Feedback about the new gamesas

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:13 pm

Ok I usually don't like to create this kind of thread but here it goes:

My suggestions:

- Drop the current forum system (that is not a real forum system) and put the old one. Change the design, do whatever you want to do, but keep a REAL POWERFUL forum system

- ALLOW BACKGROUND COSTUMIZATION: When the forum is read in low light conditions this black background really makes hurt the eyes... ESPECIALLY with this SMALL FONT

- Dinamize the website. It's really poor now. It had a good and active community and now the site is boring and static

- Add more content, including all the patches, etc...

To be perfectly onest I think the old site was better even thought it had those annoyingly slow flash menus and the design was not the best. But it worked and did it's job. And I don't think that this site does it's job - supporting a gamer community that it's about to get bigger.

IF THE SITE CAN'T HANDLE current users how it will be when the new game is released and people start looking for patches and content.

You know I am a old community member that already runned 3 servers and I don't think this site will do it's job, at its current format.
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:25 am

that's very nice and well written too bad Crytek doesn't care. We had a problem like this with Wars and nothing got done :p lol so its no hope a
Jessica Colville

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:25 am

Yeah its sad when you cant even edit/delete a post and BBCode (almost wrote BBQ) dont work :/
Is it just me or did the site turn red? :S Oh well it must be my eyes that are bleeding :(

Cool feature though: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

that will most likely brake the page ;)
Shiarra Curtis

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:45 pm

back to the old foum
Stu Clarke

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:59 am

"Another thing, where the hell is Crytek staff ? Not seen a post on here since yesterday."

Probably having a bear on their local pub ;)

Well this is E3 week. Maybe some of them are in the US and so they are not even monitoring the site...

I had big expectations about this new gamesas when it was announced... Something was telling me that Crytek would mess it up. Beleive me.
Shelby Huffman

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:02 am

I agree, although the design is pretty slick, the functionality is not good at all.

Sometimes, I open multiple threads using 'open in new window,' but this time you have to precisely right click on 'Discuss' to even get the menu.
Fanny Rouyé

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:27 am

@tangosmango

Same thing here.
STEVI INQUE

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:48 am

I like the layout and design, it is something new I haven't really seen much of. The functionality could be improved greatly though. Like show who made the last post and make each box an actually button so when you right click you can open in new tab. We need functions like edit and it needs to be put on a better server.

The forums also need a lot more organization. Keep the same idea just figure out a way to organize it and what not.
Chris Guerin

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:59 am

I love it! Way better than the old one!
Chloe Yarnall

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:53 am

Great suggestions there - hope they get listened to as good constructive feedback.
A Boy called Marilyn

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Well, I think a few things should change:

1. The font size, too small, my eyes hurt as well. If they change it to 11px maybe then everybody will agree.

2. Options for changing the view topic section of the forums. E.g. show the old linear concept which the old forum had, and this new one as well. Until the options setting is fully extended, it can be added.

3. The rest of the interactive features (Avatars, signatures, you know the rest).

No. 3 will be coming shortly. Also, everything will change in due course whenever it happens. Also, ARTIC_EAGLE, stop being so bloody negative, either reply here with some suggestions, or don't at all. Your choice.
Stephanie Nieves

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:46 pm

This is more of an inconsistency/error. In the Hot Zones box, where it lists the "Global Infection" percentages, Australia is listed as "06%". However, the Middle East is listed as just "2%". For the sake of consistency, wouldn't it be better to list either the ME with 02% or Australia as 6%? I'm leaning towards the former because all the other percentages are double digits
Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:53 am

@redguard, could it be that one of those percentages is actually missing a decimal point?

I agree with all the suggestions above, but am willing to wait and see what happens over the next week. As miguel3 stated, it is E3 at the moment so they could be concentrating on that, but also this site has only just gone up and it could take some time to get round to implementing new suggestions.

I say we cut the gamesas team some slack as (as far as I can make out) they have been working hard to get the site launched and published to all their servers, as well as possibly fixing some things already (that we may not even know about).
Dalton Greynolds

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:38 am

Offtopic: All hail Cell_666.

Anyway, I agree with the OP.

The new site is very bad, I preferred the old one
Vivien

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:35 am

Some suggestions from myself:

1. Font size:
The size of the font is really, really small. I'm someone who has bad eye sight (Although in part anyways), and I find it hard to read the forum. Unless this is for those who put their faces literally in front of the monitor, the size feels unacceptable. As a web designer, I've learnt that many websites have to be user friendly, in this case "size friendly" as well. You can't just say "Hey, I'm gonna make the font small cause I like it that way", you have to think about the user.

2. Alternative forum views:
Although I like this view (IMO), I think the others deserve to be thought about as well. Many users have said they prefer the old style. I can see what they mean. Not many people are use to this view, so is it possible to make two alternative forum layouts? Return to the long linear version, or stick with the default, which is this one? Hopefully this makes sense.

3. Increase the Post width box:
This may be an optional thing, but if the font size does get increased, I recommend you to expand the post box where our posts are shown. So our post don't look all crammed in.

4. More graphics:
I like the layout you guys have made, but there's no real good pictures, e.g like a banner. I hope you guys can add more graphics based on the game, rather than keep it simplistic.

5. Search feature:
It's not here, I know that. Hopefully you can add this addition soon.

I know there's more things to be added, but just letting you all know how I feel about it.
Nichola Haynes

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:58 am

Agree with most of the above sugestions, but patches are allready on, Look Under Support
louise hamilton

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:01 pm

I don#t know the old "gamesas" website, ut i like this one, because it's really neatly arranged. Not so many big topic but at the dicussions there are to many threads. Most of them exists two or three times.

But good site for a good game.
Brittany Abner

Return to Crysis