Lasers and speedmode

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:20 am

In the previous Crysis Wars an etremely fast passed type of gameplay was introduced with speedmode and Laser attachment modules. In the gameplay videos there isn't any proof that there will be a laser attachment for the guns. Will there? I sincerely hope you won't remove this crucial element of gameplay.
Causon-Chambers

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:35 am

I'm hoping the laser implementation of Crysis is used. I can't stand how the laser reduces spread substantially in Crysis Wars, as its pretty much get a laser or die gameplay.

As for speedmode, we know circle jumping is out of the question because of the new power mode, and the glitch will be fixed in Crysis 2. Its probable that Crysis 2 will be slower paced because of these changes.
Kate Schofield

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:28 pm

You might have to unlock the laser after a certain amount of experience points, level, etc..
suzan

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Lasers should no doubt be included, and in my opinion power mode should be brought back to its original form of strength and speed mode. Speed mode was indeed an important factor in the fast placed gameplay of Crysis and it would svck that every time I tried to jump while running fast it would be 10 feet in the air.
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:04 am

[quote]I'm hoping the laser implementation of Crysis is used. I can't stand how the laser reduces spread substantially in Crysis Wars, as its pretty much get a laser or die gameplay.

As for speedmode, we know circle jumping is out of the question because of the new power mode, and the glitch will be fixed in Crysis 2. Its probable that Crysis 2 will be slower paced because of these changes.[/quote]
[quote]I'm hoping the laser implementation of Crysis is used. I can't stand how the laser reduces spread substantially in Crysis Wars, as its pretty much get a laser or die gameplay.

As for speedmode, we know circle jumping is out of the question because of the new power mode, and the glitch will be fixed in Crysis 2. Its probable that Crysis 2 will be slower paced because of these changes.[/quote]
I totally agree. The warhead spread reduction was just way too extreme.
naome duncan

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:44 pm

[quote]I'm hoping the laser implementation of Crysis is used. I can't stand how the laser reduces spread substantially in Crysis Wars, as its pretty much get a laser or die gameplay.[/quote]

Same here but I think the new nanosuit will have an alternate way of aiming.

Off-Topic: Why am I the only one with the face of the nano.
Riky Carrasco

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:37 am

[quote][quote]I'm hoping the laser implementation of Crysis is used. I can't stand how the laser reduces spread substantially in Crysis Wars, as its pretty much get a laser or die gameplay.[/quote]

Same here but I think the new nanosuit will have an alternate way of aiming.

Off-Topic: Why am I the only one with the face of the nano.[/quote]
Everyone sees themselves as the face for some reason. Hopefully they'll implement avatars again O_O
cutiecute

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:51 pm

I completely agree, power mode and no inclusion of a laser would be disappointing to me. Power mode seems annoying, how would you jump in speed mode and not go 10 feet in the air? And without a laser I am afraid the gameplay will be somewhat generic and very slow. I say increase the spread slightly from the wars but also increase the recoil a decent amount.

The ability to strafe and circle jump is also very important. These two elements give the game a unique gameplay that I love more than any other game out there.
keri seymour

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:37 pm

[quote]I completely agree, power mode and no inclusion of a laser would be disappointing to me. Power mode seems annoying, how would you jump in speed mode and not go 10 feet in the air? And without a laser I am afraid the gameplay will be somewhat generic and very slow. I say increase the spread slightly from the wars but also increase the recoil a decent amount.

The ability to strafe and circle jump is also very important. These two elements give the game a unique gameplay that I love more than any other game out there.[/quote]
Weren't those confirmed bugs that the community just didn't want them to remove?
Leanne Molloy

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 am

I can't imagine Crysis 2 without customizable weapons :O
Nick Jase Mason

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:34 am

yeah the laser will probs be in there, i reember the gameplay liek teh alpha etc of crysis 1 not showing the laser in it.

power mode sounds like a bad move, the speed + strength modes in crysis is what really set the game apart from others for me. i hope crysis hasnt lost its edge and fast gameplay.

bring on a suit demonstration at e3 plz xD
glot

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:42 pm

If there isnt laser i will crawl into a hole and die :P
Dawn Porter

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:17 pm

There better be lasers! I don't see why they would get rid of them everyone loves the lasers.
Stu Clarke

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:06 am

[quote]And without a laser I am afraid the gameplay will be somewhat generic and very slow.[/quote]
Ahh actually, not in the least. BC2 doesnt have lasers. CSS doesnt have lasers. BF2142 doesnt have lasers. Cod 2 didnt have lasers. Those games were FAR from generic and very slow. The only reason you want a laser is because of how OP it made weapons. Lasers RUINED crysis multiplayer in wars. If you didnt have a laser on your gun there was no point to even go up against a GOOD player with a laser. You would lose everytime.

[quote]There better be lasers! I don't see why they would get rid of them everyone loves the lasers.[/quote]

No everyone doesnt. They ruined wars with the laser. The majority of people actually hated the reliance one needed on the laser to be competitive. Time splitters team is doing mp as far as I know and I expect their balance to be fantastic.
Lance Vannortwick

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:19 am

Sorry but I really never liked the action style of Wars. The old crysis had a more slow style and required more target skill.

Its primary the speed shooting combination that often engages in a bug using fight. I do however want some sort of laser to be included as an attachment for the weapons.
Thats all.
Chris Duncan

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm

if there are not lasers or speed mode it will ruin the style of gameplay we are all use to and enjoy and ill be very piss
Farrah Lee

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:07 am

Never used the laser, I always aim down the sight.
Aaron Clark

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:01 am

No laser, simple use a frag or other explosive device, lmao. no seriously, whan i was actually in the army, we didnt have any of the laser b/s, but if we missed we sure got our cobbles stomped on, laser is only an aid, and shudnt grossly affect spread, but a bit yes i would understand, :D
Unstoppable Judge

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:13 am

I tell a lie, it was just at an experimental stage in all sorts of wierd forms, for tanks only, but as I remember it, not much good, especially when it rained hard :D
Emma-Jane Merrin

Return to Crysis