Loved Fallout 3

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:45 pm

I heard/seen a lot about bugs and crashing, is thoose issues fixed yet? ie. How many of you are still having troubles after the patches?

Merry x-mas - Lars
Tessa Mullins

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:56 am

It has mostly been fixed.

Even with the bugs it is superb game. Best game ive played in a long time.
Niisha

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:38 pm

No gamebreaking glitches just some really annoying ones like losing companions.... WHY ED-E WHY!!!!
James Rhead

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:21 am

I experience a small texture bug every once in awhile just like I did with Oblivion and Fallout 3.
The game crashes maybe 2 times a month, just like with Oblivion and Fallout 3.
And there are some animations that sorta spaz out or glide across the room, just like Oblivion and Fallout 3.

So bugs?
Some people experience HEAVY bugs, glitches and crashes.
But since I don't, yes, buy the game.

But a question though.
Did you love the exploration aspect of Fallout 3?
Cause then you might be disappointed with New Vegas.
Kate Norris

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:53 am

Played on pc, no real problems before the patch, none after the patch apart from the odd ctd.

Started on XBox after the patch was downloaded and no problems at all so far. So I have to say yes, get the game. :)
Matt Bigelow

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:24 pm

I heard/seen a lot about bugs and crashing, is thoose issues fixed yet? ie. How many of you are still having troubles after the patches?

Merry x-mas - Lars

The pc and xbox versions seem to be ok. Ive got it for the PS3 and once your quite high up in level it crashes n freezes every 40 mins or so. kinda ruined it for me. Thought they would have fixed all those problems fromFO3, but there actually a bit worse
~Sylvia~

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:41 am

coming from an unbias, non ADD 14 yo fan b0y and F3 vet... yes, definatly buy FNV... the world is much more alive, intricate and well thought out.

there is a more human element though... ie less super mutant blasting and more factions vying for power.

much more replayability also.

and the bugs must be system specific.. ive had none worse than i did with oblivion/F3.
Ronald

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:34 pm

Merry x-mas - Lars

The majority of people are not having major problems. Even a majority of those having problems are still able to play; the problems are not game-ending. You'll see the problems posted in the Hardware/Software forums. You'll even see me in there although most of my problems have been fixed on PS3 and PC. I decided to learn to mod after I got the PS3 version is why I have two. Is your system good? The game itself is fantastic and if you can deal with some problems, you'll definitely want to get it. I'm over 350 hours in two games...that's getting your money's worth in my book. :)

Yes, I save often...still trying to optimize my settings on this computer if I can figure that out.

Happy Holidays. :)
Tamara Primo

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:50 pm

I experience a small texture bug every once in awhile just like I did with Oblivion and Fallout 3.
And there are some animations that sorta spaz out or glide across the room, just like Oblivion and Fallout 3.

So bugs?

But a question though.

I loved the exploration aspect, but i can do with a little less nps.
Why did you ask, is there much less of that in new vegas?

Att: Kicenna. I run a msi K9N Neo, duo amd 5000+, Radeon 5770, 2 gig memory etc etc..
And yes i agree, if i had 350+ hrs ingame its worth it, that kinda answer i was looking for :)

thanks for all the replies
LijLuva

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:40 am

I loved the exploration aspect, but i can do with a little less nps.
Why did you ask, is there much less of that in new vegas?

You can explore, but there are far less dungeons in NV and the loot is seldom any good.
djimi

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:32 am

I do a lot of exploring and messing around with the companions in the Mojave. I love the different companions. It's possible to complete the Main Quest a lot faster but the game is rich with detail so why would I? Have a good time. :)
Eilidh Brian

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:35 am

Don't know what some are smoking, but I've logged at least 50 hours into this game by now, and I've spent a lot of time exploring. The world is just as open as the one in Fallout 3. You can go anywhere from the start. It's just that there are much more geographic obstacles in your way.

I'm having a great time exploring the Mojave. At least as much, if not more, than I did in Fallout 3.
Fam Mughal

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:57 am

The only time I had a problem with the game was when I went to black mountain and it kept on freezing (360). But anyways its an amazing game in my opinion, and most of the controls and stuff are the same. So you wont have a hard time adjusting.
(G-yen)

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:06 pm

Merry x-mas - Lars

If you loved FO3 you will love NV and the bugs have been fixed...mostly but over all I feel NV is better than FO3 but I love the FO world anyway :fallout:

bigcrazewolf
joseluis perez

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:53 pm

Merry x-mas - Lars

Now that the new patch came out it's worth a buy now, most problems have vanished... but new ones have appeared I guess. Although I bought it anyway on release becuase New Vegas is Fallout 3 to me. I don't acknowledge the "other" game that bethesda made its not cannon to me
Miranda Taylor

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Its worth the purchase. You get more then your moneys worth. The game still has a few issues, but overall very stable, for me at least.
Jonathan Windmon

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:51 pm

Fallout NV is an amazing game, so don't let the bugs and glitches put you off, and the remaining ones will soon be patched, but beware when you get to about 100-120+ it really slows down the loading screens, but its still a good game (you will be like this when it starts to slow down :brokencomputer: )
Cartoon

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:21 am

I decided to try energy weapons after the last patch and they are pretty fun now and a lot of the companions were rebalanced so they are all pretty useful (ED-E got lucky and took out a ghoul reaver at level 6 solo).
+++CAZZY

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:42 pm

Merry x-mas - Lars

The game is basically made of awesome, bugs and all (on PC at least you can work around most of them, so in the grand sceme of things they are no biggie, really) crashes are few and far between, for me anyways.
Having played FO3 though you may >>SPOILER<< be royally dissapointed with the ending, as they decided not to learn from the past and re-make FO3's original ending mistake ;)
Sxc-Mary

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:43 am

So bugs?

But a question though.

This, it depends on what you liked, most of the game is very sinilar to FO3 but tweeked and moulded ino something else in a subtle but strong way.
Free roaming is still possible even at early levels it just requires knowing tthe game rules and forming tactics.
luis dejesus

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:54 am

If you like Fallout 3 for it's open-world exploration aspect, you will be disappointed, however as a role-playing game, and a game, it's much better. As for bugs, i haven't encountered any mahor bugs. Except an ending that crashed, but several others since have worked fine.
Marquis deVille

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:43 pm

I haven't had any issues since the patch. It honestly seems to run better than Fallout 3. Anyways, I wasn't a Fallout 3 fan, but I really like New Vegas, so I can't say for sure if you'll like it. I love it, though.
Flash

Return to Fallout: New Vegas