He Still Cares!

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:03 am

After the patch I thought Boone had lost all interest in me. Being sad about this I decided to drown my sorrows with three bottles of scotch. Boone and Arcade watched with interest. Then Arcade shook his head and went off to raid the refrigerator. Boone stayed and followed me into the bedroom. Then I thought, what the heck, I'll put on my sixy Nightwear for old times sake. And lo and behold!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/phennec/FALLOUT/My%20Fallout%20Vidoes/?action=view¤t=M4H00542.mp4
Eileen Müller

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:58 am

What is this, I don't even...
sexy zara

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:19 pm

What is this, I don't even...

It's proof that Boone still cares about me....erm...the Courier in her sixy Nightwear. :whistling:

I feel a more detailed explanation would ruin it.
Mandy Muir

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am

Not?
All NPC's and especially companions give weird stares at the player. :shrug:

[edit - Yes I am a party pooper (And that phrase should die by fire :stare:)]
Tyler F

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:51 pm

He's absolutely head-tracking again there! Have you seen him in combat yet? Does he keep reholstering? Are you still on a console or did you switch to PC and use that great mod that fixes him? I think you were on a console? I haven't loaded my PS3 lately because he's broken on it. Maybe I should to see if he's fixed?

Nice nighty! :D How could he not look?
Steph

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:58 am

He's absolutely head-tracking again there! Have you seen him in combat yet? Does he keep reholstering? Are you still on a console or did you switch to PC and use that great mod that fixes him? I think you were on a console? I haven't loaded my PS3 lately because he's broken on it. Maybe I should to see if he's fixed?

Nice nighty! :D How could he not look?

I'm still on my PS3. But I have this sneaking suspicion that he only head tracks when you're character is wearing the sixy nightwear. I noticed that Veronica and Boone looked at my character in the sixy nightwear, but Arcade would not look at my character and just walked off. I'm going to try it again tonight wearing different things and see what happens.

Boone is still messed up in the combat area on the PS3. Pfft. They really need to fix him.
Karine laverre

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:29 am

What the hell.
Lilit Ager

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:55 pm

I'm still on my PS3. But I have this sneaking suspicion that he only head tracks when you're character is wearing the sixy nightwear. I noticed that Veronica and Boone looked at my character in the sixy nightwear, but Arcade would not look at my character and just walked off. I'm going to try it again tonight wearing different things and see what happens.

Boone is still messed up in the combat area on the PS3. Pfft. They really need to fix him.

Yes, they do. I wonder if we need to keep posting about it in the PS3 forum for problems? He's still a zombie on my PS3. Thanks to the mod Ricker made, I'm able to play on PC but I think about you on the console.

Btw, he likes to watch the ladies in front of the Gomorrah too. :)
Becky Palmer

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:20 pm

Not?
All NPC's and especially companions give weird stares at the player. :shrug:

[edit - Yes I am a party pooper (And that phrase should die by fire :stare:)]

The companions actually have different reactions I've found. They also look at each other and follow each other around. For instance I've noticed that Arcade sometimes follows Boone around.
Laura

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:22 am

Yes, they do. I wonder if we need to keep posting about it in the PS3 forum for problems? He's still a zombie on my PS3. Thanks to the mod Ricker made, I'm able to play on PC but I think about you on the console.

Btw, he likes to watch the ladies in front of the Gomorrah too. :)

I think I'll mention it over there again, that Boone is messed up. Just to keep it fresh in their minds.

I had no idea Boone watched the Gomorrah ladies. I must remember to take him over there. :)
Ricky Rayner

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:37 pm

Haha! That's great. I'm glad to see he can still be motivated to head-track by something, on the PS3, at least!
I've noticed the companions will even head-track a corpse, sometimes. They kill something, holster their weapon, and if you're far enough away, they stare down at the corpse like they're either saddened or amazed by their killing prowess. ;)

....and to those wondering, there's a bug with the 1.2 patch where Boone no longer head-tracks at anything when he stands idle ... your character, other NPC's, dead bodies, etc. Rickerhk figured out a script problem that causes both that bug and a combat/weapon-reloding bug Boone also has (the two are connected) and made http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38842 but not everyone's on the PC.
Mark Hepworth

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:25 am

Haha! That's great. I'm glad to see he can still be motivated to head-track by something, on the PS3, at least!
I've noticed the companions will even head-track a corpse, sometimes. They kill something, holster their weapon, and if you're far enough away, they stare down at the corpse like they're either saddened or amazed by their killing prowess. ;)

....and to those wondering, there's a bug with the 1.2 patch where Boone no longer head-tracks at anything when he stands idle ... your character, other NPC's, dead bodies, etc. Rickerhk figured out a script problem that causes both that bug and a combat/weapon-reloding bug Boone also has (the two are connected) and made http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38842 but not everyone's on the PC.

Yep. That's the story. Thanks for explaining it. You did it so much better than I would have. :)

I really hope they fix Boone and the other companions with the next patch.
Nice one

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:27 pm

Oh, your Courier design looks like mine.

Me in the Naughty Nightie, Boone, and Ed-E in the (Tops) Presidential Suite. Good times, good times.
Yama Pi

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:59 pm

The funniest thing I had happen was with a pre-patch unresponsive Boone. He wouldn't leave the gun runners and nothing I did worked. So I fired him , hid behind one of the broken buildings and did a full sneak attack on him with the rat slayer.

