Installation time of the game

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:39 pm

I was installing New Vegas but suddenly a steam message came up saying that steam were busy but when I clicked the game menu I saw that New Vegas was updating. I have waited 20 minutes or maybe more but it is only at 24%. Is that normal? And could it only be the update that takes long or is it installing?

Thank you.

Marcus Alexander
lexy

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:11 am

Installing, most likely. It's a big game.
Baylea Isaacs

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:33 am

I had no end of trouble - I am still awaiting to play the game....

You have to just leave it - and then after a while it will work ~ an hour for me.

Then - and this is the part I am loving, you have to re-download the entire game from Steam??????????. Whats the point of the DVD?

It is a real shame that they have done this cause I know what will happen next, an update wuill come out in the middle of you playing and you will have to wait another 4 hours to play the game - without a choice. This is very frustrating and for me I will end up giving up on it just like my old Steam games cause I just don't have the time. I don't play online and unless it's not working - I don't need the updates - we should be able to choose.

I can't wait to play the game though :) Fallout 3 was awesome, can't wait to get into this one.
Donatus Uwasomba

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:34 am

Took me 5 minutes to install it on my PC.
Meghan Terry

Return to Fallout: New Vegas