How many people here are interested in a mod where you play

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:34 am

Small note to moderators, I accedently clicked the wrong section and did not notice it untill now, mind moving it?

So not long ago I had a mod that was about 70% done, it was a mod allowing the player to be evil, it had lairs, new npcs, minions, character creation tweaks, a selective storyline, pretty much everything for a sinister character.

Here's the problem:
The computer I made it on got a nasty virus and the system was completley fried, including the mod. I am considering remaking it again, but I don't wanna put hard work into something that won't be used, so I am asking first if people would be interested in it.
In which case, here's what will feature:

New spells, abilities, powers and combat moves for evil characters.

Classes: Necromancer, Assassin, Manhunter, Fanatic and Berserker.

A new personal island, with minions, a ship (Yeah, it works.), and a war-room.

Tweaked storyline: The player may choose to kill Uriel Septim himself, thus cutting off the main quest and giving a villain reputation, or just going at it as usual.

Doom:
This won't be some bad mod where all you can do is to buff up your character to fight enemies and kill people (Or, well, the beta will be like that...).
Here you will be able to create various evil deeds to bring death to the people, including:
- The plague.
- A dark army.
- Undead beings.
- Riots.

- Some others may be added aswell.

Justice:
There will be knights of the nine guarding the streets aswell, and some of them may just hunt you down for what you've done.
(It won't be like in "Player Hunters Fame & Infamy", here it's based on the bounty of a crime, and the knights respawn.

New things:
I will add some new weapons, armors etc.

More people:

Random respawning npcs in the city, so that you always have fresh victims walking the streets, along with rival villains and other people who wants to both stop you and help you.

Other stuff:
Just to keep people curious, I won't mention everything.

And as mentioned, I've done this before, I just wanna know if people are interested in it, in which case I'll make it again. Even though like all mods, it may take a while.
Cameron Wood

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:11 pm

Sorry, my character is a strict paladin :nope: But I do know that there are a lot of dark character out there, so...
Sammykins

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:49 am

I'd love to play that mod, but your primary motivation should be that you want to play it. Its only a bonus if others like it too :D
Hella Beast

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Sorry, my character is a strict paladin :nope: But I do know that there are a lot of dark character out there, so...

Once I'm bored enough, I'll add in some goodguy stuff aswell, or... Maybe not good guys, I doubt good guys has inquisitors, but I'll include some anti-villain class later on.

EDIT (Can't quote since they insist on this annoying javascript >_<.):
To The Real Neraver...

That I want to play it? In due time, sure, just gotta get into Oblivion again.
Ben sutton

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:24 am

It sounds good to me, and Id certainly play such a mod. It similar to something I'm working on now, although the player is not actually evil, its just that the rest of Tamriel think he (and his whole race) are a pretty bad bunch (Its not true of course!)

However, I do agree with The Real Neraverine in so much as it should be YOU who wants to play it, and its just a bonus if anyone else likes it. That's my motivation anyway.

Cheers

MVK
Angelina Mayo

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:29 am

It sounds good to me, and Id certainly play such a mod. It similar to something I'm working on now, although the player is not actually evil, its just that the rest of Tamriel think he (and his whole race) are a pretty bad bunch (Its not true of course!)

However, I do agree with The Real Neraverine in so much as it should be YOU who wants to play it, and its just a bonus if anyone else likes it. That's my motivation anyway.

Cheers

MVK

Hmmm... Well, I'll start working on it, only reason why I stopped playing oblivion was due to Nexus, I mean, they are sort of bossy and inmature there, made me leave it untill I noticed this place, so as mentioned, once I get back on track with Oblivion, then I'll want to.
Devils Cheek

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:11 am

This sounds like something http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3407/sirkillsalotstatsjpg.jpg would greatly enjoy.
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:13 pm

This sounds like something http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3407/sirkillsalotstatsjpg.jpg would greatly enjoy.

Jikes... It's like a giant, genociding powerranger...
Alessandra Botham

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:58 pm

I personally find there is little reward for playing as a bad guy; I almost always end up good just because it cuts out all the issues of not being able to get into towns etc.

If you could make it so the evil character actually feels immersed in his evilness and can maybe get into towns, like adding new entrances that evil guys can sneak in through, then it would sound like fun.

If you could make NPC's fear you, like in Fable, then that would be a massive attraction. I used to love seeing people run in fear in Fable.

I thik the whole onus of being evil is about the roleplay; feeling like a bad guy that everyone fears.
Mrs. Patton

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:52 am

Jikes... It's like a giant, genociding powerranger...

