Question regarding perks

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:17 am

At the beginning of the game i was able to pick a new perk every 2 levels but the further i move up level wise the less perks i get to pick, i was wondering if theres a specific pattern like at the beginning its every 2 levels then every 3 levels and so on and so forth or is it one of my S.P.E.C.I.A.L skills that determines how often i get to pick a new perk.

Not sure but i think i leveled up 3 times without getting to pick a new perk, in fallout 3 it was after every level, so just wondering if theres a pattern or is it based on one of the specific characters stats? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :shrug:
NO suckers In Here

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:09 pm

the games is design for you to select a perk on every even level until level 30. what level are you?
bimsy

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:09 pm

the games is design for you to select a perk on every even level until level 30. what level are you?

no, its every so levels

unless this is only a hardcoe feature
marie breen

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:28 pm

no, its every so levels

unless this is only a hardcoe feature

Nope, every two levels is the standard for normal and hardcoe modes. Only thing I can think of is that you have mods installed which alter this.
Sophie Morrell

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:22 pm

but the further i move up level wise the less perks i get to pick,

2nd edit: Doh, missed that part about 3 levels. If that was indeed the case, then nvm, it must be mod/glitch etc.

Well, Perks do have stat, skill and clvl requirements. If you don't fullfill many of these at the time you level up, the list to choose from doesn't grow that rapidly. It's (remotely) possible that your chosen stats + clvl are blocking access to a lot of perks etc. I say remotely because I think it'd be pretty hard to unintentionally make a chr. with stats that would block so many off that it would seem like nothing new ever showed up. Other than that, not sure...could be a mod, if you're on pc/using them, yes.

EDIT: there isn't a specific SPECIAL...next time you level up and can see the Perk list, go through all of them and see what the requirements are. Some have SPECIAL requirements, some skill requirements, it varies. For SPECIAL, 6 is a common magic number for a lot of them.
natalie mccormick

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:25 pm

I play on the ps3 in hardcoe mode, i have no idea what a mod is, im guessing its something related to playing on a pc. When i first started i was able to pick a new perk every 2 levels, now im able to pick a new perk every 3 or 4 levels. Don't think im not meeting the requirements because when i am able to pick a new perk i have alot of options.

It's probably just the pattern or something of that nature, not a big deal, i don't play for the perks and getting to them fewer and farther between levels makes it more challenging so no biggie. Thanks for the replies people, its greatly appreciated on my part. The mojave wastelands a cruel cruel place, im glad we have these forums to help each other out....peace,love and stimpaks!
Fiori Pra

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:50 pm

Mods are what people playing on pc's use to alter the game from it's 'vanilla'/retail state. :)

The game should be giving you a Perk every two levels. If it's not, there's something glitchy about it. If you're fine with that, no problem...but it's not a 'pattern' that's supposed to be a part of the game.
Monique Cameron

Return to Fallout: New Vegas