this means, there is something thats bothers them. ( even if i start Battlefield 2, there are more servers and players up... )
Tai Scott

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:27 pm

I know for a fact a crap load of the developers play/played BC2 very frequently.
NEGRO

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:14 am

Well, many of you may not know, but Crytek staff members were playing BC2! I'm being serious! Here's some proof:

http://crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=60905&hilight=bad+company

I don't know if it's still running or not, but there you go. Also, to answer the question stated by the topic creator, yes, Developers should play games. Many of us young aspiring game developers have to play games. When we go and design a game up, we need ideas, so these games represent inspiration.

The question you asked was stating something obvious, after all, how can Crytek make a game without being inspired?! :P
Farrah Lee

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:12 am

I think the Crysis Dev should play CoD and BF2, only to understand the flaws in that game so we dont mimic it here.

- The idea of squads are awesome from BF2, being able to re-spawn on your teammates and help them out. The flaw in that however is that Crysis is a game were you capture bases by being in them, the more people in that building you're trying to capture the faster it is captured. We cant have that it will be abused too much.

- Destructible Environments is pretty much putting yourself in a Micheal Bay movie, we've seen one hit kills with launchers and grenade launcher in CoD and BF2. Sure it looks cool but it can still be abused. Having tanks be able to shoot down key points and grenade and rocket launches one shot everything to the point there is absolutely no cover. Pretty much you have to be in a vehicle all the time to be able to survive a bunch player abusing the launcher, tubing and vehicle. It doesn't promote the "foot soldier" aspect of the game. FPS is about skills of the bullet not being explosive all the time.

- If anything, the only disappointment with Crysis one is that there were way too many Vehicles people would sit in one spot with a vehicles spamming a re-spawn, not only that if you jump into a game that just started you have to start off with a pistol while everyone else who started the game before you has an assault guns and/or rifles. You can bet this chased away a lot of players. So pretty much you had prepare to die a few times before actually getting your weapon of choice.

- It'd be nice if you have a rank system in which you can just rank up for weapons and rifles like CoD (BF2 was just straight up grind). There should be some weapons that should only be used via money and energy like the Gauss Rifles and Ray Gun since it can be heavily abused in the game if the whole team were to choose it. We can still make use of the money system for Resupplying, Vehicles, and tools. However like I said before, leave the Gauss Rifle, Ray Guns, and etc (Enter OP weapon here) for money only and have the Assault Rifles, Pistols, Sniper Rifles, and Launchers in the rank system
Haley Cooper

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:22 am

Crytek shouldn't play CoD, as its just useful to Activision for money, they don't care about the customers.

BC2 on the other hand is a great game and has many similarities to Crysis/Wars such as large maps, snipers killing you from far etc..
Crystal Birch

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:11 am

I think I've generally heard something along the lines of "Yeah, they should play, just to learn from past examples [good or bad]." I think I can agree with that.

I have at least 40 hours of gameplay in either game, so I don't think it's unfair for me to have an opinion on them. And soo.. here are those opinions.

I can think of a few things from COD:MW2 that I like very much, that, I think, would also help Crysis 2:

-You don't need to stop holding sprint to sight in. Sighting in cancels the sprint. Sighting in is increasingly having a bigger part of gameplay in FPS. There are countless situations in which sighting in is ideal. So, don't make such a crucial action so hard to access. Call me a dork, but I play Airsoft. When I'm running and I want to sight in, I pull up my sights and start lining them up. I'm actively focused on sighting in on the target and somewhat subconciously, I guess, I am adjusting my running speed to keep my aim steady. The two actions, slowing down and sighting in, are supposed to come hand-in-hand; Without hesitation or stutter. It's just a big DUH. Enforcing, through the game controls, that the two actions be taken seperately seems so very stupid... so very counter intuitive. To me, it makes much sense for sighting in to cancel the sprint. And that it doesn't take however many eternities after you hit your sight-in key to actually sight in.

-Strafing to the sides while running. Well, in Crysis, when you move, it feels like you're on top of a rolling ball. You slide off and around obstacles and you can instantly change strafe direction with no problem. It feels very much like a camera rather than some kind of human character that you are playing and it takes away from the immersion. In COD, it feels very much like you are carried by two legs. Your view noticeably sways from side to side and up&down as you sprint. And when you encounter obstacles, jump off of things, or change strafe directions, there are slight awkward pauses in your movement that make it feel like there's stuttering in your footwork. It makes your movement through the level feel like feet that are actually adjusting to the terrain and the different running conditions.

Now, Bad Company 2..

-A negative comment: You get stuck on stuff. All. The. Time. Twigs, pieces of fence, rocks, some kind of low lying obstacle.. you know how it goes. The movement in the game is a lot like the "bally-ness" in Crysis that I described. Except this ball is not perfectly rigid. It gets poked, hooked, and caught on EVERYTHING. The movement's just so clumsy. It makes the game seem so cheap and poorly put together.
-Minor negative comments: It takes forever to reload. I mean come on... huuuuuurrrrrrryyyyy uuuuuuuuupppppp..! Also, going back to how I said sighting in was so important. This game does cancel the sprint when you sight in. But it's cancel. Then sight in. It's almost like there's this tiny pause between the two actions. In the middle of a firefight, it feels like forever.

Well, I can't really think of anything in BC2 that I'd want in Crysis 2. The squad system is okay.. Can be useful to you, but infuriating when reinforcements instantly materialize behind the enemy you're about to kill. I like how Crysis didn't have a squad system, I liked using voice comms outside of the game, and the simple "Highlight teammate's name" tool that it had. Crysis had this extra virgin feel, where nothing was overdone. I don't know, maybe some things were underdone though, haha.
Damned_Queen

Return to Crysis