Would You Like A Raven Rock-Like Questline?

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:37 pm

In Bloodmoon they had the questline where you got to aid in the help of the construction of a town called Raven Rock. Would you like to see a similar questline in Skyrim?
Joey Bel

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:41 am

building places in rpgs is always fun :)
Chelsea Head

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:17 pm

building places in rpgs is always fun :)

too right! shame tes 4 didnt flesh out that cropsford place with a quest town building is cool. also what about picking your own place to build the town?
katie TWAVA

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:59 am

I must admit, I've lost track of the amount of times I've played the Raven Rock questline. :D

But to answer the question: I would love to have something similar in Skyrim.
Trey Johnson

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:02 am

i swear every rpg i've ever played the first thing i look to is becoming king/lord and building my own empire or the next closest thing (unless its an rpg obviously not meant for this)
Greg Cavaliere

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:18 pm

That would be an outstanding Easter egg. Maybe they could have the leader of RR show and talk about Nerevarine.
djimi

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:20 am

I would love a Raven Rock storyline, it just screams fun. It would also be awesome to be able to invest into a economy of any town and see it prosper(A long shot but would be cool non-the-less) and not just a questline.
Dalley hussain

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:04 pm

Yes.

It really makes the world feel alive. Seeing a bare patch of land, and a few months later a village is there. It makes you feel like you accomplished something.
Jessie Rae Brouillette

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:03 am

It was one of my favourite parts to morrowind, I wouldnt say no :)
Nana Samboy

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:29 am

I would like something like it, but more suited to me and my type of character maybe attach it to a guild once you reach master, so I am more pulled toward the strongholds from morrowind, but expanded upon to include more options, like it actually netting me something along the lines of money, with ownership of a mine or a dock/ship/warehouse or a gaar farm,... but not something that I just build and there it is,..... doing nothing after it is built, I dont need to see it keep growing after a period of time of course, but to keep it feeling alive would be nice after it has reached full maturity, unlike the strongholds in morrowind or the town of kvatch after you drove out the Daedra in Oblivion, you expect to see some life return to those places after they were either saved or built .
Jerry Cox

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:38 pm

I would rather be a "silent partner" in the management of a town. Spending all of my time adventuring around the countryside does not fit with ruling an area, IMO. Perhaps doing quests that support certain figures and/or groups could shape how the town develops... assisting the Mage's Guild makes the town a center of alchemy and mystical arts so there are fantastic plants and magical spells everywhere. Supporting the Thieves guild makes the area some-what treacherous and you have to fight pick-pockets, citizens do not wander around at night, the general state of buildings would deteriorate, tavern brawls would be a common occurrence. Supporting the fighter's guild would make a hub for imperial patrols to restock so there would be patrols everywhere, people training in combat outdoors. Depending on who you support within the groups would change the way the Lord controls the citizens. The Lord might be a tyrant or what-not.

At any rate, you could stop by during your adventures and see how the town develops and you can get little missions to help or hinder the current development. That would neat. I am not very knowledgeable about TES lore or style of game since I have only played Oblivion, but I tend to like adventuring more than administration.
Soku Nyorah

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:22 pm

It would be cool if well done but I don't find it essencial in any way.
Jason Wolf

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:36 am

Raven Rock was one of the best parts of Bloodmoon and Morrowind in general even. If they can include more quests where you're actually changing the world around you I feel like the game will be much more immersive.
Jordan Fletcher

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Yes, I did thuroughly enjoy that part of Bloodmoon; however i'd like it to be more dynamic with the world. Being able to create or destroy something, instead of a linear scripted action.
Like theoretically being able to bring Kvatch back, feels to generic or linear to me.
NIloufar Emporio

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Absolutley. It was awesome watching the different stages of RRs construcion. I loved walking along tje snowy ground in the dawn, watching people mill about
Joe Alvarado

Return to V - Skyrim