What is the special reward you get for completing Fallout Ne

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:50 pm

Well does anybody know what it is? It said in the beginning of the game you get a special reward for playing and beating hardcoe mode. What is it? Thanks
patricia kris

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:55 am

An Achievement/Trophy.
quinnnn

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:13 am

An Achievement/Trophy.

This.. :cookie:
Dan Stevens

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:08 am

An Achievement/Trophy.

That must be all there is, because I've finished the game hardcoe Mode twice and I've gotten nothing else. It's a lousy reward. I think a special weapon would have been nice.
Joe Alvarado

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:26 pm

hardcoe mode is really an overstatement. It really doesn't make the game much harder just makes the game slightly more immersable. Its an achievement at the end and thats that. Something to placate old timers and roleplayers (I fall under both categories). Just as you wouldnt run around the real world with open whounds you shouldn't ingame either. Have full health and use the environment as your ally and you can do hardcoe without dying at all. If you remember to save that is :).
Dewayne Quattlebaum

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Well does anybody know what it is? It said in the beginning of the game you get a special reward for playing and beating hardcoe mode. What is it? Thanks

It's not some sort of special mode, people. It's an implementation that adds some features from the original Fallout and a some popular mods.
It's main point is to make the player think more about what he carries with him and the way he heals.

All you get is an achievement and I don't really see why you should be awarded anything more for this.
tegan fiamengo

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:00 pm

The reward is the additional immersion you get throughout your entire play-through. That is reward enough.
Cayal

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:04 pm

All you get is an achievement and I don't really see way you should be awarded anything more for this.

I agree, Its a great way to add depth and meaning to all of your actions. Ive played through once now with it taking it seriously and doing "hardcoe" and I got a lot from it. Next Ill play through with Wild Wastelands, no hardcoe, and just do whatever feels good and fun. Its not really a reward, more of a token you can take away from it.
Cody Banks

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:25 pm

The reward is the additional immersion you get throughout your entire play-through. That is reward enough.

Meh, for me it's babysitter mode. I turned hardcoe on and looked to see what all it added, I looked in my pipboy and said pffffft screw this.
Aman Bhattal

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:27 pm

I think once you finish hardcoe mode your address is sent to Obsidian where they put together a small package of treats such a sugar cookies, fruit cakes ,maybe a summer sausage and next day Fed-Ex it to your house.

Just their little way of saying thanks for playing. It is really a nice gesture. :hubbahubba:
Nicole M

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:53 pm

We already know about the trophy/achievement. It's in the list on the console's menu screen, "Complete the game in hardcoe mode". It's no different then the other trophies in the game. The game itself says there is a special reward for completing it in hardcoe mode, so that's what people expect, something to be used in the game.
Steph

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:06 pm

I think once you finish hardcoe mode your address is sent to Obsidian where they put together a small package of treats such a sugar cookies, fruit cakes ,maybe a summer sausage and next day Fed-Ex it to your house.

Just their little way of saying thanks for playing. It is really a nice gesture. :hubbahubba:

hrmm, i did get a fed ex the other day, i wonder if thats whats in there, that'd be cool =)
Shae Munro

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:51 pm

The reward is "Ego Bling." Of course, only you can see it but you can boast to all of your friends about it.
Cash n Class

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:30 am

According to Sawyer (at least, I seem to recall him saying something like that on some forum, but I may be wrong) they used the "reward" because it can be either an achievement or a trophy depending on the platform. Kinda backfired, didn't it?
Ann Church

Return to Fallout: New Vegas