Can we buy mini nukes?

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:13 pm

Am just wondering if we can buy mini nukes cuz i haven't met anyone who has, F03 sold at least 2 a day and NV ive only found them.
Taylor Bakos

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:42 pm

No, you cant. IIRC, there are only 18 Mini Nukes in this game. Doesnt make sense why, the Fat Man isn't even particularly powerfully in New Vegas. They nerfed it pretty bad.
Jenna Fields

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:55 am

No, you cant. IIRC, there are only 18 Mini Nukes in this game. Doesnt make sense why, the Fat Man isn't even particularly powerfully in New Vegas. They nerfed it pretty bad.

Well mini nukes just became a decoration for my wall... Hell they are rarer than gold.
Taylor Tifany

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Well mini nukes just became a decoration for my wall... Hell they are rarer than gold.

Well, I just stick them in one of my 'weapons crates' in my L38 PS. I stick all my rare goodies in the boxes unless they can set up a scene.
Rob Davidson

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:38 am

Well, I just stick them in one of my 'weapons crates' in my L38 PS. I stick all my rare goodies in the boxes unless they can set up a scene.

Colonel Martyr=love muffin X D.But honestly Je Sawyer needs to kick the explosive weapons in the nuts *in a good way aka boost*Many of the perks Splash damage Dem exp and i belive hit the deck buggy .But honestly i expect fat man to be dge increased to like 700 800 ish
Ladymorphine

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:38 am

One would have thought that popping a mini nuke would obliterate an entire town/village given the name of the ordinance and the name of the delivery hardware. Go figger ...
Ellie English

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:55 am

Colonel Martyr=love muffin X D

Who? :cryvaultboy:

@Drakkonis-In Fallotu 3 they could, but in New Vegas, the Fat Man is pretty much as effective as the Silenced .22
Richard

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:04 pm

@Drakkonis-In Fallotu 3 they could, but in New Vegas, the Fat Man is pretty much as effective as the Silenced .22

ROFL ... Noted, I will have to make a mental note not to use them in any way, shape, or form.
GLOW...

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:36 am

Rofl its the name i gave ya on the pm message L O L.But its a term odf endearment few ppl make me laugh as often as colonel and or ppl drinking and thinking they can fly videos on youtube.*no weirdness* :wink_smile: :evil: .Honestly i cant wait for the explosive patch Je Sawyer mentioned awille back.
Euan

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:47 am

in New Vegas, the Fat Man is pretty much as effective as the Silenced .22

Well that is, until you mess around a little bit, fix the Demolition Expert perk list get it up to 600+ damage. Fair enough considering there aren't any behemoths.

Too bad its actually worthless regardless because the Missile Launcher can outshine it since it has a smaller radius but can kill the same enemies in the same # of shots basically.
John Moore

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:30 am

Well that is, until you mess around a little bit, fix the Demolition Expert perk list get it up to 600+ damage. Fair enough considering there aren't any behemoths.

Too bad its actually worthless regardless because the Missile Launcher can outshine it since it has a smaller radius but can kill the same enemies in the same # of shots basically.

To be honest. Explosives isnt that far from being one of my 3 skills dump stats. :laugh:
Ann Church

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:19 am

To be honest. Explosives isnt that far from being one of my 3 skills dump stats. :laugh:

Well I can understand. I don't find any skill a dump stat besides when I choose between Medicine or Survival and even then I try to up all of them. Main reason is for perks sake for other weapons, I.E. How pyromaniac is set up, and what my current character is built around so its Explosives, Energy Weapons, and Melee. Its a pretty good combo as Explosives helps a lot at the start of the game, what with the stockpile of Dynamite you get, and it lends itself towards Melee and Energy because of said perk, which goes into other stuff. Chain reaction deal I guess.

I've found merits in basically every skill.. well.. I'm still iffy on Sneak in New Vegas. Doesn't feel as effective simply because there's less places to hide and most of the game is spent outdoors.
Kelsey Hall

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:28 pm

you can get unlimited just go to nellis and every few days theres a booomer with a fat man and 2 mini nukes
alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:10 pm

Well I can understand. I don't find any skill a dump stat besides when I choose between Medicine or Survival and even then I try to up all of them. Main reason is for perks sake for other weapons, I.E. How pyromaniac is set up, and what my current character is built around so its Explosives, Energy Weapons, and Melee. Its a pretty good combo as Explosives helps a lot at the start of the game, what with the stockpile of Dynamite you get, and it lends itself towards Melee and Energy because of said perk, which goes into other stuff. Chain reaction deal I guess.

I've found merits in basically every skill.. well.. I'm still iffy on Sneak in New Vegas. Doesn't feel as effective simply because there's less places to hide and most of the game is spent outdoors.

Well it works like this for me

1st Tier

Lockpick
Speech
Science
Medicine

2nd Tier

Gun
Survival (Only for Animal Friend)
Repair (Mainly for jury rigging

3rd Tier

Sneak
Barter

Any other skill:

Dump stat

:laugh:
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:39 am

You sound a lot like a friend of mine... Only his is more like Melee and Unarmed. Everything else is dump stat for him. :sweat: Trust me, I think he actually enjoys it like that.
Danny Blight

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:49 am

Colonel Martyr=love muffin X D.But honestly Je Sawyer needs to kick the explosive weapons in the nuts *in a good way aka boost*Many of the perks Splash damage Dem exp and i belive hit the deck buggy .But honestly i expect fat man to be dge increased to like 700 800 ish

I agree, explosives are fun, but not practical atm.
I wish achemidies would get a boost aswell, shot a deathclaw the thing just ran through it and ket attacking, had to finish it off with a shotgun. Archemidies should be a 1 hit kill, its a laser after all.
Could someone compare damage of a 100 EW character to one with 0 EW ? If archemidies isnt effected I dont need EW, its a EW but I dont think it would be effected given its so unique.
LuCY sCoTT

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:34 am

You can get more mini-nukes from Boomers; you can do it the mercifully or tediously.
Jade Payton

Return to Fallout: New Vegas