Why all the lisbian copmpanions

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:21 pm

I have played this game to conclusion with almost every companion available and all but Cass are lisbians. Why in the world would you even create more than one companion that was gay when you have set up a potential romantic scenario between the courier and their companions via the abilities selection that seem to hint at a man/woman relationship. I guess if the developers were all gay then that would explain it. Personally just the thought of a sixual relationship between two women or two men makes me gag. But then I am a straight guy who only likes women so maybe I am biased.
Kirsty Wood

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:28 am

Honestly I liked F:NV bringing in Homosixuality, Having most of them portayed as normal people instead of cliches like television does has eased alot of my negative opinions towards homosixuality, Arcade in particular helped me have a more respectful and accepting attitudes towards gays and lisbians. :shrug:

Edit: Wait, only Arcade and Veronica are gay, and apparently the game implies Cass is at least Bi, since she doesnt care who she shares a bed with if she's drunk. Raul, Boone, ED-E, Rex arent gay or their orientation is never mentioned. So 3 out of 7 companions isnt 'alot'

Edit Edit: Forgot Lilly
Je suis

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:02 pm

There's two homosixual companions; Arcade and Veronica.

Lily is a nightkin
Rex is a dog
Boone had a wife
Cass isn't a lisbian
Raul is....Raul.
Leanne Molloy

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:28 am

Buddy, there are a lot of reasons. Such as equal rights (not for women, but for gays). Honestly, I'm a guy who's girls only, but it's not really that bad if they feel attracted to each other.
Manuel rivera

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:29 am

I don't have a problem with it. Makes the fallout world feel real.
BRIANNA

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:48 am

I have played this game to conclusion with almost every companion available and all but Cass are lisbians. Why in the world would you even create more than one companion that was gay when you have set up a potential romantic scenario between the courier and their companions via the abilities selection that seem to hint at a man/woman relationship. I guess if the developers were all gay then that would explain it. Personally just the thought of a sixual relationship between two women or two men makes me gag. But then I am a straight guy who only likes women so maybe I am biased.

I didn't know Lily, ED-E, and Rex were lisbians :biggrin: but honestly, it feels refreshing to finally have some characters be homosixual and have that be part of their personality. Hell, unless you ask Veronica a certain question you'd never know that she was a lisbian. I'm glad that we have some homosixual companions and they aren't all flamboyant or treated like crap but like normal people. I know because Arcade Gannon was my companion and he was just awesome. P.S. I'm a straight male and chose the lady killer responses so don't think I'm biased
Bigze Stacks

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:51 am

Sorry but the reality is that within the post apocalyptic world that Fallout New Vegas is set in you will never be able to begin repopulating the planet with homosixual/lisbian relationships. What you are saying may work when you are talking about the world we currently live in but within the game world setting it is a prescription for the demise of the human race. One would have thought that the developers would have built that into the game but obviously not in this release ... maybe they will fix it in later patches or releases if there are any.
scorpion972

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:20 am

Sorry but the reality is that within the post apocalyptic world that Fallout New Vegas is set in you will never be able to begin repopulating the planet with homosixual/lisbian relationships. What you are saying may work when you are talking about the world we currently live in but within the game world setting it is a prescription for the demise of the human race. One would have thought that the developers would have built that into the game but obviously not in this release ... maybe they will fix it in later patches or releases if there are any.

They did veronica has to deal with the BoS thinking much the same way you do. Which is everyone must reproduce. It adds to the game it adds to humanity with fallout is about.
Andrew Perry

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:40 am

I don't recall New Vegas indicating the entire population was gay. Despite ones personal feelings, even two hundred years after an atomic war, there will still be gay people, just as there will be jerks, bullies, nice guys, straights, religion, etc. It's a fact of life, accept it, don't like it? Then I'm sorry you have such a narrow minded view.
Monika Krzyzak

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:33 am

I didn't know Lily, ED-E, and Rex were lisbians :biggrin: but honestly, it feels refreshing to finally have some characters be homosixual and have that be part of their personality. Hell, unless you ask Veronica a certain question you'd never know that she was a lisbian. I'm glad that we have some homosixual companions and they aren't all flamboyant or treated like crap but like normal people. I know because Arcade Gannon was my companion and he was just awesome. P.S. I'm a straight male and chose the lady killer responses so don't think I'm biased

ROFL ... Rex is a robot dog, Ed-E is a prototype robot, and Lily is a mutant ... none of these fall within the realm of humanity so your point is a ludicrous one. Homosixuality and lisbianism only exist within the realm of humanity last time I checked.
JAY

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:24 pm

Its about darn time that some homosixuals and lisbians have some protagonism in games
Breautiful

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:17 pm

If you're suggesting it's your heterosixuality that makes you "gag" about homosixual relationships, that doesn't really make any sense. I'm heterosixual, as is the whole of my direct family, and none of them are remotely bothered by homosixuals or homosixual relationships. Reversely, there are women/men out there who are repulsed by homosixual, but enjoy anything pormographic involving homosixuals.

