I think you should loose karma from looting

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 pm

I think you should loose karma from looting because it is stealing from the dead and stealing is WRONG!
REVLUTIN

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:24 am

Reminds me of a suggesting from World of Warcraft.

"Skinning a bear should aggro every bears
in a 40 yard radius. It makes sense, you are actually skinning their best friend."
Wane Peters

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:49 am

I don't think a majority of the Wasteland would get pissed at me for looting a Caesar's Legion corpse. :hubbahubba:
Adriana Lenzo

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:09 pm

If you killed them and they were going to kill you and no karma is lost, why should looting that person cause you to lose karma? You kill an innocent person, you lose karma so why should looting that person give you more karma loss? Thats like tax on a tax. Find someone dead in the wasteland, thats just finders keepers.
Cassie Boyle

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:15 pm

I don't think a majority of the Wasteland would get pissed at me for looting a Caesar's Legion corpse. :hubbahubba:

Who knew Caesar's Legion was a person?
Cameron Wood

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:43 am

It's the Wasteland, where the main rule is, "Finders Keepers."
Enie van Bied

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:45 am

If they started pulling this overly philisophical 'chain of events' bull. I'd stuff the disc down the developers throat.
Kate Murrell

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:16 pm

What confuses me is that I gain karma from killing a powder ganger, no affect from looting the corpse, lose it from looting a box. And no affect on grave robbing, taboo most everywhere.
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:48 pm

Pilfering from the dead is sure frowned upon in Assasin's Creed. By onlookers that is, there is no reputation system.
Nany Smith

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:57 am

Why would anyone care if I take something from a dead guy? HE'S DEAD! He's not using it anymore!
Kelly James

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Why would anyone care if I take something from a dead guy? HE'S DEAD! He's not using it anymore!

I think some people would care if someone just killed you and took your wallet. Its kind of frowned upon in the civilized world. Then again they dont have wallets usually in the uncivilized world.
LittleMiss

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:17 am

I think some people would care if someone just killed you and took your wallet. Its kind of frowned upon in the civilized world. Then again they dont have wallets usually in the uncivilized world.

Yes but one flaw in your logic, fallout isnt a civilised world "hey mr raider, why not drop that tire iron and we can settle things diplomaticly over a spot of tea and cram". No its survival of the fittest.
Amysaurusrex

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:54 pm

Another flaw. If I saw someone gunned down the last thing I would care about is the guys wallet being taken. Cops might find that info handy. Like I said in another post killing the person is worce and we get bad karma for it why get bad karma for looting as well?
Lucie H

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:23 am

The Karma thing does seem a little unfinished, or not thought through very well... if an NPC from a PC-friendly faction is killed in a firefight, it's pretty odd that you can trot right over to his body and go through his stuff-- money, weapons, cigs, etc, and steal any of it without someone at least making a comment. I mean, they might be soldiers in the same NCR Unit, and nobody says a thing, not even Boone. You can steal his clothes and leave him in his skivvies.

You'd think the dead guy's friends would be outraged and attack you like they would if you steal an NCR coffee mug in front of them in the mess hall.

As for the OP, I like Yahtzee's comment in his NV review: "If you shoot at me, and I kill you, I get to steal all your stuff according to the international law of "go f--- yourself"."
Joey Avelar

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:37 am

It ain't doing them any good, now is it? It'd do me more good in my inventory than it will them in theirs.
N3T4

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:28 am

Yes but one flaw in your logic, fallout isnt a civilised world "hey mr raider, why not drop that tire iron and we can settle things diplomaticly over a spot of tea and cram". No its survival of the fittest.

Only if you fail your speech check. :nerd:
T. tacks Rims

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:32 am

You need only be punished once for a bad act. Killing the guy or taking his stuff, you still lost karma either way. No sense in losing some for both.

But overall the whole karma system needs to go.
FABIAN RUIZ

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:01 am

That is purely a matter of perspective, I have no spiritual dogma that tells me that it's wrong. Especially if they were shooting at me.
Victoria Vasileva

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:10 am

It doesnt make sense if you kill a powder ganger and gain karma, and then take some of their dynamite off a table and lose karma...it doesnt make sense
Karine laverre

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:54 am

Wasteland society is more or less built on scavenging from the dead should it matter if they died 200 years or 2 minutes ago?

And the Karma system can only be improved or made worse, it ain't going anywhere.
Amanda Furtado

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:44 am

No one is going to care, but it is still "bad" thing to do.
Fanny Rouyé

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:35 am

If they started pulling this overly philisophical 'chain of events' bull. I'd stuff the disc down the developers throat.

Hey House your to old and besides your stuck in a suppository tube :biggrin: .....needless to say you would have to have a Securitron do it :hubbahubba:

bigcrazewolf
Silvia Gil

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:42 am

What confuses me is that I gain karma from killing a powder ganger, no affect from looting the corpse, lose it from looting a box. And no affect on grave robbing, taboo most everywhere.

Yeah, when I first started playing and I dug up those graves in the Goodsprings Cemetary, and nothing happened I was kind of like
"I'm impressionable. I'm going to go to this in real life!" Since it would obviously have no consequence in the game, so not in real life... Right? :sadvaultboy:
Fam Mughal

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:16 am

Yeah, when I first started playing and I dug up those graves in the Goodsprings Cemetary, and nothing happened I was kind of like
"I'm impressionable. I'm going to go to this in real life!" Since it would obviously have no consequence in the game, so not in real life... Right? :sadvaultboy:

Don't even try it. You will be sadly disappointed. I understand you are joking, (at least, I HOPE you are joking), but, its comments of this nature that gets various parties all up in arms about RPGs........

As to the topic at hand.....

Powder Gangers HATE me. They attempt to kill me on sight. So, I put them out of my misery. Looting their body is OK. Looting their campsite after they are all dead is bad. Why? Same thing for Ceasers Legion. Kill the bad guys, loot their corpses, no problem. Loot the footlockers of the dead guys though? Bad karma....... Wipe out an entire camp. anything on the bodies is fair game. Anything in a box is not..... If someone were still alive to care, I could almost see it. Almost..... but hey, they are my ENEMY. Looting their camps after all are dead should NOT be a problem.
Robert Bindley

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:53 pm

Don't even try it. You will be sadly disappointed. I understand you are joking, (at least, I HOPE you are joking), but, its comments of this nature that gets various parties all up in arms about RPGs........

As to the topic at hand.....

Powder Gangers HATE me. They attempt to kill me on sight. So, I put them out of my misery. Looting their body is OK. Looting their campsite after they are all dead is bad. Why? Same thing for Ceasers Legion. Kill the bad guys, loot their corpses, no problem. Loot the footlockers of the dead guys though? Bad karma....... Wipe out an entire camp. anything on the bodies is fair game. Anything in a box is not..... If someone were still alive to care, I could almost see it. Almost..... but hey, they are my ENEMY. Looting their camps after all are dead should NOT be a problem.

Spot on, it doesn't make any sense.
Ashley Tamen

Return to Fallout: New Vegas