about the level 26 perk that regens AP faster than normal ..

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:36 am

How much faster does it regen than if i dont get this perk ?

is this perk useful at all i have grim reapers sprint (but even that doesnt guarantee ill kill what im vatsing )

i just hit level 26 (again) and took warmaonger cuz i had 1 of each schem ^.^ game me v.3 of everything now i just need the parts :P

ive already taken the perks that would help me most XD all i got left is rad resistence and health benifiting under specific condition type perks :/ (and since i dont let those specific conditions happen that often they are almost useless to me )
Farrah Lee

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:15 am

is this perk useful at all i have grim reapers sprint (but even that doesnt guarantee ill kill what im vatsing )

i just hit level 26 (again) and took warmaonger cuz i had 1 of each schem ^.^ game me v.3 of everything now i just need the parts :P

ive already taken the perks that would help me most XD all i got left is rad resistence and health benifiting under specific condition type perks :/ (and since i dont let those specific conditions happen that often they are almost useless to me )

To be honest, I took this perk once, but couldn't see any difference. ANY difference at all. So now, I never take it. Perhaps a pc user could tell us if it actually does something.
Fanny Rouyé

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:56 am

To be honest, I took this perk once, but couldn't see any difference. ANY difference at all. So now, I never take it. Perhaps a pc user could tell us if it actually does something.

If you have Grim Reaper Sprint, that perk is kind of useless. Sure you might not kill your target every time in V.A.T.S but 9/10 you will. Personally, I always kill my target so I never have to worry about AP. Mmm head shots.
Silvia Gil

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:51 am

Well let me open the geck. *Open geck and loads Broken Steel*.

Ok according to this the perk you are reffering too, Nerves of Steel, requires agility to be higher than 7 and lvl 26 to get, and displays the effect DLC03APRegeneration which has a script on it that looks like this.

ScriptName DLC03APRegenScriptFloat MicroRegenBegin ScriptEffectUpdate	Set MicroRegen to ScriptEffectElapsedSeconds / 10	RestoreAv ActionPoints MicroRegenEnd

This script pretty much says every time the script effect updates it sets a variable 'MicroRegen' to how ever much time has passed since it last updated devided by 10. So if ten seconds go by, it sets it to 1, and then adds 1 AP. So yea, it literally does so little its useless. It restores your AV at a rate of aproxamately .1 AP per second. Its really useless... So over a 10 seconds period you will have 103 action points, not like 100. (30 is assuming the default rate is 10pts a second, and I think its more like 40-50. So Wow. Well, theres your answer.
Fam Mughal

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:15 am

Well let me open the geck. *Open geck and loads Broken Steel*.

Ok according to this the perk you are reffering too, Nerves of Steel, requires agility to be higher than 7 and lvl 26 to get, and displays the effect DLC03APRegeneration which has a script on it that looks like this.

ScriptName DLC03APRegenScriptFloat MicroRegenBegin ScriptEffectUpdate	Set MicroRegen to ScriptEffectElapsedSeconds / 10	RestoreAv ActionPoints MicroRegenEnd

This script pretty much says every time the script effect updates it sets a variable 'MicroRegen' to how ever much time has passed since it last updated devided by 10. So if ten seconds go by, it sets it to 1, and then adds 1 AP. So yea, it literally does so little its useless. It restores your AV at a rate of aproxamately .1 AP per second. Its really useless... So over a 10 seconds period you will have 103 action points, not like 100. (30 is assuming the default rate is 10pts a second, and I think its more like 40-50. So Wow. Well, theres your answer.

In layman's terms. The perk is about as valuable as Pre-War Money.
Robert Bindley

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:40 pm

In layman's terms. The perk is about as valuable as Pre-War Money.

Weightless?

Personally I find pre-war money very useful. Fire starter, trade-equalizer, pillow padding, bed decoration, all-around useful as goose-down!

As far as perks go - if there was only a "Numismatics" perk - all trade involving pre-war money renders to the user 10X the value of normal pre-war money trade value (maybe a 2nd level to the "master trader" perk, with a litlle something-something thrown in for beer, scotch, and vodka caps?).
Ashley Tamen

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:02 am

Weightless?

Personally I find pre-war money very useful. Fire starter, trade-equalizer, pillow padding, bed decoration, all-around useful as goose-down!

