Modifying Armor Health

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:37 am

Hi everyone,

This is my first time working with the construction set, so please be gentle.

Recently I reinstalled Oblivion and started modding things up.
I use TIE as a leveled list replacement, and like it very much. Except for one thing: Armor health is too low.
Now I tried to see where these changes are done in the CS, but all armor health settings seem to be the same as the normal values. ( I compared the values in the CS with these http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Armor)
Does anyone have any idea where I am to look to adjust the speed the armor loses it's health?

Thanks.
Timara White

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:05 pm

I don't use TIE so I'm not sure about this, but maybe it's the weapon damage that has been increased instead of the armor health that's been decreased. I say this because how fast the armor loses it's health depends on how strong the weapons that hit it are. You may also have other mods that change these values, which would not show up in TIE.
Solène We

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:23 am

You may want to see if the game setting fDamageToArmorPercentage (found in gameplay menu under settings) has been changed, default is 9, higher values will result in more damage to armor per strike.
A Dardzz

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:33 am

Hi,

Thanks for the quick responses.
I checked both the weapon damage and the fDamageToArmorPercentage, and they seem to be the correct default settings.
So the quest continues.

Edit:
I took a better look at the weapon damages, and they indeed seem to be twice as high. This might explain why the armor is taking these heavy hits.
I'll try to use a lower value of fDamageToArmorPercentage to see if my armor will survive a bit longer.
Samantha Pattison

Return to IV - Oblivion