Pyromaniac perk

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:47 pm

Was it a mistake to put pyromaniac into explosives instead of energy weapons seeing as most flame inducing weapons are now in the energy weapons category?
leni

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:14 pm

It's allways been wrong, most used it for the Shishkabab in FO3, even though I found the flamer the best big gun.
In NV you have incendary grenades, Shishkabab, EW's and a few others I dare say.
Maybe it would be best to make it an achievable perk for those that flame a lot.
Or tie it into any of three skills.
Channing

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:29 pm

It'd be better if it was lowered to 40% and required 40 science instead.
Mason Nevitt

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:24 pm

Agree completely - Pyro should be linked to Science or Energy. Or the Flamer/Incinerator should be moved to Energy! Man I used to love using Burnmaster and Pyromanic in FO3. Needed a mod though. :flamethrower:
Avril Louise

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:32 pm

Or the Flamer/Incinerator should be moved to Energy!

The Flamer/Incinerator is in Energy Weapons. ;)
evelina c

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:11 pm

The Flamer/Incinerator is in Energy Weapons. ;)

Nah, it is a Big Gun! Bring back big guns! Some of us don't like to use little pee shooters! Big toys for big boys!
glot

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:51 pm

Nah, it is a Big Gun! Bring back big guns! Some of us don't like to use little pee shooters! Big toys for big boys!

I honestly want Big Guns back as well.
Have no idea why it was removed really.
If it's cause it's a late-game weapon skill then let us still have yknow.
Like, it's our choice if we want to svck until we get the big weapons.
And weapons could still belong to the skills they do now only that if one puts points in BG one could use ALL bigger weapons to perfection.
I want more skills! :(
NAkeshIa BENNETT

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:26 pm

^^Fully agree there!

Edit: People always complained about the abundance of skill points in FO3. But it let you play with multiple weapon types. Right now you miss out on a lot of quest options if you take two, three or four weapon skills! Plus guns are so much better then everything else.
Taylor Bakos

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:51 pm

^^Fully agree there!

Edit: People always complained about the abundance of skill points in FO3. But it let you play with multiple weapon types. Right now you miss out on a lot of quest options if you take two, three or four weapon skills! Plus guns are so much better then everything else.

It's to encourage replayability, so I think that the amount of skill points is fine. The division of weapons could definitely be better seeing as how much worse explosives are than everything else.

As for the pyromaniac perk, I never took it in Fallout 3 and I'm (probably) never taking it in New Vegas.
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:00 pm

^^ I can understand that point of view - but there already is replayability. There are multiple endings! Besides, I always have the most fun in the low levels - under 10! Just sticking to one combat style for the whole game gets boring! I can not imagine playing an Unarmed/Melee character for forty hours. Painfully repetitive! If they are going to limit skill points then merge the combat skills more.
Petr Jordy Zugar

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:45 pm

I can not imagine playing an Unarmed/Melee character for forty hours. Painfully repetitive! If they are going to limit skill points then merge the combat skills more.

I played an Unarmed character for 80 hours and let me say this: it was more fun than playing a Guns or Energy Weapons character.

AND NO MORE MERGING SKILLS! :stare: They should split them, divide them all, 240.000 skills!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!
But seriously though, no more merging skills Bethesdian, either create combo skills, split the ones that are available or create new skills.
Khamaji Taylor

Return to Fallout: New Vegas