Crysis 2 and Crysis 1 screenshot comparison

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:59 am

So i found this site with hd screenshots which shows the nanosuit in similar settings - http://gamingbolt.com/2010/03/08/crysis-2-versus-crysis-1-hd-screenshot-comparison/. While i admit that the overal picture looks better in Crysis 2, do models have more or less polygons than the other? Compare the nanosuits and maybe other models. Some say that crysis 2 will perform better because its not jungle as jungle's foliage increases polygon count on screen a lot.
Using my own eye i think the old nanosuit while less shinier and maybe anatomically doesn't represent the muscle placement as the new one it does seem to have more groves and folds which makes me think that it might have more polygons than new one. But to be honest i don't think it's a big deal, such sacrifice for performance gain. Oh and wheels look rounder in crysis 1. What do you think? And am i wrong about polygon count assumption?
Ally Chimienti

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:19 pm

OK I took a look, and I do see to some extent more prominence of muscle folds and such in Crisis 2 shots, and somewhat sharper detail to an extent, I was led to believe an interview with Cevat Yerli reevealed there intention to optimize graphics with no more demand on the system, quite how I dont know, but at least it also shows Tanks in NY, Good stuff. :D
Becky Cox

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:28 am

Crysis looks better. End of story. I still don't know why Crytek is touting Crysis 2 as a "graphics improvement".

Its still impossible to tell until we see real PC footage though. I expect the PC to blow Crysis out of the water. :)
Joey Avelar

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:05 am

[quote]Crysis looks better. End of story. I still don't know why Crytek is touting Crysis 2 as a "graphics improvement".

Its still impossible to tell until we see real PC footage though. I expect the PC to blow Crysis out of the water. :)[/quote] all the screen shots you see are on console, we have yet to see PC screenshots
Scott Clemmons

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:48 am

[quote]Crysis looks better. End of story. I still don't know why Crytek is touting Crysis 2 as a "graphics improvement".

Its still impossible to tell until we see real PC footage though. I expect the PC to blow Crysis out of the water. :)[/quote]

The video of the 3d presentation was all 3d. Also I have personally seen cryengine 3 up close on a pc at gdc'10 in san fran.

It is a graphical improvement.
Adam

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:55 pm

What I could see is that there is more detail on the weapons and there is more debris flying around.
Tiffany Holmes

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:47 pm

The best screenshot comparisons would be to wait until we get some high-res maxed out PC screenshots to compare with Crysis 1 (and warhead). Until then it's speculation at best. However I look at it this way; Relative to current technological constraints given on the consoles (especially the xbox) Cryengine 3/Crysis 2 seems to do an amazing job. Now that could be just some fanboyism on my part but there you go.
Bellismydesi

Return to Crysis