Tribal build?

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:44 am

I've played most of the storylines in NV and have decided to just play a game without the main campaign to much, might continue later on.

I've already tried a FOA scientist which was quite intresting to think through his actions but i can't think what rules a tribal should have to play..

Any ideas?

For stats and generally how to play it? EG Eat food instead of stimpacks for health ect
Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:23 pm

S 7
P 6
E 7
C 4
I 4
A 7
L 5

Tags: Melee, Survival, Sneak, Unarmed (4th), Barter (5th)

Traits: Loose Cannon, Kamikaze

Faction alignment: Khans, Boomers, Independent Vegas.

For personality I'd say be a selfish bastard only looking out for yourself, that means no rescuing goodsprings from powder gangers, but don't help PG's either, just leave them alone and be on your way.

Go get this: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Chance%27s_grave
And wear it/use it.
Arnold Wet

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:13 am

S 7
P 6
E 7
C 4
I 4
A 7
L 5

For personality I'd say be a selfish bastard only looking out for yourself, that means no rescuing goodsprings from powder gangers, but don't help PG's either, just leave them alone and be on your way.

And wear it/use it.

You may also want to add Legion to this Faction Alignment list, seeing he'll be playing a Tribal.
Julie Ann

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:06 am

You may also want to add Legion to this Faction Alignment list, seeing he'll be playing a Tribal.

I dunno if Legion is right for it though.
I consider Legion romans more than I consider them tribals.
Susan

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:55 pm

Thank you these are both great ideas and I was actually considering the legion later on actually :)
I read somewhere on these forum about someone role-playing a tribal who reject the currency of caps,
is this possible at all?
stacy hamilton

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:56 am

Take cannibal perk and eat all the greatest warriors you encounter. That's what I did in my last playthrough.
dean Cutler

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:21 am

The only "traits" I consider mandatory are: 6+ Endurance, High Survival, High Melee, Heave Ho! and Travel Light.
joannARRGH

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:25 am

For a tribal to be really viable, they need to fix thrown weapons. Either make them much cheaper or recoverable. 25+ caps for a one shot weapon is stupid. A bow would be a nice option too. How about being able to make them at a campfire?
Angel Torres

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:01 am

For a tribal to be really viable, they need to fix thrown weapons. Either make them much cheaper or recoverable. 25+ caps for a one shot weapon is stupid. A bow would be a nice option too. How about being able to make them at a campfire?

i wish, i wish Havelock :(
Nims

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:43 pm

S 7
P 6
E 7
C 4
I 4
A 7
L 5

And wear it/use it.

I second this. I have a tribal character and I already follow most of what was suggested.

I would also like to point out that if you help out Legion a little bit and get some rep with them and the Khans, Papa Khan will
Spoiler
make you the leader of the Khans in the event of his death. So killing him after that would automatically shoot you up to idolized by the Great Khans and make you their leader.

I think a tribal would help out the Legion to a certain extent, but would probably ultimately go with the Independent Vegas. Throwing Spears + Bleak Venom makes for a great tribal long range attack (if only they were easier to come by w/o having to loot Legion). Chance's Knife also makes a great tribal weapon, along with Knock Knock (or even a generic Fire Axe)
R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:23 am

Don't use food as a primary heal source. Use healing powder.

For a weapon, a spear would be ideal, but I don't think there are any. Sulik used a sledgehammer so that would be a good substitute.
Jessica Nash

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:57 am

Take cannibal perk and eat all the greatest warriors you encounter. That's what I did in my last playthrough.

That is some awesome RPing there, rusina

OP:
Since you'll probably be pumping survival, I'd suggest getting the Rad-Child perk ( survival 70), it has some AMAZING regeneration qualities that scale with your RAD level. Basically trading SPECIAL points for HP regen.

Stock up on throwing spears at the Mojave outpost west of nipton, I believe the trader at the bar sells them regularly, if I'm not mistaken.
Charity Hughes

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:19 am

I do wonder why do you guys think "Tribal=Throwing Weapon".

If history taught us anythings, it is that Tribals always appropriate new weapon technology.....or whatever that they can get their hands on anyways.
ILy- Forver

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:22 am

If history taught us anythings, it is that Tribals always appropriate new weapon technology.....or whatever that they can get their hands on anyways.