He was left with1 bar health and still wouldn't move. I went on my way and about 10 minutes later started hearing heavy breathing. After that every minute I heard either moaning or heavy breathing followed by "I can't feel my limbs." I had to rehire him to get his voice to stop following me. Luckily he worked after that.
James Smart

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:21 pm

After the patch I thought Boone had lost all interest in me. Being sad about this I decided to drown my sorrows with three bottles of scotch. Boone and Arcade watched with interest. Then Arcade shook his head and went off to raid the refrigerator. Boone stayed and followed me into the bedroom. Then I thought, what the heck, I'll put on my sixy Nightwear for old times sake. And lo and behold!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/phennec/FALLOUT/My%20Fallout%20Vidoes/?action=view¤t=M4H00542.mp4

I think you're taking Fallout NV a bit too seriously...
louise fortin

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:12 am

How did you get both Boone and Arcade as followers (at the same time) on the PS3? On a later post you wrote you played on a PS3. Did I read this wrong?
Ana

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:11 am

what armour is boone wearing?
Josee Leach

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:36 am

what armour is boone wearing?

Looks like the Reinforced Combat Armor Mk. 1 - so far the best nonpowered armor I've found.
Anna Watts

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:44 am

I think you're taking Fallout NV a bit too seriously...

Or having too much fun with it. :wink_smile:
Myles

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:16 am

Oh, your Courier design looks like mine.

Me in the Naughty Nightie, Boone, and Ed-E in the (Tops) Presidential Suite. Good times, good times.

Yep. You got that right. :)

The funniest thing I had happen was with a pre-patch unresponsive Boone. He wouldn't leave the gun runners and nothing I did worked. So I fired him , hid behind one of the broken buildings and did a full sneak attack on him with the rat slayer.

He was left with1 bar health and still wouldn't move. I went on my way and about 10 minutes later started hearing heavy breathing. After that every minute I heard either moaning or heavy breathing followed by "I can't feel my limbs." I had to rehire him to get his voice to stop following me. Luckily he worked after that.

I had this happen to me with some Geckos in Goodsprings. Their squeaking followed me back to the Lucky 38 and Boone was running around like a crazy man with his gun out trying to shoot them. I had to go back to a previous save to get rid of the squeaking. This happened pre-patch as well.

How did you get both Boone and Arcade as followers (at the same time) on the PS3? On a later post you wrote you played on a PS3. Did I read this wrong?

I didn't mention that Arcade following Boone around happened in the Lucky 38 suite. Because, yeah, you can't have both following you around at the same time on the PS3. :)
Kayla Oatney

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:31 am

During my gameplay on PS3, I previously had sent Cass and Ganon to the Lucky 38 suite, while having Rex and Veronica as followers.

After finishing Rex's quest, went back to the suite and when I found out they both had been taking some consumable items decided to send them back to their original locations:

First I dismissed Veronica (told her to go to the suite , in wich we were already in) then I did talk to Cass to rehire her but since my karma was too low she started to give me a piece of her mind and then I choose the bad option that turns her hostile to me (something about going back with her parents), so I had to put her down. Really sad because I went through all the trouble to finish her quest (killing the other characters that wronged her).

Right there I dismissed Rex hire back Veronica and somehow I was able to get Ganon as well. I don't know if this was normal or a glitch. Played for a while with both of them following me just to see if the game crashed but it didn't. Then had to send Ganon to the Mormon Fort because it's really annoying had to hear all of his whinning (especifically while sneaking).

Afterr that I haven't tried again.
Ricky Meehan

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:27 am

During my gameplay on PS3, I previously had sent Cass and Ganon to the Lucky 38 suite, while having Rex and Veronica as followers.

After finishing Rex's quest, went back to the suite and when I found out they both had been taking some consumable items decided to send them back to their original locations:

First I dismissed Veronica (told her to go to the suite , in wich we were already in) then I did talk to Cass to rehire her but since my karma was too low she started to give me a piece of her mind and then I choose the bad option that turns her hostile to me (something about going back with her parents), so I had to put her down. Really sad because I went through all the trouble to finish her quest (killing the other characters that wronged her).

Right there I dismissed Rex hire back Veronica and somehow I was able to get Ganon as well. I don't know if this was normal or a glitch. Played for a while with both of them following me just to see if the game crashed but it didn't. Then had to send Ganon to the Mormon Fort because it's really annoying had to hear all of his whinning (especifically while sneaking).

Oh, that's odd that you got two humans to follow you at the same time. I'd have to say that was a glitch.

Cass is very touchy. After I finished her quest I had her wait for me at the Lucky 38. Then she disappeared. Then I went with Arcade back to the Silver Rush, where I had previously killed everyone and looted the place, and there was Cass. She said something and took off. Not sure where yet. I'm thinking back to the Lucky 38 but I haven't been back yet to see if she is there.

I didn't have Arcade before the patch, but he doesn't seem to whine a whole lot, so maybe they fixed that.
Stay-C

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:42 am

Oh, that's odd that you got two humans to follow you at the same time. I'd have to say that was a glitch.

Cass is very touchy. After I finished her quest I had her wait for me at the Lucky 38. Then she disappeared. Then I went with Arcade back to the Silver Rush, where I had previously killed everyone and looted the place, and there was Cass. She said something and took off. Not sure where yet. I'm thinking back to the Lucky 38 but I haven't been back yet to see if she is there.

I didn't have Arcade before the patch, but he doesn't seem to whine a whole lot, so maybe they fixed that.

I thougth so too, and for Ganon I wouldn't know because after that I did Ed-E quest, took him to Mormon Fort and Ganon is now gone. I think he got scared because of the Cass incident : )

Oh well, life goes on.
Adam Baumgartner

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:38 pm

Thanks for the info. I won't try that, would probably blow up my game. Also, I don't get to do much fighting with ED-E and one other follower. With three followers I wouldn't get to do anything.
Ray

Return to Fallout: New Vegas