Game reset

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:34 am

HI to all Fallout vegas players.

I was just wondering what your view was on "not being able to reset the game"?

I, for one, like to play from scratch after beating the game, but this "system " does not allow it to happen, I have wrote to them and asked to change that.

Would be nice to see comments on this , for or against,
I find that it makes it more interesting when you know what you accomplished each time you start, instead of the accumulated scene as now.
I have playes ALL fallout series, and this is the first one I run into this problem.

Kilo1
Kristian Perez

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:59 am

Are you referring to starting a "new game"? If that is so, what is preventing you from starting a new one exactly?
Marcin Tomkow

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:09 am

You can just start a new character.
Solène We

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:59 pm

And if you made a save right at Doc's House in the beginning, and kept it, restarting is even quicker.

And, as mentioned, it does have 'New Game' option to start from scratch.
Kayla Oatney

Post » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:03 pm

Sorry.

I have to add my confused voice to those above. All "New" games start from scratch. You can even move all your saved games to different folders if you want to preserve them.

To what "System" are you referring. I must not be understanding you fully.
CHangohh BOyy

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:12 am

I'm not quite sure what your referring to but when I finished my first play through I couldn't start a fresh new game without loading my first save but this helped me.

If your on PC using Steam you have to clear your game cache.

1. Load Steam
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

I hope this helped

bigcrazewolf
Nauty

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:44 am

Don't know why one couldn't start a new game. Perhaps the desire to reset achievements is the issue?
Dean

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:11 am

I'm not quite sure what your referring to but when I finished my first play through I couldn't start a fresh new game without loading my first save but this helped me.

If your on PC using Steam you have to clear your game cache.

1. Load Steam
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

I hope this helped

bigcrazewolf

Will this reset the time clock? and will this reset the quests/awards etc?
This is what I meant.
Restart as if it was never played.

Thanks for the help also.

Kilo1

Jani Eayon

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:25 am

It won't reset the time played but it will reset in game time, quests, and awards though.

Glad to of helped :thumbsup:

bigcrazewolf
~Amy~

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:21 am

[quote name='bigcrazewolf' timestamp='1293410962' post='16876471']
It won't reset the time played but it will reset in game time, quests, and awards though.

Glad to of helped :thumbsup:

bigcrazewolf
[/quote

Thanks for the help. When I tried this , it worked to the point to tell me that "one file did not validate" and I dont know how to find this file, if there is a way. Maybe you ran into something like this.

Thanks again
kilo1
gemma king

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:35 am

Thanks for the help. When I tried this , it worked to the point to tell me that "one file did not validate" and I don't know how to find this file, if there is a way. Maybe you ran into something like this.
Thanks again
kilo1

Don't fret. It also said that the file would be reacquired. There is some discussion that this is a bug in Steam and that nothing actually happens.

Anyway. Can you please explain what you mean by "Reset"? Do you mean the time clock which tracks gameplay hours? Do you mean Achievements which are tracked by Steam? Or do you simply want to know how to start a new game?

There are two ways to start a new game. Choose "New" from the Main Menu and create a new character from scratch. The other is to save your game just before you leave Doc Mitchel's house. Then you just load up this save and start a new adventure with your old character.
Carlos Vazquez

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:16 am

Don't fret. It also said that the file would be reacquired. There is some discussion that this is a bug in Steam and that nothing actually happens.

Anyway. Can you please explain what you mean by "Reset"? Do you mean the time clock which tracks gameplay hours? Do you mean Achievements which are tracked by Steam? Or do you simply want to know how to start a new game?

There are two ways to start a new game. Choose "New" from the Main Menu and create a new character from scratch. The other is to save your game just before you leave Doc Mitchel's house. Then you just load up this save and start a new adventure with your old character.

I mean the box resets. The is nothing happening with the game Achievements or hrs played, all stays the same. I have about 60% completed after playing almost 300 hrs, and I did start new games in there, but could not tell (besides looking at the dates on the right of the page) what was accomplished. My goal is to restart a new game, with old character(saved just after leaving Doc's house) and the Acheivements would be all gone till I regain some.

The last one I finished today, I killed Ceaser before the fort battle, and killed leggit when I got to him during the battle.

Thanks very much for your help
kilo1
Mariana

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:02 am

My goal is to restart a new game, with old character(saved just after leaving Doc's house) and the Acheivements would be all gone till I regain some.
To the best of my knowledge, Achievements are tied to the Steam account, not the save game. The only way to reset them is to buy another copy of the game and activate it on a new account. That's just how achievements work.

However, in the Pip-boy there is a panel that tracks your progress in challenges, including the ones that lead to perks. That does reset with a new game. It's the only way I know of to track that kind of thing for new games.
ZANEY82

Return to Fallout: New Vegas