Cause spears are cool and I'm glad to have em back. Cause they can deliver poison you can craft at high lvls of survival. I would also accept a sharpened stick of some kind :)
Marine x

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:59 pm

But... Stereotyping roles in role playing games is cool! :goodjob:
OTTO

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:25 am

If you're going to be a tribal make sure you do the Arena fights at the Fort, it just seems like a very tribalish thing to do... Also make sure you are atleast a little disliked by the NCR because they are basically anti-tribals
KRistina Karlsson

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:32 am

If you do this you're just doing a regular play through.

The tribe you start in in FO2 uses spears that you can throw.
Euan

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:16 am

I dont see this. Tribal mentality is about a family and extended family units working to gether for the tribe. If that means making enemies or friends then it means that. It does not mean to a greedy selfish loner.
Juan Cerda

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:49 pm

I dont see this. Tribal mentality is about a family and extended family units working to gether for the tribe. If that means making enemies or friends then it means that. It does not mean to a greedy selfish loner.

Who says that I mean that a tribal has to be like that?
I just gave a tip for how to roleplay, does not mean a tribal has to be like my tip was. :shrug:
Lou

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:05 pm

Who says that I mean that a tribal has to be like that?
I just gave a tip for how to roleplay, does not mean a tribal has to be like my tip was. :shrug:

Sorry its just that since it was a tribal build he was asking about how to rp that i assumed you were saying "tribal peoples" were like that.
Natasha Callaghan

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:58 am

This is my updated tribal build..

Cram

S P E C I A L

9 9 9 1 2 9 1

Traits heavy handed wild wasteland

tagged skills melee unarmed survival
also train lockpick
somewhat train repair

perks

2 hunter
4 cannibal
6 toughness
8 stonewall
10 super slam
12 piercing strike
14 purifier
16 unstopable force
18 paralyzing palm
20 toughness
24 slayer
26 nerves of steel

Obviously uses mostly food to heal.. never can get educated but then hes a tribal so... im in luck as my bonus pack was the trbal pack;/

Now he DOES use guns.. but without any training. Basicaly any gun thats cheap and has cheap ammo he will use to kill anything he doesnt want to touch.. like bloatflies.. he hates touching bloatflies so he uses a shotgun on em. In fact he HATES bloatflies so he always goes after them with a shotgun. He also uses a gun on anything too cowardly to stay and fight.

Will follow house simply because house is already the chief of new vegas and because he has far too much fun dueling legion troops and looting thier toys to be aligned with them. And yes man is creepy.

Will help out if he feels it will help him but otherwise is totaly neutral.

Hunts city folk in the sewers as they make mighty fine eats and have toys to use or sell and are generaly soft.
Stay-C

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:02 pm

If you do this you're just doing a regular play through.

The tribe you start in in FO2 uses spears that you can throw.

Not really.

Tribals obviously have a different set of moral and view on things compare to "city folks". For example although slavery may be more about "spoil of war" instead of "abusing human rights" for them; relying more on food to heal instead of stim can be another; or maybe kill people without looking them in the face :tongue:
Kieren Thomson

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:32 am

A tribal would be more likely to use cowboy as a perk as they would have just enough guns skill to get it and would tend to like using both lever action weaponry and dynamite as an adjunct to melee and unarmed.
no_excuse

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:59 am

These are all good arguments and very interesting to try out :)

Although it is hard to play a tribal with a "tribe" per say except maybe the Great Khans so the loner idea will have to do generally.
Trevi

Post » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:19 am

The tribes of FO have always been different in views or abilities.

Vipers are descendants of a group afflicted by giant pit viper venom who went on to become pyschotic raiders.
The Khans came from the same Vault but over years turned into nomadic chem suppliers, traders and less focused on direct raiding by the time of NV.
Arroyo if the good ending in FO2 is to be believed fomed a almost pre war utopia with the people of its common ancestor guardian origin from vault 13.
The family were traitors and back stabbers.
The fiends are chem addicted nut cases.
My few tribals have been..
1. Pure melee build, using leather armour.
2. Unarmed, explosives and melee wearing metal armour. a Jackal ex leader disowned from the tribe.
3. A tribal linked to a pre war military hospital, where drugs and love are the thing, backed by hot lead to protect the labs.

As a dum dum typical tribal I go for, Melee, survival, unarmed or sneak.
High strength, endurance and agility backed up with either or both good charisma and perception, then just put intelligence at 1.
Shelby Huffman

Return to Fallout: New Vegas