As far as perks go - if there was only a "Numismatics" perk - all trade involving pre-war money renders to the user 10X the value of normal pre-war money trade value (maybe a 2nd level to the "master trader" perk, with a litlle something-something thrown in for beer, scotch, and vodka caps?).

Fire starter, technically speaking that's not possible to do in game (at least not in the sense you mean) so still useless.

Trade-equalizer, unless you're trading for coffee mugs there won't be no equalizing.

Pillow padding, again you can't do this in game so again it's useless.

Bed decor, this I do. And it's awesome. But useless.

Que!?!?...Nani!?!?...What!?!?...???

Useless, unless for vanity.

Just my opinion tho.
evelina c

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Yeah, the regeneration is extremely slow, and hardly noticable. But I took it anyway because most of the perks added by Broken Steel svck anyway and it was the best left.
katie TWAVA

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:07 am

If you have Grim Reaper Sprint, that perk is kind of useless. Sure you might not kill your target every time in V.A.T.S but 9/10 you will. Personally, I always kill my target so I never have to worry about AP. Mmm head shots.

headshots have little to no effect when faced against the new supermutanst that spawn with Broken Steel (the tri beam wielding ones)
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:19 am

at level 27 i took the perk ... im now level 28 half way to level 29

i couldnt decide on what perk to take and i had no reason to get lead belly (when you have over 250 stim packs what rason do i have to drink from a toilet?)
Benjamin Holz

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:21 pm

headshots have little to no effect when faced against the new supermutanst that spawn with Broken Steel (the tri beam wielding ones)

Super Mutant Overlords are indeed harder to kill. But I don't think I've ever fought more than one at a time. And if there are any other types around I can always kill them first since head shots do put them down, then concentrate on him. Also you don't have to start out in V.A.T.S. Shoot regularly, go for the chest and limbs then pop into V.A.T.S and finish him off with a couple head shots. You can also just shoot the tri beam laser, or any other weapon he picks up. He's a pansy without one, and most of the time he'll haul ass looking for something to shoot you with rather than attack you bare handed.
Heather Dawson

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:48 am

Fire starter, technically speaking that's not possible to do in game (at least not in the sense you mean) so still useless.

Trade-equalizer, unless you're trading for coffee mugs there won't be no equalizing.

Pillow padding, again you can't do this in game so again it's useless.

Bed decor, this I do. And it's awesome. But useless.

Que!?!?...Nani!?!?...What!?!?...???

Useless, unless for vanity.

Just my opinion tho.

It’s weightless and worth 10 caps, so technically it’s neither worthless nor useless.
Adrian Powers

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:13 pm

It’s weightless and worth 10 caps, so technically it’s neither worthless nor useless.

That depends on your definition of worth, I'm rich so 10 caps is worthless to me. I'd rather throw it around my house than sell it. I did not say it had no value, I said it was worthless. And for me, it is.

That is MY opinion. Yours is obviously different and you are entitled to think whatever you wish. I'm glad you find worth in it.
Bonnie Clyde

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:51 pm

That depends on your definition of worth, I'm rich so 10 caps is worthless to me. I'd rather throw it around my house than sell it. I did not say it had no value, I said it was worthless. And for me, it is.

That is MY opinion. Yours is obviously different and you are entitled to think whatever you wish. I'm glad you find worth in it.

I take it you dont pick up bottle caps when you see quantities less than 300 in a box ???
john page

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:34 pm

I usually try to go with an actual definition of a word; it makes communication so much easier.

Anyhow, after my first couple “play-throughs” I started playing minimalist characters just to make the game more challenging. For me, a challenge is more fun. So when I’m halfway across the map from my base or a merchant, out of stimpaks, low on health and ammo, I pick up anything of worth, if I have room to carry it within my self-imposed restrictions.

I can see the attraction of carrying tens of thousands of caps, 10 weapons and 300 pounds of gear. Tried it a couple times myself. To each his own.
kasia

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:17 am

Hey Epic, i play F3 on the PS3, and have heard conflicting reports that this perk is broken on the PC, and maybe the XBOX, but truthfully, i noticed that my ap regen speed increased by about 4-5 every 10 seconds, so i myself have found it useful. especially with the G.O.T.Y. edition making enemies more resistant to damage.
Vicki Blondie

Return to Fallout 3