Can I Run Fallout:New Vegas?

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:43 pm

4GB DRR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, 2.1Ghz AMD Athlon Dual-Core and a ATI Mobility Radeon 4250. I have the game already on Xbox 360. But it is buggy and lame. The PC version I heard is less buggy and you can install mods!
Roanne Bardsley

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:33 pm

if you are using a laptop.... maybe, because laptop video cards are generally not capable of processing the high demands of intense games. Other than that your computer should be able to run it at max settings.
Luis Reyma

Post » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:18 am

if you are using a laptop.... maybe, because laptop video cards are generally not capable of processing the high demands of intense games. Other than that your computer should be able to run it at max settings.

It is a laptop. I didn't think it'd be able to, as everyone has been telling me it is an extremely low end graphics card. Is it even worth me getting the PC version? I mean is it actually better than the console versions?
Kahli St Dennis

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:04 pm

It is a laptop. I didn't think it'd be able to, as everyone has been telling me it is an extremely low end graphics card. Is it even worth me getting the PC version? I mean is it actually better than the console versions?

if you like mods, then yes. i am playing on an xbox now partly now partly because i can't constantly upgrade a pc. i was playing oblivion and the game or mods knocked out my bios. if you using a computer other than playing games, installing games on it can give you a headache.
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:55 am

Buy it. I have the same specs. I have to have pretty much all low settings (resolution at 1024 x 768) but it works fine for me.

It looks horrible compared to the consoles I guess but TBH, even apart from the mods, the command console ingame makes the PC version far superior, even with horrible graphics.

Oh, my settings are 1024 x 768, shadows off, water stuff set to low/off and I leave the rest at medium settings (when you start the launcher in options then you can select automatic settings: low, medium, high, ultra. I picked medium (what was suggested by the launcher itself for my hardware) and I just switched off all screen effects.

Actually, you might have to play at low settings but still, it works amazingly fine for me.

Though I've only played a few hours so far but I haven't had any stutter apart from with VATS, it can take up to 4 seconds just for the zoom in to happen. Apparently it's a known bug that was in Fallout 3 too but I never managed to find a fix for it.

Wait, I have a ATI 4200, but the 4250 is slightly better so logically it will work. :)
carla

Return to Fallout: New Vegas