:rofl: Beware! The Mighty Morphin Murderous Power Ranger!
Latino HeaT

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:57 am

I personally find there is little reward for playing as a bad guy; I almost always end up good just because it cuts out all the issues of not being able to get into towns etc.

If you could make it so the evil character actually feels immersed in his evilness and can maybe get into towns, like adding new entrances that evil guys can sneak in through, then it would sound like fun.

If you could make NPC's fear you, like in Fable, then that would be a massive attraction. I used to love seeing people run in fear in Fable.

I thik the whole onus of being evil is about the roleplay; feeling like a bad guy that everyone fears.

Hmmm... I'll see if I can't modify the greetings so that they say things like "Run away!" and things like that, just like when you've punched them for a while. It dosn't sound too hard. Making them run might be abit more difficult, but they can definatley be scared.
Also: I will add angry mobs who will hunt down the player, like "Agitated Peasant" or something, that comes with torches and clubs and such after the player either has a certain amount of infamy, or a certain amount of bounty, either works, even though bounty will make it more consistant.
Flesh Tunnel

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:37 am

... the issues of not being able to get into towns etc.

See link in my sig. It was exactly that problem that inspired the mod.
Dagan Wilkin

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:36 am

People still play Oblivion?
I thought I was the only one left.

Anyway, the storyline in vanilla Oblivion is a good side. Having a evil storyline? That would be freaking awsome!
Sista Sila

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:58 am

People still play Oblivion?
I thought I was the only one left.

Anyway, the storyline in vanilla Oblivion is a good side. Having a evil storyline? That would be freaking awsome!

By storyline you mean simply killing Uriel and run off? Oh yeah!

...What? I'm a lazy scripter...
Michelle Chau

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:06 am

Well, if you need help. I have in-depth experience with the Construction Set.
Tanya Parra

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:05 am

Huh, sounds good to me!
maria Dwyer

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:38 am

Well, if you need help. I have in-depth experience with the Construction Set.

I am abit rusty I must admit, got a few things to get back to, not to mention my tight schedule.

Sure, if you'd like to help, PM me or send a homing-bird or something... My birdumber is 555-... Oh, wait, birds dosn't have numbers...
Michael Korkia

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:08 am

Sure, if you'd like to help, PM me or send a homing-bird or something... My birdumber is 555-... Oh, wait, birds dosn't have numbers...

Finally, someone with a more random sense of humour that me.
Lisa

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:40 am

Finally, someone with a more random sense of humour that me.

Pfft, that's abit fire hydrant of you to say, isn't it?

EDIT:
I hope that wasn't offencive.

EDIT Again:
No... No it wasn't...
Bethany Watkin

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:17 am

An evil storyline could be possible.

It could maybe center around becoming part of the Mythic Dawn and doing quests for them.

Maybe as the player advances, then the 'normal' main storyline advances too. So eventually Martin is rescued and taken to the Blades place by a "Mysterious Hero" perhaps? Then the player has to infiltrate Cloud Ruler Temple where Martin is, after the book is taken from the Mythic Dawn cave by that mysterious hero.

So, basically the main storyline is playing out but the player is with the Mythic Dawn instead, get me?

Maybe, at the end the player has to have a showdown with an all powerfull hero and Martin that are trying to stop the Mythic Dawn?

I think this could be a huge mod if you wanted it to be.
Robert Jackson

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:03 pm

An evil storyline could be possible.

It could maybe center around becoming part of the Mythic Dawn and doing quests for them.

Maybe as the player advances, then the 'normal' main storyline advances too. So eventually Martin is rescued and taken to the Blades place by a "Mysterious Hero" perhaps? Then the player has to infiltrate Cloud Ruler Temple where Martin is, after the book is taken from the Mythic Dawn cave by that mysterious hero.

So, basically the main storyline is playing out but the player is with the Mythic Dawn instead, get me?

Maybe, at the end the player has to have a showdown with an all powerfull hero and Martin that are trying to stop the Mythic Dawn?

I think this could be a huge mod if you wanted it to be.

It does sound pretty awesome, but I don't like the idea of "railing" gameplay, I will make it as open-ended as possible. Most places will be destroyable, though, by time. Like the cities, cloud ruler temple and some other new factions, some may take more effort to take down than others, though. I'll gradually add more possibilities, and give out a beta link soon, which only includes three of the classes, a rather uncompleted lair, and the first part of the "storyline" IE: Murdering Uriel. The lair exteriour will be viewable, but not enterable, but that will be about it. Atleast when I realise the first beta, which will simply add the complete character creation.
KRistina Karlsson

Return to IV - Oblivion