And on the other matter, others have already answered-there aren't that many lisbians, or homosixuals in general. I've only met two well enough to know for sure(that I know about, too, really)-Ed-E and Boone. Boone had a wife, child, and has no implications from himself or others that he's bisixual or homosixual. Ed-E is a robot with no sixuality programmed(if that's possible, even), or any ability to speak himself. More likely than not, you just find it that way because you "gag" so much about homosixuals-if you dislike or hate something, you're more likely to find it noticeable. For example, I hate my printer malfunctioning or having any sort of problem causing delays(I usually do it last minute, stupidly), so I remember every time it does it rather well and with quite a bit of loathing.

If you stop caring about the gender they like to have six with, it probably won't be noticed by yourself even half as much as it is now. If it's ever an option, and it bothers you so much, don't ask about sixual crap. It'll be ignorant bliss for you.

And I'll point this out now, I am glad about the addition of characters who aren't all straight or following conventional(or basic) views all the time-if nothing else, it's a lot more realistic. About somewhere between a quarter to half of my own friends are either bisixual or homosixual-and I don't even live in a liberal area.
Curveballs On Phoenix

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:35 am

Its about darn time that some homosixuals and lisbians have some protagonism in games

Minoritys of the human race put in a positive light? In MY Fallout? It's more likely than you think.

Edit @Tich- As far as I know theres

Spoiler

Major Knight- Mojave Outpost
Arcade Gannon
Veronica
Jimmy- Westside
Manny- NoVac
Corporal Betsy- Camp McCarran
(A doctor in one NCR camp IDR his name or the camp)

List is only so my post isnt long as crap

All in all, I'm sure I've missed a few NPCs, point is, even in Post Apocalyptia, they are a minority, not running as rampant as dogs in Denver, as OP makes it seem.
Dan Wright

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:42 am

I don't understand why there are so many homosixuals, period.
They're EVERYWHERE!! :shocking:
Gemma Archer

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Yes 20 out 200+ NPCs, it's obvious Obsidian has an agenda their pushing on us. It's not possible their setting up a realistic world. :rolleyes:
CORY

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:55 am

So intense violence, drugs, slavery, murder, prostitution, gambling, and sixbots are ok - but same six relationships are what?? Being "biased" is the least of your problems.

Frankly, if you can't handle ALL aspects of the "M" for mature under the ESRB rating system you need to stick to "T" for teen.
AnDres MeZa

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:12 am

Biggest hate i have against veronica being lisbian is due to her being the closest thing to a good mom/wife/nice person in the game.Cassidy is nice but man shes probably got more std's then i dont know a person whos really dirty lol?But if i had to do it cassidy will do.Or sunny seems like a good person.
DAVId MArtInez

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:12 am

So intense violence, drugs, slavery, murder, prostitution, gambling, and sixbots are ok - but same six relationships are what?? Being "biased" is the least of your problems.

Frankly, if you can't handle ALL aspects of the "M" for mature under the ESRB rating system you need to stick to "T" for teen.

Even some T rated games have some of them
Emily Rose

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:40 am

Actually there are relatively few gays out there compared to the overall population of the planet but they are very vocal and in your face so they appear to be in larger numbers and they have a lot of money and organization behind them as well as lots of media attention. However, if the human race embraced that lifestyle after a nuclear war as depicted in Fallout New Vegas where almost everything that lived was killed off then our species would likely go the way of the Dodo bird and last about one generation.

I...uhhhh... Its not like F:NV has billboards saying "WE'RE GAY WHY NOT JOIN US?"

Apart from Jimmy, who's feminine and Betsy, whos overly open about it, there are no cliches or out in the open gays, if you ask, they'll likely tell you, but to find out most of them, you have to have Confirmed Bachelor and Chez w/e to know their gay. So they arent overly open about it. "I'm gay, no big deal really" is basically the gay/lisbians in FNVs general attitude, which helped me see them as more than lisping men and manly women.
kasia

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:39 pm

ROFL ... Rex is a robot dog, Ed-E is a prototype robot, and Lily is a mutant ... none of these fall within the realm of humanity so your point is a ludicrous one. Homosixuality and lisbianism only exist within the realm of humanity last time I checked.

Check again. Homosixuality has been observed to occur in a number of different animal species at about the same rate it occurs amongst humans.
Mario Alcantar

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:53 am

If you define "everywhere" as two companions, and possibly two npcs out of the game's entire population.

And no, I'm not counting Rex.

This is locked before someone goes over the line and ends up with a warning. In a thread about this topic, someone usually does eventually.
Nikki Hype

Return to Fallout: New Vegas